25th October 2019, 04:35 PM |#81  
Flag BPF
Thanks Meter: 94

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long_Sam

Same issue here

Seems that getting an OTA once the tab is rooted is more tricky than expected.

Osiris, try to start your tab with "vol-" and start button and release them just when the Lenovo's logo get on screen.
It's quite uneasy because you have to hold them until the logo appears then release really immediately so you may need many tries.

Once in fastboot, flash again your magisk_patched.img.

after > 100 tries i was able to boot in to bootloader

i hit the VOL - and the power until reboot (vibration) then i hold the VOL + .

flashed the magisk_patched.img and the tablet boots up normaly.

How can we install the newest OTA ?
27th October 2019, 06:24 PM |#82  
Flag BPF

Donate to Me
More
Following Steps for the new OTA:

rescue with LMSA
update to the latest OTA (4 OTA)
flash the new magisk_patched.img

Now i´ve the lastet OTA installed and rooted
1st November 2019, 12:38 PM |#83  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser42

I am working on getting the stock ROM for each variant of the Lenovo Smart Tab. I still don't have the files for the M10. Do you have the full file names for the M10 OTA update zip files? I want to create the patched bootloader images for the M10 and make all of those files available here for download.

I've just unboxed a Smart Tab M10 (TB-X605F, hardware code 63). The non-LTE variant. It's bundled with a docking station (HA-200).

The LMSA rescue ROM (9.0, security patch 5 May 2019) is TB_X605F_USR_S200065_1905280020_Q00332_ROW
OTA #1 (9.0, security patch 1 July 2019) is TB-X605F_USR_S210045_190808_Q00332_ROW
OTA #2 (9.0, security patch 1 Sept 2019) is TB-X605F_USR_S210097_190927_Q00332_ROW

OTA #2 is the most recent update. Hope that helps with the bootloader patching for the M10. I'm happy to test for you.

There was another OTA path starting with the out-of-the-box Oreo & running through 4 OTAs. But I couldn't find the stock Oreo ROM anywhere. So I reckon we can ignore that path. LMSA rescues with the Pie ROM (S200065_190528) & patches with only two OTAs (see links above). That's heaps simpler.

BTW, I don't know if it's just me, but the button combinations on the TB-605F seem to be different from what's reported in this thread for the TB-605L & the P10s. My combinations are:
  • Vol Down + Power = fastboot mode
  • Vol Up + Power = FBBM mode
  • Vol Up + Vol Down + Power = recovery mode
Out of the box (with Oreo), Vol Up+Power went into this weird POWER SUSPEND test mode. But the Pie update seems to have changed it to FBBM mode.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yahoo Mike For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Yahoo Mike Ad-Free
5th November 2019, 12:55 AM |#84  

More
Lenovo Smart Tab M10 (TB-X605F) running S210097_190927 only

Here's a magisk_patched.img for build X605F_S210097_190927_ROW. As at today, S210097_190927 is the latest build. Magisk 20.1 worked fine for me.

Usual warnings. Use at your own risk. This can brick your device & it's not my fault. Don't use this for any other model or build. It worked for me, but it might not work for you.

A big merci mille fois to @Long_Sam for his helpful guide on rooting the M10.

Thanks to @Chaser42 for all his work - especially the tip to use applypatch from an old Marshmallow device. Dusted off the old Moto X2 and it worked like a charm.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yahoo Mike For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Yahoo Mike Ad-Free
7th November 2019, 10:23 AM |#85  
Flag BPF

Donate to Me
More
Lenovo M10 LTE TB-X605L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahoo Mike

Lenovo Smart Tab M10 (TB-X605F) running S210097_190927 only

Here's a magisk_patched.img for build X605F_S210097_190927_ROW. As at today, S210097_190927 is the latest build. Magisk 20.1 worked fine for me.

Usual warnings. Use at your own risk. This can brick your device & it's not my fault. Don't use this for any other model or build. It worked for me, but it might not work for you.

A big merci mille fois to @Long_Sam for his helpful guide on rooting the M10.

Thanks to @Chaser42 for all his work - especially the tip to use applypatch from an old Marshmallow device. Dusted off the old Moto X2 and it worked like a charm.

Hello,

is it possible that you can explain it for me how to patch ihe boot.img.p if an new OTA arrives.

thx
7th November 2019, 05:28 PM |#86  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Bonjour Long_Sam

Un grand merci pour toutes ces informations et surtout pour la solution !
Je n’en reviens toujours pas de voir que ces tablettes «Région» se retrouvent avec un sujet sur XDA !
Pour la petite histoire, je suis justement en poste dans un des lycées de la Région, affecté au service informatique. (Mais pas employé par le CR, je préfère le préciser ...!)

Depuis l’arrivé des tablettes, je me sentais un peu seul face à ce problème de carte SD, et les retours de la région sur ce problème sont simplement inexistants ... (à croire que ce problème n’existe pas selon eux)

J’étais également persuadé que le dysfonctionnement provenait de la surcouche «région» ajoutée à l’OS.
Après plusieurs tentatives de déverrouillage (infructueuses) du bootloader (j’avais dans l’idée de la tester sous Lineage...), voila que je tombe sur ce poste salvateur
Alors encore une fois, merci !!

Je me suis arrêter juste après l’upgrade vers Android 9.0, ce qui me donne enfin accès à la carte SD.

Je me pencherai sur le root dans le prochaine épisode !
8th November 2019, 12:53 PM |#87  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSIRIS2010

Hello,

is it possible that you can explain it for me how to patch ihe boot.img.p if an new OTA arrives.

thx

I just followed the instructions in the post linked by @acwodc earlier in this thread. Don't forget to do ADB ROOT before running ADB SHELL.

I found the most recent complete boot.img for M10 in the LMSA rescue ROM. Then applied the boot.img.p files from the OTAs incrementally (OTA#1, then OTA#2).

You'll need a rooted device with an old version of applypatch that will apply patches to/from files. Newer versions of applypatch won't work.

I guess you could also hunt down the old AOSP source for applypatch & compile it. ...but I'm too lazy to do that.
10th November 2019, 02:35 PM |#88  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hello Yahoo Mike
Many thanks for your work. I didn't have time to do it myself. That's great. I'm going to update my original post with your links

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Bonjour _Nelga_

Très heureux d'avoir pu apporter un peu d'aide.
Entre le système déjà dépassé au moment de la distribution des tablettes et les manuels et leur readers qui ne fonctionnent que de manière très aléatoire...
Même sans le root, le passage à Android 9 rend la tablette beaucoup plus stable. Qui sait, avec un peu de patience et d'entraide, ces tablettes pourraient même être utilisable en cours

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Nelga_

Bonjour Long_Sam

Un grand merci pour toutes ces informations et surtout pour la solution !
Je n’en reviens toujours pas de voir que ces tablettes «Région» se retrouvent avec un sujet sur XDA !
Pour la petite histoire, je suis justement en poste dans un des lycées de la Région, affecté au service informatique. (Mais pas employé par le CR, je préfère le préciser ...!)

Depuis l’arrivé des tablettes, je me sentais un peu seul face à ce problème de carte SD, et les retours de la région sur ce problème sont simplement inexistants ... (à croire que ce problème n’existe pas selon eux)

J’étais également persuadé que le dysfonctionnement provenait de la surcouche «région» ajoutée à l’OS.
Après plusieurs tentatives de déverrouillage (infructueuses) du bootloader (j’avais dans l’idée de la tester sous Lineage...), voila que je tombe sur ce poste salvateur
Alors encore une fois, merci !!

Je me suis arrêter juste après l’upgrade vers Android 9.0, ce qui me donne enfin accès à la carte SD.

Je me pencherai sur le root dans le prochaine épisode !

15th November 2019, 03:01 PM |#89  
OP Member
Houston, TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Sorry everybody as I've been away for the last couple of weeks.

I want to let everyone know that I am seeing a 5th OTA update available for the P10 that is roughly 200 megabytes in size. I will update my test device shortly and will release original and patched bootloader images for the P10 later today. I can also help with the other devices if you guys are able to make the new OTA update file available to me.

Chaser
15th November 2019, 03:35 PM |#90  
OP Member
Houston, TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Yahoo Mike! Many thanks for all of your hard work helping everyone out. You couldn't have arrived at a better time as I was largely unavailable for the last few weeks. I'm reading back through all of the posts on the thread that I have missed. I've been meaning to rewrite the original post to include all of the information about the various OTA updates and all of the magic involved with the bootloader image files. I knew that all of the information was in the thread because I intentionally replied to posts in such a way that everything was documented. You successfully followed all of the bread crumbs and successfully got up to speed to where I'm at. I suppose I'm good with this stuff but I am by no means an expert. This whole project begin for me this summer when I got my P10 and there was virtually nothing available on Google regarding unlock or root. So I jumped into the pool and started researching and started figuring stuff out. And now I really enjoy helping everybody. It's become a neat hobby for me. But like everybody else, I've got real life in the background and sometimes things get busy. So it really feels good to know that you're here helping out along with a couple others that understand it all. We've got a great user community here on XDA.

Chaser
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaser42 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chaser42 Ad-Free
16th November 2019, 12:45 AM |#91  
Flag Mandelieu la Napoule
Thanks Meter: 5

More
delete

---------- Post added at 00:45 ---------- Previous post was at 00:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long_Sam

Hi Chaser and hi all.

Thanks for your guide which help me a lot to root the TB-X605F

This tutorial was mainly written in french because its main audience is french. The Région Sud (formerly PACA) in France has bought and delivered some 200 000 Lenovo M10 to its high school students and teachers last month. But the tab is running on a specific Android 8.1 with bloatwares and some bugs. There is an SDcard with it, mostly useless. It's not writable and many were corrupted within a few days so one have to format it, sometimes from a computer because the tablet seems unable to do so (My daughter's one). But I'm afraid that this issue comes from the system actually.

Hope this will help.

First the English version as stated by the forum rules. Most of this comes directly from your original post (Chaser42). Thank you very much for your work.

First we will update to a stock Lenovo Android 9. We'll need a computer running windows 8 or 10. I've done this with windows 10.

Then we'll root the Tab. It has been done with Linux because it's my favorite OS but it's possible from windows too.

I) GETTING FRESH ANDROID 9

I.1) Get in developer mode on the Tablet. Go in "Settings", "System", "About the Tablet", and tap "Build number" seven time.

I.2) From the "Developer options" menu, select "USB Debugging"

I.3) On your windows computer, download and install "Lenovo MOTO Smart Assistant" from Lenovo site. The installer is currently lmsa_v4.4.0.15_setup.exe.

I.4) Create an account so you still get the Lenovo guaranty, then register the Tab with your account. It seems necessary to make the following rescue.

I.5) In LMSA, go in "Flash", "Rescue" and follow its instructions. First diconnect the Tab and turn it off. LMSA will download the .zip rescue system to be flashed. Then it will ask you to connect the tablet (which is off) to the computer while pressing "vol+" button. The screen stays off but the rescue goes on and flash the new system.

Once the rescue is done, your tablet restart under Android 9. Go through the config wizard. Here you are, but you still have the "Lenovo meteo".

Hi,
I followed the first part of the tutorial above. It is about a M-10 TB-X605F.

After the I.5 step, my M10 doesn't boot anymore. It seems to be bricked.
What can I do??
Thanks for you help.

M.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root, smart-tab-p10, tb-x705f, unlock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)