FORUMS

How to Mod Whatsapp on your own

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By simon.baker670, Junior Member on 26th November 2018, 04:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,
I want to mod Whatsapp on my own without using third party apps such as GBwhatsapp , Whatsapp plus, parallel space apk, appcloner apk...etc. I want to know how they do it.


What i Found
I tried using an android application that clones whatsapp and found there is two methods used:
1. Workspace Method: Parallel Space installs whatsapp in the root folder of the Parallel space application it self without changing in the code or any thing. There is several apps that do the same. ( I am not interested in this method)
2. Apk editing method: Appcloner apk, it clones whatsapp to a different name and allows modification to the app, but on one condition the original whatsapp version must be installed in order to verify the whatsapp number. (This is what i am trying to do manually) but i need to solve the problem where i dont need to install the original app in order to work(gbwhatsapp solved this problem but how?)

What i tried:
A.
I tried decompiling the whatsapp using (apktool, ApkEdit) then signing the app using zipsigner. The app gets installed but the problem is i cant get pass whatsapp verification number it gives an error and returns whatsapp to the first page:
"Something is wrong with your version of whatsapp. Please download the latest version from our website: https://whatsapp.com/android."
This is the error that i face and i want a fix for it.

B.
I used zipsigner on the original whatsapp apk file and signed the apk with new signiture then installed the app. I found that it gave the same error as above.

Conclusion:
Changing whatsapp apk signature prevents you from verifying the whatsapp number.

Can any one provide us with a fix how can we do this and mod our own version of whatsapp. I presume there is something to do with exposed since i found exposed modules in the decompiled folder for the cloned Whatsapp apk by appcloner and the apk gbwhatsapp.

Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to simon.baker670 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simon.baker670 Ad-Free
26th November 2018, 07:27 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.baker670

Hi,
I want to mod Whatsapp on my own without using third party apps such as GBwhatsapp , Whatsapp plus, parallel space apk, appcloner apk...etc. I want to know how they do it.


What i Found
I tried using an android application that clones whatsapp and found there is two methods used:
1. Workspace Method: Parallel Space installs whatsapp in the root folder of the Parallel space application it self without changing in the code or any thing. There is several apps that do the same. ( I am not interested in this method)
2. Apk editing method: Appcloner apk, it clones whatsapp to a different name and allows modification to the app, but on one condition the original whatsapp version must be installed in order to verify the whatsapp number. (This is what i am trying to do manually) but i need to solve the problem where i dont need to install the original app in order to work(gbwhatsapp solved this problem but how?)

What i tried:
A.
I tried decompiling the whatsapp using (apktool, ApkEdit) then signing the app using zipsigner. The app gets installed but the problem is i cant get pass whatsapp verification number it gives an error and returns whatsapp to the first page:
"Something is wrong with your version of whatsapp. Please download the latest version from our website: https://whatsapp.com/android."
This is the error that i face and i want a fix for it.

B.
I used zipsigner on the original whatsapp apk file and signed the apk with new signiture then installed the app. I found that it gave the same error as above.

Conclusion:
Changing whatsapp apk signature prevents you from verifying the whatsapp number.

Can any one provide us with a fix how can we do this and mod our own version of whatsapp. I presume there is something to do with exposed since i found exposed modules in the decompiled folder for the cloned Whatsapp apk by appcloner and the apk gbwhatsapp.

Thanks

This is kinda illegal and you can't ask anything about that here as it's against the XDA rules.Unless you made Whatsapp yourself and want help.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Atifbaig786 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Atifbaig786 Ad-Free
27th November 2018, 01:14 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atifbaig786

This is kinda illegal and you can't ask anything about that here as it's against the XDA rules.Unless you made Whatsapp yourself and want help.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hi,
How is this illegal and all posts on xda regarding Gbwhatsapp and yowhatsapp and other whatsapp modded apk's are legal
All i want to know the process of making similar whatsapp mods manually because at the end no one knows if these moded apk's out there are clean and doesn't have any trojans.
The Following User Says Thank You to simon.baker670 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simon.baker670 Ad-Free
27th November 2018, 03:28 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.baker670

Hi,
How is this illegal and all posts on xda regarding Gbwhatsapp and yowhatsapp and other whatsapp modded apk's are legal
All i want to know the process of making similar whatsapp mods manually because at the end no one knows if these moded apk's out there are clean and doesn't have any trojans. Remark Gbwhatsapp is made by an arabic developer so can we trust it.

It IS ILLEGAL.By all standards.Modding an apk through Lucky Patcher is Technically legal as you are not modding the app rather than modding The Android OS Which is Open source.If the GBWhatsapp guy was in America or anywhere in sight of Whatsapp company he would be sued very hard.Also read XDA rules once before posting anything here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
28th November 2018, 06:43 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
In USA let it be illegal maybe, but hey hey guys: there is the whole world yet outside!

Sent from my LM-Q610.FG using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to plejadrian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift plejadrian Ad-Free
29th November 2018, 03:51 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.baker670

Hi,
I want to mod Whatsapp on my own without using third party apps such as GBwhatsapp , Whatsapp plus, parallel space apk, appcloner apk...etc. I want to know how they do it.


What i Found
I tried using an android application that clones whatsapp and found there is two methods used:
1. Workspace Method: Parallel Space installs whatsapp in the root folder of the Parallel space application it self without changing in the code or any thing. There is several apps that do the same. ( I am not interested in this method)
2. Apk editing method: Appcloner apk, it clones whatsapp to a different name and allows modification to the app, but on one condition the original whatsapp version must be installed in order to verify the whatsapp number. (This is what i am trying to do manually) but i need to solve the problem where i dont need to install the original app in order to work(gbwhatsapp solved this problem but how?)

What i tried:
A.
I tried decompiling the whatsapp using (apktool, ApkEdit) then signing the app using zipsigner. The app gets installed but the problem is i cant get pass whatsapp verification number it gives an error and returns whatsapp to the first page:
"Something is wrong with your version of whatsapp. Please download the latest version from our website: https://whatsapp.com/android."
This is the error that i face and i want a fix for it.

B.
I used zipsigner on the original whatsapp apk file and signed the apk with new signiture then installed the app. I found that it gave the same error as above.

Conclusion:
Changing whatsapp apk signature prevents you from verifying the whatsapp number.

Can any one provide us with a fix how can we do this and mod our own version of whatsapp. I presume there is something to do with exposed since i found exposed modules in the decompiled folder for the cloned Whatsapp apk by appcloner and the apk gbwhatsapp.

Thanks

So no one knows how or no one wants to share, it only for educational purposes only.
3rd December 2018, 01:48 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.baker670

So no one knows how or no one wants to share, it only for educational purposes only.

any one??????????????:co nfused:
4th December 2018, 05:44 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.baker670

Why did the xda forum, blacklisted my post from being visible when searching about whatsapp mod. I even wrote the post title in the search area and it gave no result.
This is not nice and not ethical by the forum.
If someone want to learn something new from this site about something widely used and widely posted on xda you come and do this !!!!!!!!

It is highly unethical to post Modded apps on XDA if you don't own them.No matter how you try.Because you won't find anything on forums related to luckypatcher or Game guardian because modding apps and discussing them leads to legal notices leading to headaches being caused in xda.You can however name the app X and ask anyone how to do it.But you must no reveal your intentions.Also I challenge you to find a post related to lucky patching game guardian hacking or modding whatsapp or any app related to copyright infringement

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
4th December 2018, 06:15 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Firstly its very unethical, secondly why are the mods even allowing this thread to be still open ?
6th December 2018, 01:23 PM |#10  
Redline's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Victoria, Australia
Thanks Meter: 1,825
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfish

Firstly its very unethical, secondly why are the mods even allowing this thread to be still open ?

If you think it deserves attention, report it instead of asking why it's still open.

On a separate note, after reading through the thread I'm letting it stay open. While OP references other modded versions of Whatsapp, he's not providing one himself that goes against rules 6 and 9 of the forum, available here.
Do note though, that POSTING something modified through illegitimate means is cause for further action. Especially so if they're modded by clearly frowned-upon ways, like Lucky Patcher.
Also Especially if they provide you features that you'd normally have to pay for or obtain otherwise.
I'm going to move this to a more suitable section, though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Redline For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Redline Ad-Free
29th June 2020, 07:13 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.baker670

Hi,
How is this illegal and all posts on xda regarding Gbwhatsapp and yowhatsapp and other whatsapp modded apk's are legal
All i want to know the process of making similar whatsapp mods manually because at the end no one knows if these moded apk's out there are clean and doesn't have any trojans.

It's not illegal to create mods of apks unless the modded app let's you use some service that is PAID in the original apk. Modifying or adding extra features to apps like Whatsapp is not illegal (One such example would be Youtube vanced, which is modded version of Youtube with no ads, etc etc).

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atifbaig786

It is highly unethical to post Modded apps on XDA if you don't own them.No matter how you try.Because you won't find anything on forums related to luckypatcher or Game guardian because modding apps and discussing them leads to legal notices leading to headaches being caused in xda.You can however name the app X and ask anyone how to do it.But you must no reveal your intentions.Also I challenge you to find a post related to lucky patching game guardian hacking or modding whatsapp or any app related to copyright infringement

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Do some research before you say anything.
Here is a modded version of Youtube on XDA, YouTube Vanced.
And I don't see any copyright strike on this post that I linked. So, what's the thing that you challenged @simon.baker670? I'm sure he didn't ask anything about using Lucky Patcher or Game guardian for modding.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes