FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Huawei Y635 Development

1,547 posts
Thanks Meter: 809
 
Post Reply Email Thread
19th January 2016, 03:44 AM |#11  
desalesouche's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,353
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonta72

I'm testing now.
I will give you results on Hangouts.
Edit:
Tested but "Can't connect to camera" error always occur. Camera icon is still invisible!
I have also found a new bug in all of the cm12.1 builds that boot on Y635 (even surdu's builds for G620S): Calls can't be hang up! If you make call, you need to reboot (or soft reboot) to end the call

about calls can't be hang up problem.
here is solution. add it to op.
Baseband required in order to fix Dialer issue :

Flash 1° or 2°
1° g7-l01_modem.zip - 25.01 MB
2° 4xqwt_lp_modem.zip

you will find zip file at following link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=273
The Following User Says Thank You to desalesouche For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift desalesouche Ad-Free
 
 
19th January 2016, 10:53 AM |#12  
Nonta72's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Speed Force
Thanks Meter: 809
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by desalesouche

about calls can't be hang up problem.
here is solution. add it to op.
Baseband required in order to fix Dialer issue :

Flash 1° or 2°
1° g7-l01_modem.zip - 25.01 MB
2° 4xqwt_lp_modem.zip

you will find zip file at following link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=273

Thanks man!
The second file fixed this issue. 1st one gives No Signal.
Added to Op!
19th January 2016, 12:03 PM |#13  
Nonta72's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Speed Force
Thanks Meter: 809
 
Donate to Me
More
New !!! Front Camera now works!
I managed to get front camera to work somehow
I used CyanogenMod Camera Next from this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...llery-t3187041
After launching the app, you need to quickly click on the switch camera button to switch to selfie mode before the camera force close lol
21st January 2016, 04:45 PM |#14  
Nonta72's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Speed Force
Thanks Meter: 809
 
Donate to Me
More
New ROM, Flyme OS Android 5.1.1
I have a new ROM for you guys, still have camera bug.
Flyme OS 4.5.4R for G620S (work on Y635).
>>> REAR CAMERA DOES NOT WORK. FRONT CAMERA WORKS AND TAKES PICTURES BUT PICTURES BECOME ALL BLACK <<<

Installation:

1) Download the ROM from here Mega (551.4 MB)
2) Download the Patch from here Mega (12.7 MB)
> The patch contains camera libs to prevent camera apps from disappearing and also make front camera work. If you want to take photos with front camera, please try Camera Next from my previous post because integrated camera will start to force close after one use. So you need to reset its data in settings. The patch also contains a custom boot.img and a build.prop. Both files must be used only with this rom.
3) Put both in your sdcard, reboot to recovery and flash ROM then the patch.
4) Reboot and Enjoy
Note: First boot can take up to 10 minutes! Be patient.

Screenshots:





Credits:

- @surdu_petru
- @desalesouche
- haohao3344
- GLokin666 @ HTCMania

Source: HTCMania
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nonta72 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nonta72 Ad-Free
21st January 2016, 07:33 PM |#15  
surdu_petru's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 20,969
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonta72

After many attempts with @desalesouche we are almost done with camera. The LED Flash now works with torch apps but camera still doesn't work.
We replaced libmmcamera2_sensor_modules.so and aftet that, some progress has been made!
In fact, using the 'libmmcamera2_sensor_modules.so' from stock rom makes LED Flash work! And this is what dmesg states now regarding the camera sensors:

Code:
<3>[276, mm-qcamera-daem][    6.401282] s5k5e2_foxconn_hc0806 probe succeeded
But the front camera sensor still fails to start:
Code:
<3>[276, mm-qcamera-daem][    6.752924] ov2680_byd_bm2920b power up failed
What logcat says now regarding the sensor:
Code:
01-01 13:27:51.409 E/mm-camera-sensor(  276): af_actuator_init:629 name = s5k5e2_foxconn_hc0806
01-01 13:27:51.409 E/mm-camera-sensor(  276): actuator_load_lib:542 name=s5k5e2_foxconn_hc0806, mode=camera
01-01 13:27:51.409 E/mm-camera-sensor(  276): actuator_load_lib:564 library libactuator_s5k5e2_foxconn_hc0806.so successfully loaded, idx=0
01-01 13:27:51.409 E/mm-camera-sensor(  276): actuator_load_lib:588 library libactuator_s5k5e2_foxconn_hc0806_camera.so successfully loaded, idx=0
01-01 13:27:51.409 E/mm-camera-sensor(  276): actuator_load_lib:542 name=s5k5e2_foxconn_hc0806, mode=camcorder
01-01 13:27:51.409 E/mm-camera-sensor(  276): actuator_load_lib:588 library libactuator_s5k5e2_foxconn_hc0806_camcorder.so successfully loaded, idx=1
If we replace just the 'libmmcamera2-sensor-modules.so" dmesg says that powering the s5k5e2 failed too and it makes sense because the cm12.1 rom we are testing doesn't come with any s5k5e2 lib! Thus, the sensor can't be powered on. After adding the missing s5k5e2 libs to the rom, the dmesg shows that the camera is successfully loaded. 13 Modules related to the s5k5e2 were missing; we added them.
The same way, we added the missing ov2680 missing files but for some reasons, it still can't start.

THE STOCK CAMERA STOPPED DISAPPEARING FROM LAUNCHER TOO !

The full DMESG: http://pastebin.com/gdYccNR5
The whole LOGCAT: http://pastebin.com/gdYccNR5

Here's a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl-4vmtX8sE

Keep visiting, Good things here soon; promised!


Yep, very good - you are not far away to activate the camera

First, you should keep all libraries and also ( system/bin/mm-qcamera-daemon) related camera from your stock rom, and not from cm-12.0 for G620S !

After you already repalced all libraries, please provide logcat after you try to enable camera !

If camera cannot be detected/open , please go into your device , and let me to know what you can see after this command :

Code:
> adb shell
$ su 
# mm-qcamera-daemon
Thanks !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surdu_petru Ad-Free
22nd January 2016, 12:20 AM |#16  
Nonta72's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Speed Force
Thanks Meter: 809
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by surdu_petru

Yep, very good - you are not far away to activate the camera

First, you should keep all libraries and also ( system/bin/mm-qcamera-daemon) related camera from your stock rom, and not from cm-12.0 for G620S !

After you already repalced all libraries, please provide logcat after you try to enable camera !

If camera cannot be detected/open , please go into your device , and let me to know what you can see after this command :

Code:
> adb shell
$ su 
# mm-qcamera-daemon
Thanks !

Hi,
Nice to see you here

About keeping camera libs, I have already copied everything with "actuator", "chromatix" and "mmcamera" from stock/vendor/lib to cm-12.1/vendor/lib. I can't just directly use the entire 'lib' folder from stock/vendor; else, I will get bootloop.

Anyways, here's the results from the command:
Code:
[email protected]:/ # mm-qcamera-daemon
mm-qcamera-daemon
WARNING: linker: libmmcamera_imglib.so: unused DT entry: type 0x6ffffffe arg 0x2050
WARNING: linker: libmmcamera_imglib.so: unused DT entry: type 0x6fffffff arg 0x1
[email protected]:/ #
Here are both newest logcat and dmesg:
- newest_logcat.log
- newest_dmesg.log

I know, the logcat is from Flyme OS; but the camera behave just the same way in every cm-12.1 rom and Flyme OS is based on cyanogenmod if I'm not wrong. The problem exist with all kernels: yours, desalesouche's builds and mines aswell.
22nd January 2016, 11:52 AM |#17  
surdu_petru's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 20,969
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonta72

Hi,
Nice to see you here

About keeping camera libs, I have already copied everything with "actuator", "chromatix" and "mmcamera" from stock/vendor/lib to cm-12.1/vendor/lib. I can't just directly use the entire 'lib' folder from stock/vendor; else, I will get bootloop.

Anyways, here's the results from the command:

Code:
[email protected]:/ # mm-qcamera-daemon
mm-qcamera-daemon
WARNING: linker: libmmcamera_imglib.so: unused DT entry: type 0x6ffffffe arg 0x2050
WARNING: linker: libmmcamera_imglib.so: unused DT entry: type 0x6fffffff arg 0x1
[email protected]:/ #
Here are both newest logcat and dmesg:
- newest_logcat.log
- newest_dmesg.log

I know, the logcat is from Flyme OS; but the camera behave just the same way in every cm-12.1 rom and Flyme OS is based on cyanogenmod if I'm not wrong. The problem exist with all kernels: yours, desalesouche's builds and mines aswell.


You shouldn't post here the whole logcat. You can upload only the lines related camera from logcat ... and you must try to open camera while you take logcat.

So do "adb logcat > log.txt" and right now please try to open camera for few times .... In this way you will be able to see into logcat all issues about camera.

Thanks !
The Following User Says Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surdu_petru Ad-Free
22nd January 2016, 04:02 PM |#18  
Nonta72's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Speed Force
Thanks Meter: 809
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by surdu_petru

You shouldn't post here the whole logcat. You can upload only the lines related camera from logcat ... and you must try to open camera while you take logcat.

So do "adb logcat > log.txt" and right now please try to open camera for few times .... In this way you will be able to see into logcat all issues about camera.

Thanks !

Well, I don't know if I did right, but I procceeded as you said. Here's what I found related to camera error.
E/mm-camera( 324): isp_hw_find_primary_cid:304 error cannot find primary sensor format
E/mm-camera( 324): ispif_proc_streamoff: error: No streams to be stopped
E/mm-camera( 324): ispif_proc_streamoff: ISPIF_CFG error = -1
E/mm-camera-img( 324): faceproc_save_album:794] Error No album
E/CAM_Util( 6224): Show fatal error dialog
E/mm-camera-sensor( 324): af_actuator_set_params:439 failed rc -1
E/mm-camera-sensor( 324): actuator_process:1094 failed rc -1
E/mm-camera-sensor( 324): module_sensor_stream_on:2426 sensor_failure : ACTUATOR_SET_PARAMETERS failed
E/mm-camera-sensor( 324): module_sensor_module_process_event:3471 failed
E/mm-camera-intf( 258): mm_stream_streamon: ioctl VIDIOC_STREAMON failed: rc=-1
E/mm-camera-intf( 258): mm_channel_start: start stream failed at idx(1)
E/mm-camera-sensor( 324): port_sensor_port_process_event:1230 failed
E/mm-camera-img( 324): faceproc_comp_eng_destroy: Album save failed -1
E/CAM2PORT_AndCamAgntImp( 6224): java.lang.RuntimeException: startPreview failed
E/CAM_CameraActivity( 6224): java.lang.RuntimeException: startPreview failed
W/PackageManager( 3269): Failure retrieving resources for com.android.camera2: Resource ID #0x0
E/mm-camera( 324): Fail,cpphw=0xb7af6558, hw_params=0xb7c31cc8, chromatix_ptr=0x0, trigger=0xb7b4fc88
E/mm-camera( 324): Fail,cpphw=0xb7af6558, hw_params=0xb7c31cc8, chromatix_ptr=0x0, trigger=0xb7b4fc88
E/mm-camera-sensor( 324): af_actuator_set_params:439 failed rc -1
E/mm-camera-sensor( 324): actuator_process:1094 failed rc -1
E/mm-camera-intf( 258): mm_stream_unreg_buf: fd=58, VIDIOC_REQBUFS failed, rc=-1
E/mm-camera( 324): c2d_hardware_process_streamoff:208: failed
E/mm-camera( 324): c2d_module_handle_streamoff_event:1496: hw streamoff failed
E/mm-camera( 324): cpp_hardware_process_streamoff:648: failed
E/mm-camera( 324): cpp_module_handle_streamoff_event:2096: hw streamoff failed
E/mm-camera( 324): Fail,cpphw=0xb7af6558, hw_params=0xb7c30438, chromatix_ptr=0x0, trigger=0xb7b88968
E/mm-camera( 324): Fail,cpphw=0xb7af6558, hw_params=0xb7c30438, chromatix_ptr=0x0, trigger=0xb7b88968
W/PackageManager( 6224): Failure retrieving resources for com.android.gallery3d: Resource ID #0x0
W/CameraBase( 6224): Camera service died!


Full log (ONLY CAMERA RELATED LINES AS YOU SUGGESTED) => camera_log.txt
The Following User Says Thank You to Nonta72 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nonta72 Ad-Free
22nd January 2016, 06:23 PM |#19  
surdu_petru's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 20,969
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonta72

Well, I don't know if I did right, but I procceeded as you said. Here's what I found related to camera error.

E/mm-camera( 324): isp_hw_find_primary_cid:304 error cannot find primary sensor format
E/mm-camera( 324): ispif_proc_streamoff: error: No streams to be stopped
E/mm-camera( 324): ispif_proc_streamoff: ISPIF_CFG error = -1
E/mm-camera-img( 324): faceproc_save_album:794] Error No album
E/CAM_Util( 6224): Show fatal error dialog
E/mm-camera-sensor( 324): af_actuator_set_params:439 failed rc -1
E/mm-camera-sensor( 324): actuator_process:1094 failed rc -1
E/mm-camera-sensor( 324): module_sensor_stream_on:2426 sensor_failure : ACTUATOR_SET_PARAMETERS failed
E/mm-camera-sensor( 324): module_sensor_module_process_event:3471 failed
E/mm-camera-intf( 258): mm_stream_streamon: ioctl VIDIOC_STREAMON failed: rc=-1
E/mm-camera-intf( 258): mm_channel_start: start stream failed at idx(1)
E/mm-camera-sensor( 324): port_sensor_port_process_event:1230 failed
E/mm-camera-img( 324): faceproc_comp_eng_destroy: Album save failed -1
E/CAM2PORT_AndCamAgntImp( 6224): java.lang.RuntimeException: startPreview failed
E/CAM_CameraActivity( 6224): java.lang.RuntimeException: startPreview failed
W/PackageManager( 3269): Failure retrieving resources for com.android.camera2: Resource ID #0x0
E/mm-camera( 324): Fail,cpphw=0xb7af6558, hw_params=0xb7c31cc8, chromatix_ptr=0x0, trigger=0xb7b4fc88
E/mm-camera( 324): Fail,cpphw=0xb7af6558, hw_params=0xb7c31cc8, chromatix_ptr=0x0, trigger=0xb7b4fc88
E/mm-camera-sensor( 324): af_actuator_set_params:439 failed rc -1
E/mm-camera-sensor( 324): actuator_process:1094 failed rc -1
E/mm-camera-intf( 258): mm_stream_unreg_buf: fd=58, VIDIOC_REQBUFS failed, rc=-1
E/mm-camera( 324): c2d_hardware_process_streamoff:208: failed
E/mm-camera( 324): c2d_module_handle_streamoff_event:1496: hw streamoff failed
E/mm-camera( 324): cpp_hardware_process_streamoff:648: failed
E/mm-camera( 324): cpp_module_handle_streamoff_event:2096: hw streamoff failed
E/mm-camera( 324): Fail,cpphw=0xb7af6558, hw_params=0xb7c30438, chromatix_ptr=0x0, trigger=0xb7b88968
E/mm-camera( 324): Fail,cpphw=0xb7af6558, hw_params=0xb7c30438, chromatix_ptr=0x0, trigger=0xb7b88968
W/PackageManager( 6224): Failure retrieving resources for com.android.gallery3d: Resource ID #0x0
W/CameraBase( 6224): Camera service died!


Full log (ONLY CAMERA RELATED LINES AS YOU SUGGESTED) => camera_log.txt


Ok, I saw some issues with actuator : "MAX_ACTUATOR_REGION is exceeded." - so, this function "msm_actuator_set_param" from this : "../kernel/huawei/msm8916/drivers/media/platform/msm/camera_v2/sensor/actuator/msm_actuator.c" , cannot set correct parameters for actuator - because return -EFAULT

static int32_t msm_actuator_set_param(struct msm_actuator_ctrl_t *a_ctrl,
struct msm_actuator_set_info_t *set_info) {
struct reg_settings_t *init_settings = NULL;
int32_t rc = -EFAULT;
uint16_t i = 0;
struct msm_camera_cci_client *cci_client = NULL;
CDBG("Enter\n");

for (i = 0; i < ARRAY_SIZE(actuators); i++) {
if (set_info->actuator_params.act_type ==
actuators[i]->act_type) {
a_ctrl->func_tbl = &actuators[i]->func_tbl;
rc = 0;
}
}

if (rc < 0) {
pr_err("Actuator function table not found\n");
return rc;
}
if (set_info->af_tuning_params.total_steps
> MAX_ACTUATOR_AF_TOTAL_STEPS) {
pr_err("Max actuator totalsteps exceeded = %d\n",
set_info->af_tuning_params.total_steps);
return -EFAULT;
}
if (set_info->af_tuning_params.region_size
> MAX_ACTUATOR_REGION) {
pr_err("MAX_ACTUATOR_REGION is exceeded.\n");
return -EFAULT;
}
*************


At this point, only a stock kernel from your device can help us - we need to make some comparisons, because I think something is missing compared to your stock kernel for your device.

So, if you have a stock Huawei kernel for your Y635 device, please push it without modification on your github - when I'll have some free time, I'll try to take a look ( maybe I can help more ) . Thanks !


On the other hand, why you not try to compile only for your device, without adding in the kernel other devices, so you can rename g620s_defconfig to y635_defconfig and disable all support for other devices, you should let only "CONFIG_SUPPORT_Y635 = y" - then edit Makefile from ... ../kernel/huawei/msm8916/arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom/ !


Also you can take a look here about camera blobs, my advice is to remove all dependency related camera from cm-12.1, and than you can add back from your device - in your device may be more or fewer libraries, so should not be mixed with the cm-12.1 for G620S !
22nd January 2016, 08:52 PM |#20  
Nonta72's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Speed Force
Thanks Meter: 809
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by surdu_petru

At this point, only a stock kernel from your device can help us - we need to make some comparisons, because I think something is missing compared to your stock kernel for your device.

That really makes sense! In you cm11 builds, I could fix camera by using stock zImage with cm11 ramdisk then replacing the vendor/lib folder of that rom with stock one But stock kernel can't be used in cm12.1

Quote:

So, if you have a stock Huawei kernel for your Y635 device, please push it without modification on your github - when I'll have some free time, I'll try to take a look ( maybe I can help more ) . Thanks !

Sure, I will push it; it will be ready tomorrow.

Quote:

On the other hand, why you not try to compile only for your device, without adding in the kernel other devices, so you can rename g620s_defconfig to y635_defconfig and disable all support for other devices, you should let only "CONFIG_SUPPORT_Y635 = y" - then edit Makefile from ... ../kernel/huawei/msm8916/arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom/ !

Well, we just used your kernel source with some little modifications. I will try what you suggested.

Quote:

Also you can take a look here about camera blobs, my advice is to remove all dependency related camera from cm-12.1, and than you can add back from your device - in your device may be more or fewer libraries, so should not be mixed with the cm-12.1 for G620S !

We've already did so...Somehow. But we added missing libraries especially related to s5k5e2 and ov2680. I also created a test vendor blob with only y635; but I was running into some weird errors during compiling process.
Anyways, see this commit here on github
The Following User Says Thank You to Nonta72 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nonta72 Ad-Free
23rd January 2016, 02:56 AM |#21  
Nonta72's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Speed Force
Thanks Meter: 809
 
Donate to Me
More
@surdu_petru you may want to see here on huawei website because the upload to Github is taking longer than I was expecting !
The Following User Says Thank You to Nonta72 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nonta72 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm-12.1, custom, huawei-y635, rom, y635

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes