Join Telegram group for further development : https://telegram.me/infinixzero5
This is Ported TWRP Recovery from a same Mt6757 chipset model. which i used to port it for our Infinix X603.
Thanx @topjhonwu for magisk.
Thanx for @majorkid for making OTA supportable
TWRP for non indian and global version for necessary changes. (Need to test)
I am not responsible for bricked devices.
Your warranty will void now. Do it at your own Risk.
- Make sure your Bootloader is Unlocked. If already unlocked jump to how to flash.
Process to unlocking.
1. go to settings/about phone/build number (tap build no for 7 time now developer option available in settings)
2. go to developer option turn on usb debugging and OEM unlocking.
3. then go to pc download and extract and copy adb fastboot driver folder in Drive C. (or install form net.)
4. Go in fastboot folder which is copied to C. press and hold shift key on your key board and click right key on your mouse it will show option open cmd here or open power shell window here.
5. Click it, A cmd or power shell window will open.
type "adb devices" - it show some no of your device just give permission from your phone screen)
type "adb reboot bootloader" your phone reboot in bootloader mode.
type "fastboot oem unlock" follow onscreen instruction on phone, press volume + to confirm. thats it but it will erase all your data.
Reboot phone by pressing power button for 10 sec. setup it as temporarily.
Flashing of TWRP
1. Download the Latest TWRP Recovery Image and extract it (Attached). Use correct version for your device for OTA support.
For India (Indian) For Global (Global)
(Insert a SD card in your phone to take stock boot.img backup it will required for OTA in Future.)
2. Go in adb fastboot folder which is copied to C. copy twrp_recovery.img here then press and hold shift key on your key board and click right key on your mouse it will show option open cmd here or open power shell window here.
3. Click it, A cmd or power shell window will open.
4. Flash it via fastboot cmd (fastboot flash recovery Twrp_recovery.img) don’t use bracket.
It will flash recovery on your phone. Now type fastboot reboot in cmd window and press and hold vol+ button and hit enter.
Phone will reboot in twrp recovery.
Note : After flashing first time it will ask for password due to phone is encrypted.
a. just cancel it and allow to modify system by swiping arrow at down and select 2nd last option at right side then select globe icon on right and chose your language English.
(First take Boot.img backup Via backup option in TWRP in SD Card. (bcz internal storage shows 0 mb here at this movement.) It will use for OTA so save it.
b. then flash magisk manager.zip file attached here. (it will remove dm-verity and force encryption from boot.img) and give root access.
c. then go to Wipe and select format Data it will erase all data on your internal storage. remember it will erase your data in ext4 format so go to wipe advance select data and change file system to f2fs. Ext4 data not supported by kernel so you got loop to recovery so It must to repair data in f2fs.
d. Done Reboot to recovery and you got mounted storage.
- Flash it via SP flash tool. (use version 5.1744 recommended)
How to use SP flash tool :
Install Vcom media tek driver on your pc.
More detail and download available on following link
IF ANYONE GOT LOOP IN BETWEEN TO RECOVERY MEANS PROCESS NOT FOLLOWED PROPERLY.NOT BOOTING PHONE JUST FLASH STOCK RECOVERY. YOUR PHONE WILL BOOT THEN DO PROCESS AGAIN.
1. When ota available just download it. Don’t start flashing.
2. Location of OTA downloaded file in Root so use any root file explorer.
3. File can be found in :-
4. Copy file name is update.zip to your sd card or phone memory.
5. Reboot to recovery and flash first stock boot.img which you already taken backup and saved before when flashing twrp.
6. now flash update.zip via TWRP (dont reboot after flashing otherwise you will currept your system)
7. After flashing update.zip, first again take backup of your boot.img for future ota update.
8. After taking backup of boot.img flash magisk.zip and reboot. (If you did not flash magisk then your data again encrypted and u lose all data)
6. Done you are on latest version.
Note:- Always remember to flash magisk.zip at last before reboot.
OTA SUPPORTABLE TWRP Link for zero 5 global varient by @majorkid -
OTA SUPPORTABLE TWRP Link for zero 5 pro global varient by majorkid[/
Update: Last updated on 27/01/2018 (With almost all stock stuff with OTA support)