Infinix Zero 5/Zero 5 pro (X603) TWRP Recovery 3.1.1 With OTA Support

Search This thread

lalitjoshi06

Feb 25, 2013
Touch is Working Now. (Finally) with OTA Support only for zero5 indian varient
Join Telegram group for further development : https://telegram.me/infinixzero5

This is Ported TWRP Recovery from a same Mt6757 chipset model. which i used to port it for our Infinix X603.
Thanx @topjhonwu for magisk.
Thanx for @majorkid for making OTA supportable
TWRP for non indian and global version for necessary changes. (Need to test)

Warning:-
I am not responsible for bricked devices.
Your warranty will void now. Do it at your own Risk.

Unlocking Bootloader
- Make sure your Bootloader is Unlocked. If already unlocked jump to how to flash.
Process to unlocking.
1. go to settings/about phone/build number (tap build no for 7 time now developer option available in settings)
2. go to developer option turn on usb debugging and OEM unlocking.
3. then go to pc download and extract and copy adb fastboot driver folder in Drive C. (or install form net.)
4. Go in fastboot folder which is copied to C. press and hold shift key on your key board and click right key on your mouse it will show option open cmd here or open power shell window here.
5. Click it, A cmd or power shell window will open.
type "adb devices" - it show some no of your device just give permission from your phone screen)
type "adb reboot bootloader" your phone reboot in bootloader mode.
type "fastboot oem unlock" follow onscreen instruction on phone, press volume + to confirm. thats it but it will erase all your data.
Reboot phone by pressing power button for 10 sec. setup it as temporarily.

Flashing of TWRP
1. Download the Latest TWRP Recovery Image and extract it (Attached). Use correct version for your device for OTA support.
For India (Indian) For Global (Global)
(Insert a SD card in your phone to take stock boot.img backup it will required for OTA in Future.)
2. Go in adb fastboot folder which is copied to C. copy twrp_recovery.img here then press and hold shift key on your key board and click right key on your mouse it will show option open cmd here or open power shell window here.
3. Click it, A cmd or power shell window will open.
4. Flash it via fastboot cmd (fastboot flash recovery Twrp_recovery.img) don’t use bracket.
It will flash recovery on your phone. Now type fastboot reboot in cmd window and press and hold vol+ button and hit enter.
Phone will reboot in twrp recovery.
Note : After flashing first time it will ask for password due to phone is encrypted.
a. just cancel it and allow to modify system by swiping arrow at down and select 2nd last option at right side then select globe icon on right and chose your language English.
(First take Boot.img backup Via backup option in TWRP in SD Card. (bcz internal storage shows 0 mb here at this movement.) It will use for OTA so save it.
b. then flash magisk manager.zip file attached here. (it will remove dm-verity and force encryption from boot.img) and give root access.
c. then go to Wipe and select format Data it will erase all data on your internal storage. remember it will erase your data in ext4 format so go to wipe advance select data and change file system to f2fs. Ext4 data not supported by kernel so you got loop to recovery so It must to repair data in f2fs.
d. Done Reboot to recovery and you got mounted storage.
Another Method.
- Flash it via SP flash tool. (use version 5.1744 recommended)
How to use SP flash tool :
Install Vcom media tek driver on your pc.
More detail and download available on following link
https://spflashtool.com/

IF ANYONE GOT LOOP IN BETWEEN TO RECOVERY MEANS PROCESS NOT FOLLOWED PROPERLY.NOT BOOTING PHONE JUST FLASH STOCK RECOVERY. YOUR PHONE WILL BOOT THEN DO PROCESS AGAIN.

OTA-
1. When ota available just download it. Don’t start flashing.
2. Location of OTA downloaded file in Root so use any root file explorer.
3. File can be found in :-
a. Root/cache/update.zip
b. Root/data/data/com.google.android.gms/app_download/update.zip
4. Copy file name is update.zip to your sd card or phone memory.
5. Reboot to recovery and flash first stock boot.img which you already taken backup and saved before when flashing twrp.
6. now flash update.zip via TWRP (dont reboot after flashing otherwise you will currept your system)
7. After flashing update.zip, first again take backup of your boot.img for future ota update.
8. After taking backup of boot.img flash magisk.zip and reboot. (If you did not flash magisk then your data again encrypted and u lose all data)
6. Done you are on latest version.

Note:- Always remember to flash magisk.zip at last before reboot.

OTA SUPPORTABLE TWRP Link for zero 5 global varient by @majorkid -
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=890129502657578792

OTA SUPPORTABLE TWRP Link for zero 5 pro global varient by [MENTION=7078341]majorkid[/
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=890129502657578807

Update: Last updated on 27/01/2018 (With almost all stock stuff with OTA support)

Attachments

• MT6757_Android_scatter.txt
    12.3 KB · Views: 2,806
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 2,096
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 2,093
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 2,108
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 1,889
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,818
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,793
  • Magisk15.3.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 2,272
Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017
Thank you for your efforts :) I don't know why but it didn't work (i searched and downloaded alot and it's the only recovery that gave me a response but the screen was flipped and the touch was disabled, also the stock recovery is working well) :(

lalitjoshi06

Feb 25, 2013
Thank you for your efforts :) I don't know why but it didn't work (i searched and downloaded alot and it's the only recovery that gave me a response but the screen was flipped and the touch was disabled, also the stock recovery is working well) :(

flip screen was old but i updated it with working twrp. is it showing vernee mix 2 name on top?
can you send screen shot.
its working perfectly.
just match the zip size which you downloaded (if it is 13.23 mb then it is old)
download current version attached above is 15.31 mb in size.
Screen Shot is also updated
Let me know your success.............................

Last edited:
Reactions: XDAdeveeloopers
Dec 13, 2017
flipped screen fixed !

Ok, now it's not flipped but the touch is still disabled :(
again, thank you for your efforts. I've attached the screenshots. it tells me to enter the password but the touch is disabled and i couldn't type anything.

Last edited:

lalitjoshi06

Feb 25, 2013
At this stage only cancle button will work. Dont type anything just press cancle button.
It shows next screen.
I chek if issue is there.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017
when i connect my mouse via otg or flash it temporarily it works fine except that it shows that the internal storage is 0mb and when i try to install something it tells me that it's unable to mount /data as rw
also can you tell me how to get the password required in the first screen ?

Last edited:

lalitjoshi06

Feb 25, 2013
when i connect my mouse via otg or flash it temporarily it works fine except that it shows that the internal storage is 0mb and when i try to install something it tells me that it's unable to mount /data as rw
Read OP carefully. You need to format data partition completly first time and need to patch boot img via lazy flasher.
Showing 0mb bcz it is encrypted. You can use memory card.
If you want root then go for magisk root till recovery updated.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017
OK, now I removed the encryption, installed magisk and the root worked but when I try to install busybox and some other apps it doesn't work. When I try to install supersu zip it doesn't work (extracting ramdisk failure aborting) , isn't there any way to install supersu in order to get apps working correctly?

Last edited:

lalitjoshi06

Feb 25, 2013
OK, now I removed the encryption, installed magisk and the root worked but when I try to install busybox and some other apps it doesn't work. When I try to install supersu zip it doesn't work, isn't there any way to install supersu in order to get apps working correctly?
which busybox your trying and what error.
currently supersu have some error with new devices. which version you tried it should be 2.82 or above.

Dec 13, 2017
I downloaded both free and pro versions of stericson's busybox and neither of them worked.
Also I downloaded supersu 2.82 and it also didn't work.

Last edited:

lalitjoshi06

Feb 25, 2013
Finally the Touch is updated and working now.
I enabled touch in kernel which is disabled for recovery partition.

Last edited:

lalitjoshi06

Feb 25, 2013
I downloaded both free and pro versions of stericson's busybox and neither of them worked.
System is encrypted.
Use magiskmanager beta 14.5 or flash lazyflasher via twrp then one time you need to wipe data partition.
Always remember when you flash orignal boot.img you need to flash lazyflasher or magisk otherwise your system will become encrypted again.

lalitjoshi06

Feb 25, 2013
you can use ndk busybox from magisk app there is option download module.
But currently there is problem with module with this phone. the data partition is in F2FS format and its kernel is not handling f2fs properly.
TWO option for use magisk module.
1. wait for kernel update via infinix. or
2. format data partition as Ext4 from twrp.

Super su does not work correctly with f2fs currently.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Touch is Working Now. (Finally) with OTA Support only for zero5 indian varient
    Join Telegram group for further development : https://telegram.me/infinixzero5

This is Ported TWRP Recovery from a same Mt6757 chipset model. which i used to port it for our Infinix X603.
    Thanx @topjhonwu for magisk.
    Thanx for @majorkid for making OTA supportable
    TWRP for non indian and global version for necessary changes. (Need to test)

Warning:-
    I am not responsible for bricked devices.
    Your warranty will void now. Do it at your own Risk.

Unlocking Bootloader
    - Make sure your Bootloader is Unlocked. If already unlocked jump to how to flash.
    Process to unlocking.
    1. go to settings/about phone/build number (tap build no for 7 time now developer option available in settings)
    2. go to developer option turn on usb debugging and OEM unlocking.
    3. then go to pc download and extract and copy adb fastboot driver folder in Drive C. (or install form net.)
    4. Go in fastboot folder which is copied to C. press and hold shift key on your key board and click right key on your mouse it will show option open cmd here or open power shell window here.
    5. Click it, A cmd or power shell window will open.
    type "adb devices" - it show some no of your device just give permission from your phone screen)
    type "adb reboot bootloader" your phone reboot in bootloader mode.
    type "fastboot oem unlock" follow onscreen instruction on phone, press volume + to confirm. thats it but it will erase all your data.
    Reboot phone by pressing power button for 10 sec. setup it as temporarily.

Flashing of TWRP
    1. Download the Latest TWRP Recovery Image and extract it (Attached). Use correct version for your device for OTA support.
    For India (Indian) For Global (Global)
    (Insert a SD card in your phone to take stock boot.img backup it will required for OTA in Future.)
    2. Go in adb fastboot folder which is copied to C. copy twrp_recovery.img here then press and hold shift key on your key board and click right key on your mouse it will show option open cmd here or open power shell window here.
    3. Click it, A cmd or power shell window will open.
    4. Flash it via fastboot cmd (fastboot flash recovery Twrp_recovery.img) don’t use bracket.
    It will flash recovery on your phone. Now type fastboot reboot in cmd window and press and hold vol+ button and hit enter.
    Phone will reboot in twrp recovery.
    Note : After flashing first time it will ask for password due to phone is encrypted.
    a. just cancel it and allow to modify system by swiping arrow at down and select 2nd last option at right side then select globe icon on right and chose your language English.
    (First take Boot.img backup Via backup option in TWRP in SD Card. (bcz internal storage shows 0 mb here at this movement.) It will use for OTA so save it.
    b. then flash magisk manager.zip file attached here. (it will remove dm-verity and force encryption from boot.img) and give root access.
    c. then go to Wipe and select format Data it will erase all data on your internal storage. remember it will erase your data in ext4 format so go to wipe advance select data and change file system to f2fs. Ext4 data not supported by kernel so you got loop to recovery so It must to repair data in f2fs.
    d. Done Reboot to recovery and you got mounted storage.
    Another Method.
    - Flash it via SP flash tool. (use version 5.1744 recommended)
    How to use SP flash tool :
    Install Vcom media tek driver on your pc.
    More detail and download available on following link
    https://spflashtool.com/

IF ANYONE GOT LOOP IN BETWEEN TO RECOVERY MEANS PROCESS NOT FOLLOWED PROPERLY.NOT BOOTING PHONE JUST FLASH STOCK RECOVERY. YOUR PHONE WILL BOOT THEN DO PROCESS AGAIN.

OTA-
    1. When ota available just download it. Don’t start flashing.
    2. Location of OTA downloaded file in Root so use any root file explorer.
    3. File can be found in :-
    a. Root/cache/update.zip
    b. Root/data/data/com.google.android.gms/app_download/update.zip
    4. Copy file name is update.zip to your sd card or phone memory.
    5. Reboot to recovery and flash first stock boot.img which you already taken backup and saved before when flashing twrp.
    6. now flash update.zip via TWRP (dont reboot after flashing otherwise you will currept your system)
    7. After flashing update.zip, first again take backup of your boot.img for future ota update.
    8. After taking backup of boot.img flash magisk.zip and reboot. (If you did not flash magisk then your data again encrypted and u lose all data)
    6. Done you are on latest version.

Note:- Always remember to flash magisk.zip at last before reboot.

OTA SUPPORTABLE TWRP Link for zero 5 global varient by @majorkid -
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=890129502657578792

OTA SUPPORTABLE TWRP Link for zero 5 pro global varient by [MENTION=7078341]majorkid[/
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=890129502657578807

Update: Last updated on 27/01/2018 (With almost all stock stuff with OTA support)

flip screen was old but i updated it with working twrp. is it showing vernee mix 2 name on top?
    can you send screen shot.
    its working perfectly.
    just match the zip size which you downloaded (if it is 13.23 mb then it is old)
    download current version attached above is 15.31 mb in size.
    Screen Shot is also updated
    Let me know your success.............................
    At this stage only cancle button will work. Dont type anything just press cancle button.
    It shows next screen.
    I chek if issue is there.
    Cancle is not working too :(
    just use it as temp. bcz after flash touch not working.
    Touch is disabled in kernel for recovery partation by infinix.
    for temp use cmd.
    fastboot boot recovery.img

will update soon..........
    Read OP carefully. You need to format data partition completly first time and need to patch boot img via lazy flasher.
    Showing 0mb bcz it is encrypted. You can use memory card.
    If you want root then go for magisk root till recovery updated.