Thanks Meter: 1,335

Donate to Me
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfox59

Hi,

I'm testing this on an Asus TF103C,
I'm on Linux so I don't utilize your batch file but I flash recovery.zip, recovery.launcher, the trigger then launch the OEM command.
Apparently, all is good but at the end I have a black screen, is it possible that the recovery need a file (like a screen driver)?
When in that state, I didn't have acces at adb so no logs of what is bad.

If you have any idea of what could be wrong,

Thanks for your work

If you would have tried Linux version might have worked better for you.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/dell...rsion-t2963104

9th January 2015, 06:01 PM |#72  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 1,790

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirefo

If you would have tried Linux version might have worked better for you.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/dell...rsion-t2963104

I think your correct sorry i suspect the display is going to sleep between the last flash command and issuing the oem command

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app
9th January 2015, 08:59 PM |#73  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Compatibility Teclast X98 Air 3G
Hi,

I successfully launched CWM using T3 option on Teclast X98 Air 3G

But when backing up to external storage there is an error message that the boot partition
cannot be mounted:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150109_204135_errorlog.jpg
Views:	706
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	3106833

Logging during startup does not show any error:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150109_204305_start.jpg
Views:	708
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	3106832

Any idea what is going wrong.

best,

gnegne
9th January 2015, 09:06 PM |#74  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cincinnati

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnegne

Hi,

I successfully launched CWM using T3 option on Teclast X98 Air 3G

But when backing up to external storage there is an error message that the boot partition
cannot be mounted:

Attachment 3106833

Logging during startup does not show any error:

Attachment 3106832

Any idea what is going wrong.

best,

gnegne

It doesn't know how to handle it I assume. . .
I think I need to change the recovery.fstab generator to mark the file system type for boot as emmc if the file system type is marked as hidden so it won't attempt to mount it don't think it should prevent rooting though. cwm recovery doesn't attempt to mount recovery or fastboot automatically but does attempt to automatically mount boot on startup. . .

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app
9th January 2015, 10:27 PM |#75  
Thanks Meter: 187

More
Hi to all.
I like this kind of proyect. I am no expert. But I like to learn from all of you.
I was aproach by PM but looking at this thread I guess I can share with you all. Here was the mesage:

Quote:

you posted the pit table , it showed some interesting files that i would like to review to see if a method can be found to either unlock other intel devices or replace the bootloader on locked devices or at least get a different view of another intel android device.

im not sure if you or anyone would know how to or if it is even possible to dump the files / partitions i'm wanting to review but everyone seems to be going in the same circles over and over , so i'm hoping that some dumps from a device that uses a different bootloader might shed some additional lite.

I own a GT-P5210 Galaxy Tab3 Wifi. I been told that the boots are unlock! What ever this means!
I do notplay with boot partitions, onece because it is riski but because I am afraid of this Lock busness.
In fact, there are about 20 partitions on my device, there are many that I do not touch. So I had work with recovery, data, system and deleted the cashe. I have play with with boot to modified its kernel in atemps to overcome some issue with KitKat. But to be honest I quit and returned to 4.2.2.

Yes I posted my Pit, and yes It should be posible to dump most of the partitions. Clearly some will be empty, others may not be posible. Then It could be posible that some may be encrypyed or paked in some unknown protocol. I seen reports in some devices, mostly GSM, that the problem to play with it is to lose the device Identity (Like MAC or IMEI) resulting in lost of GSM or WIFI??

All this situation is created for Selinux, Knox etc. It is important to say that SELINUX is an invention of N S A. Yes Nat1onal Secur1ry Ag3ncy. You know what ther bussnes is about! They had developt an extencive antytampering mechanisim. What you whant to do will not be eassy and may not be posible. It will depend in how many of those mecanisims are in place.

In fact I have predicted the Death of Andorid in the Near Near future. Once all the Selinux related stuff is in place our devices will be just be Ears of Uncle Sam. And people will realice we have to go another way. Simple the fun in this is that we are the real owners, and thatnwe can do what ever improvement we decide to implement. But if we are just going to have a pice of sh.... that can not be modified and even worst get updated and program by who knows! Why I want to pay for this.

This my last Samsung device purchase 1 year an a half ago, the P5210, And I have no plans to purchase another of this unsuported devices in many years to come.
10th January 2015, 08:26 AM |#76  
Flag Milan-Italy
Thanks Meter: 711

More
@gnegne
1. Try to use this version
2. Install disk info and look at the number of your sdcard (must be mmcblk1p1) (if it is different, you need to fix the archive of: IntelAndroid-FBRL/FB_RecoveryLauncher/recovery.zip/etc/recovery.fstab

@social-design-concepts
This job really worth a donation!
2P8105++++379361W
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bodivas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bodivas Ad-Free
10th January 2015, 05:29 PM |#77  
Thanks Meter: 1,335

Donate to Me
More
@r2d23cpo

I am not for sure the meaning of your post, I have two intel devices, have talk with many people, many support staff, have came to conclusion intel locks all their devices.
Vendors have to pay intel for unlocking key, most vendor's don't bother buying these unlock key ie firmware, cause they have their own signature key that will pass the bootloader checks.
Intel is free to release the firmware anytime they want, they simply refuse and wrongly point people to vendors hoping enough concern will strong arm vendors into paying intel to remove their locks which no one wanted in the first place.
None of these devices are the same, so no way to create one stop bootloader unlock. Intel has to release the firmware to unlock each model.
10th January 2015, 06:41 PM |#78  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cincinnati

Donate to Me
More
@r2d23cpo was actually responding to a request from me simply to examine and compare against . . . i wanted a fresh perspective from a device that doesn't use the Intel standard stage one bootloader that most devices use.

Quote:

I am not for sure the meaning of your post, I have two intel devices, have talk with many people, many support staff, have came to conclusion intel locks all their devices.

ODM's should have an engineering firmware to aid in development , Intel might locked their devices to prevent other stage one bootloaders from being used.

Quote:

Vendors have to pay intel for unlocking key, most vendor's don't bother buying these unlock key ie firmware, cause they have their own signature key that will pass the bootloader checks.

that makes little to know sense as if Intel locks the bootloader and requires a ODM to pay for it to be unlocked an ODM's private key would never pass the bootloader checks and if it is the case it would mean that if some one figured out or leaked this magic process that the ODM used to bypass intel's check we could do the same thing.

Maybe Intel issues Vendors Private keys for signing?

One thing though Intel does offer their own remote signing service to ODM's that is a paid service.

Quote:

Intel is free to release the firmware anytime they want, they simply refuse and wrongly point people to vendors hoping enough concern will strong arm vendors into paying intel to remove their locks which no one wanted in the first place.

This is the biggest issue its a he said she said situation Intel blames Vendor , Vendor blames Intel circle repeats.

Quote:

None of these devices are the same, so no way to create one stop bootloader unlock. Intel has to release the firmware to unlock each model.

It defiantly wouldn't be a one size fits all it would for sure be chip specific from what i can tell there is 8 versions of the Clovertrail Plus SOC but it doesn't mean impossible.

But back to why I want to review is because a few of the Samsung bins and images I have already seen have osip formated headers
10th January 2015, 09:12 PM |#79  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Teclast X98 Air 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodivas

@gnegne
1. Try to use this version
2. Install disk info and look at the number of your sdcard (must be mmcblk1p1) (if it is different, you need to fix the archive of: IntelAndroid-FBRL/FB_RecoveryLauncher/recovery.zip/etc/recovery.fstab

Thanks a lot. Works like a charm without any modification.

I made a CWM backup, flashed a manufacturer update and recovered data with CWM.

gnegne
The Following User Says Thank You to gnegne For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gnegne Ad-Free
10th January 2015, 09:24 PM |#80  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi,

I am just trying to root an Acer iconia B1-730HD I have the device recognised and using triggering T2 but i am having the issue of fastboot hanging and saying waiting for device as per the note from the OP.

only getting as far as point 4 as below,
4 : after selecting the trigger your device should reboot in to fastboot and begin to copy files to your device
note : if your device hangs at the waiting-for-device screen and you see droidboot CMD Waiting on your devices double check that the fastboot driver installed correctly.

What is it exactly that i need to do is it drivers in the zip file i downloaded or additional drivers needed, i am lol at myself as its got me stuck at a relatively easy point i have rooted numerous device in the past and cant believe i am stuck at this point. Anybody please help
or provide the drivers

thanks in advance qball
11th January 2015, 01:06 AM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 187

More
vampirefo

I am here to help if I can and to learn from you.
Sorry for my "paranoia", I am just mad that NSA/Google/Intel/Samsung and all others are screwing this stuff called Android that once was the best of the best. And as I said I see the end of android at the corner!.

Yes I am here to help social-design-concepts with what I think are dump partitions from my device. But he has not tell me yet which one?

Regards "locked bootloader".
Quote:

1-A locked bootloader is one that will only boot an OS that it "approves" of.
2-This may mean that device's boot partition has an approved digital signature,

and I can personal add
3- there are may be signature in system, boot and recovery too
4- then system check the bootloader, boot and recovery
5-bootloader checks boot and system and so on..

then if any do not see what it expect it fails to boot fully in to OS.

Then there are the partition check by block, and auto correction by OTA!!! This has not happen because Carriers are afraid of the end result but it is coming.
and Knox SELinux etc.

For me Lock is just the initial blockage to then deny you of the respective warranty!!, it used to be overcome with OEM Unlock!
About signatures, which one!

Now for Galaxy TAB3 10.1, I can assure that I can make changes to Boot, Recovery and System. We had no luck in a full CM10.1 or C10.2 running rom due to Private unreleased drivers sources(Thanks Intel). But we can install partially working CM roms and Ubuntu. All this without any signature complain or halt in OS.

By the way in this moment I am trying to run Ubuntu without any VNC by modifying the initramfs in the boot so that it boot from an Ubuntu image in external SDCARD. The I will try to do dual boot if I can. I am no expert I am just following tutorials left from many people on other devices.

As I said I am here to help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)