Intel Android Devices Root / Temp Recovery Session

Search This thread

social-design-concepts

Aug 30, 2012
Cincinnati
Thanks, I unpacked recovery.img, boot.img, fastboot.img and system.img.
Just curious what was in them.

You have 2GB system partition and 1.5GB partition cache, most likely you will get updated to 5.0.

sent from my kingSing T1 via taptalk

The Dell rep for a Dell roll out I'm working on says the whole Venue xx4x line will be getting the 5.x.x update sometime after February.

He's a sales rep note a technical rep I suspect why he gave me such a generic time frame.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: vampirefo

bbfox59

Feb 22, 2011
Hi,

I'm testing this on an Asus TF103C,
I'm on Linux so I don't utilize your batch file but I flash recovery.zip, recovery.launcher, the trigger then launch the OEM command.
Apparently, all is good but at the end I have a black screen, is it possible that the recovery need a file (like a screen driver)?
When in that state, I didn't have acces at adb so no logs of what is bad.

If you have any idea of what could be wrong,

Thanks for your work :)

achwas

Mar 11, 2008
Reinstorf
Thx bodivas, your version worked for me on 1380F after upgrading to latest firmware with non root! Great work! Projector and everything working fine.

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
Hi,

I'm testing this on an Asus TF103C,
I'm on Linux so I don't utilize your batch file but I flash recovery.zip, recovery.launcher, the trigger then launch the OEM command.
Apparently, all is good but at the end I have a black screen, is it possible that the recovery need a file (like a screen driver)?
When in that state, I didn't have acces at adb so no logs of what is bad.

If you have any idea of what could be wrong,

Thanks for your work :)

If you would have tried Linux version might have worked better for you.
http://xdaforums.com/dell-venue/general/linux-tethered-cwm-recovery-version-t2963104

social-design-concepts

Aug 30, 2012
Cincinnati
Last edited:

gnegne

Compatibility Teclast X98 Air 3G

Hi,

I successfully launched CWM using T3 option on Teclast X98 Air 3G

But when backing up to external storage there is an error message that the boot partition
cannot be mounted:

IMG_20150109_204135_errorlog.jpg

Logging during startup does not show any error:

IMG_20150109_204305_start.jpg

Any idea what is going wrong.

best,

gnegne

social-design-concepts

Aug 30, 2012
Cincinnati
Hi,

I successfully launched CWM using T3 option on Teclast X98 Air 3G

But when backing up to external storage there is an error message that the boot partition
cannot be mounted:

View attachment 3106833

Logging during startup does not show any error:

View attachment 3106832

Any idea what is going wrong.

best,

gnegne

It doesn't know how to handle it I assume. . .
I think I need to change the recovery.fstab generator to mark the file system type for boot as emmc if the file system type is marked as hidden so it won't attempt to mount it don't think it should prevent rooting though. cwm recovery doesn't attempt to mount recovery or fastboot automatically but does attempt to automatically mount boot on startup. . .

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

r2d23cpo

Jan 25, 2014
Hi to all.
I like this kind of proyect. I am no expert. But I like to learn from all of you.
I was aproach by PM but looking at this thread I guess I can share with you all. Here was the mesage:

you posted the pit table , it showed some interesting files that i would like to review to see if a method can be found to either unlock other intel devices or replace the bootloader on locked devices or at least get a different view of another intel android device.

im not sure if you or anyone would know how to or if it is even possible to dump the files / partitions i'm wanting to review but everyone seems to be going in the same circles over and over , so i'm hoping that some dumps from a device that uses a different bootloader might shed some additional lite.

I own a GT-P5210 Galaxy Tab3 Wifi. I been told that the boots are unlock! What ever this means!
I do notplay with boot partitions, onece because it is riski but because I am afraid of this Lock busness.
In fact, there are about 20 partitions on my device, there are many that I do not touch. So I had work with recovery, data, system and deleted the cashe. I have play with with boot to modified its kernel in atemps to overcome some issue with KitKat. But to be honest I quit and returned to 4.2.2.

Yes I posted my Pit, and yes It should be posible to dump most of the partitions. Clearly some will be empty, others may not be posible. Then It could be posible that some may be encrypyed or paked in some unknown protocol. I seen reports in some devices, mostly GSM, that the problem to play with it is to lose the device Identity (Like MAC or IMEI) resulting in lost of GSM or WIFI??

All this situation is created for Selinux, Knox etc. It is important to say that SELINUX is an invention of N S A. Yes Nat1onal Secur1ry Ag3ncy. You know what ther bussnes is about! They had developt an extencive antytampering mechanisim. What you whant to do will not be eassy and may not be posible. It will depend in how many of those mecanisims are in place.

In fact I have predicted the Death of Andorid in the Near Near future. Once all the Selinux related stuff is in place our devices will be just be Ears of Uncle Sam. And people will realice we have to go another way. Simple the fun in this is that we are the real owners, and thatnwe can do what ever improvement we decide to implement. But if we are just going to have a pice of sh.... that can not be modified and even worst get updated and program by who knows! Why I want to pay for this.

This my last Samsung device purchase 1 year an a half ago, the P5210, And I have no plans to purchase another of this unsuported devices in many years to come.

Last edited:

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
@r2d23cpo

I am not for sure the meaning of your post, I have two intel devices, have talk with many people, many support staff, have came to conclusion intel locks all their devices.
Vendors have to pay intel for unlocking key, most vendor's don't bother buying these unlock key ie firmware, cause they have their own signature key that will pass the bootloader checks.
Intel is free to release the firmware anytime they want, they simply refuse and wrongly point people to vendors hoping enough concern will strong arm vendors into paying intel to remove their locks which no one wanted in the first place.
None of these devices are the same, so no way to create one stop bootloader unlock. Intel has to release the firmware to unlock each model.

Last edited:

social-design-concepts

Aug 30, 2012
Cincinnati
@r2d23cpo was actually responding to a request from me simply to examine and compare against . . . i wanted a fresh perspective from a device that doesn't use the Intel standard stage one bootloader that most devices use.

vampirefo said:
I am not for sure the meaning of your post, I have two intel devices, have talk with many people, many support staff, have came to conclusion intel locks all their devices.

ODM's should have an engineering firmware to aid in development , Intel might locked their devices to prevent other stage one bootloaders from being used.

vampirefo said:
Vendors have to pay intel for unlocking key, most vendor's don't bother buying these unlock key ie firmware, cause they have their own signature key that will pass the bootloader checks.
that makes little to know sense as if Intel locks the bootloader and requires a ODM to pay for it to be unlocked an ODM's private key would never pass the bootloader checks and if it is the case it would mean that if some one figured out or leaked this magic process that the ODM used to bypass intel's check we could do the same thing.

Maybe Intel issues Vendors Private keys for signing?

One thing though Intel does offer their own remote signing service to ODM's that is a paid service.

vampirefo said:
Intel is free to release the firmware anytime they want, they simply refuse and wrongly point people to vendors hoping enough concern will strong arm vendors into paying intel to remove their locks which no one wanted in the first place.

This is the biggest issue its a he said she said situation Intel blames Vendor , Vendor blames Intel circle repeats.

vampirefo said:
None of these devices are the same, so no way to create one stop bootloader unlock. Intel has to release the firmware to unlock each model.
It defiantly wouldn't be a one size fits all it would for sure be chip specific from what i can tell there is 8 versions of the Clovertrail Plus SOC but it doesn't mean impossible.

But back to why I want to review is because a few of the Samsung bins and images I have already seen have osip formated headers

Last edited:

gnegne

Teclast X98 Air 3G

@gnegne
1. Try to use this version
2. Install disk info and look at the number of your sdcard (must be mmcblk1p1) (if it is different, you need to fix the archive of: IntelAndroid-FBRL/FB_RecoveryLauncher/recovery.zip/etc/recovery.fstab

Thanks a lot. Works like a charm without any modification.

I made a CWM backup, flashed a manufacturer update and recovered data with CWM.

gnegne

Reactions: bodivas

qball11

Apr 29, 2011
Hi,

I am just trying to root an Acer iconia B1-730HD I have the device recognised and using triggering T2 but i am having the issue of fastboot hanging and saying waiting for device as per the note from the OP.

only getting as far as point 4 as below,
4 : after selecting the trigger your device should reboot in to fastboot and begin to copy files to your device
note : if your device hangs at the waiting-for-device screen and you see droidboot CMD Waiting on your devices double check that the fastboot driver installed correctly.

What is it exactly that i need to do is it drivers in the zip file i downloaded or additional drivers needed, i am lol at myself as its got me stuck at a relatively easy point i have rooted numerous device in the past and cant believe i am stuck at this point. Anybody please help
or provide the drivers

thanks in advance qball

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Intel Android Devices Root / Temp Recovery Session

social-design-concepts said:
    Disclaimer:
    Before you proceed to the rooting instructions below, please read this disclaimer:
    XDA-DEVELOPERS.COM and I are not responsible for what you are doing to your device. You understand and agree that you are doing this at your own risk.

as for warranty the rule of thumb is if you root you should always consider your warranty voided : i will make no claim otherwise on the subject.
    i am just a simple hobbyist from Cinti. OH USA i have no intention to buy devices or users getting mad that they were under some impression this wouldn't void the warranty.

if you root you should always consider your warranty voided

Tethered Temporary CWM / TWRP Recovery Session :

Note : This is a Temporary CWM / TWRP Recovery Session for some Intel Devices with locked bootloaders.
    This recovery is not installed to the devices and has to be launched from a computer ( tethered ) each time you need to access the CWM / TWRP Recovery. . .

WARNING : This Temporary CWM / TWRP Recovery Session is for some Intel Devices with locked boot loaders.
    It is not intended for installing custom roms as if the devices has a locked bootloader the device will fail to boot the unsigned images

Intel Fastboot Tethered Temporary Recovery Session Launcher download :
    Current Version : IntelAndroid-FBRL-07-24-2015.7z

Generic Instructions for use better instructions coming later just wanted to get the thread up :

notes :
    make sure you have downloaded and installed the adb / fastboot drivers for your device . . .
    make sure you have enabled developer options / adb debugging under settings on your device . . .

make sure you have download the latest : UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.Xx.zip and place it on your internal or external_sd

1 : download and extract IntelAndroid-FBRL-07-24-2015.7z some where on your computer.
    2 : double click the launcher.bat file to start , type " ACCEPT " case sensitive without quotes to continue

check that the tool is reporting as either :
    DEVICE STATUS: ADB-ONLINE
    DEVICE STATUS: FASTBOOT-ONLINE

If " DEVICE STATUS: UNKNOWN " please check your cable connection and driver installation under Windows Device Manager
    If " DEVICE STATUS: UNAUTHORIZED " please check if your devices is displaying an authorization prompt be sure to check Always allow from this computer and then press ok

3 : select the trigger to launch the Temporary CWM Recovery Session support fastboot oem triggers are :

T1 oem startftm ( very few devices support this command , but its the original used so )
    devices supported : coming soon

T2 oem backup_factory ( limited devices support this command )

T3 oem stop_partitioning ( should work on alot of kitkat builds )

T4 oem stop_partitioning ( probably works on all devices that are supported (Jellybean , KitKat , Lollipop) )

4 : after selecting the trigger your device should reboot in to fastboot and begin to copy files to your device
    note : if your device hangs at the waiting-for-device screen and you see droidboot CMD Waiting on your devices double check that the fastboot driver installed correctly.
    note : if you see unknown oem command the trigger isn't supported by your device.

5 : The temporary cwm recovery session should be started at this point select install zip from the recovery menu using vol up / vol down to navigate and power to select
    6 : select install zip from sdcard / external_sd depending on where you placed the file and select the UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.Xx.zip you downloaded earlier
    7 : confirm the installation
    8 : after install completes reboot your device

note :
    some devices have limited space under /system and the supersu app wont install
    if you don't see the supersu app on your device attempt to install it from the playstore
    more than likely the su binary installed correctly but there want enough room on the device for the app.

This recovery uses the CWM Recovery @vampirefo built for the Dell Venue 8 3830 NoModem original thread : Dell Venue 8, CWM, unsecure boot/recovery

You know it's annoying to find this on so many other forums. with other people taking credit for it. sad face : (

APPRECIATE MY WORK, I DON'T DRINK, SO CLICK HERE DONATE NOW AND BUY ME COFFEE

XDA:DevDB Information
    Intel Android FBRL, Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
    social-design-concepts

Version Information

Created 2015-07-28
    Last Updated 2015-07-28
    Supported Devices List / Trigger

Supported Devices List / Trigger

Acer :
    B1-730 T2
    B1-730HD T2

A1-830

A1-840FHD T3
    A1-840 (HD) T3

Asus :
    ME170C T2 & T3
    ME176C T2 & T3

Dell :
    Venue 7 3730 / Venue 8 3830 All Triggers Should Work
    Venue 7 3740 / Venue 8 3840 T3
    Venue 7 3741 / T3

Venue 8 7840 T3

Iview :
    i700 T2 & T3

Kurio :
    Xtreme 7 Only had a chance to test trigger T3

Odys :
    intellitab 7

Nabi:
    Dreamtab model IN08A trigger T3 reported working

Prestigio :
    MultiPad Thunder 7.0i

Tesla :
    L7 Tablet T3

Tesco :
    Op3n Dott 8 T2 & T3

Toshibia :
    Excite 7 T3
    Links to devices specific threads / forums

Links to devices specific threads / forums

If you have created a devices specific thread / forum for your devices please PM the link so that i can post a link to it here to make it easier to help new users . . . . Please put Intel Device Specific Thread in the supject . Thank You .
    IntelAndroid-FBRL 05-16-2015 Public Trail Release

i'm not ready to post a full update so i guess you can call this a public trial , there's a few things i wanna fix not related to the 7840 really just a couple things i wanna add for a couple of other things.

IntelAndroid-FBRL-05-16-2015-PTR.7z

one tester reported that on the Dell Venue 7840 that it wouldn't mount the internal sdcard , it's probably an issue with needing a recovery designed for lollipop , but this will still allow you to root.
    The Concept / Source Code

The Concept / Source Code