FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Kernel] [Oreo 8.1] [LOS] ASAGAO Kernel for Nubia M2 [NX551J]

3,183 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,121

Post Reply Email Thread
Quote:

/*
* I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
* Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
* Same statement for XDA.
*/

Hi guys,

i've been using Nubia M2 as a testing handset and found it actually good enough as a device. So, it's pretty sad that there's almost no development for this device.
Fortunately @highwaystar_ru develop LOS 15.1 for it, and shared the kernel source here in XDA. With that available, i decide to build my personal kernel with some additions that i like.

i decide to share it here in case any other M2 users are interested.

Features & Additions
  • Adreno Idler
  • Powersuspend
  • Blu_active Governors
  • FIOPS & ZEN I/O Scheduler

Planned
  • Fsync Toggle - added on v2.0
  • Enable Westwood TCP - added on v2.1
  • Permissive Selinux

Download

ZIP

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1f8...yn5mKUik1M1jXx

How to install :

Download the ZIP & Flash from TWRP

Benchmark (if that's matter for you)

Thanks & Credit to :
@highwaystar_ru for LOS 15.1 & Kernel Source
@arter97 for Adreno Idler
@faux123 for Powersuspend
@eng.stk for Blu_active Governor
@franciscofranco for Fsync Toggle

Kernel Source
https://github.com/otonieru/ASAGAO-Nubia-M2-Kernel
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to otonieru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift otonieru Ad-Free

29th October 2018, 07:59 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Hello,

I'm using Ressurection Remix ROM for M2, based on LOS 15.1 Is it safe to flash this kernel on this ROM?

Also, it would be a good idea if you can give a little explanation of what of the implementations your doing improves the phone usage. There are a lot of newbies like me using this phone.

Anyway, thank you for your contribution.
30th October 2018, 06:27 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Djakarta

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by estuardo4

Hello,

I'm using Ressurection Remix ROM for M2, based on LOS 15.1 Is it safe to flash this kernel on this ROM?

Also, it would be a good idea if you can give a little explanation of what of the implementations your doing improves the phone usage. There are a lot of newbies like me using this phone.

Anyway, thank you for your contribution.

I never tried it with RR, since the RR Rom for this phone is not as stable as this LOS, so i choose the LOS as main base. But you can try it.

Adreno Idler and Powersuspend will help the phoneto save battery when its not used,

as for Blu_Active and Fsync, it should boost the responsiveness of the phone,

Fsync alone will increase your I/O performance quite far. Which will affect your daily UX (opening app, something like that)
30th October 2018, 07:15 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by otonieru

I never tried it with RR, since the RR Rom for this phone is not as stable as this LOS, so i choose the LOS as main base. But you can try it.

Adreno Idler and Powersuspend will help the phoneto save battery when its not used,

as for Blu_Active and Fsync, it should boost the responsiveness of the phone,

Fsync alone will increase your I/O performance quite far. Which will affect your daily UX (opening app, something like that)

It looks like a great addition for LOS 15, unfortunately, it didn't work on RR, it says on TWRP that ASAGAO is not for my ROM, and that the updater process ended with ERROR: 1

I'd appreciate if you can take a look at the script and the kernel from RR to see if there's a possibility to port it. I don't know how easy or hard that is.

Thank you.
30th October 2018, 07:34 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Djakarta

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by estuardo4

It looks like a great addition for LOS 15, unfortunately, it didn't work on RR, it says on TWRP that ASAGAO is not for my ROM, and that the updater process ended with ERROR: 1

I'd appreciate if you can take a look at the script and the kernel from RR to see if there's a possibility to port it. I don't know how easy or hard that is.

Thank you.

Ah, its because i create the flashing script to accomodate only model number used in LOS ROM,

Use this .IMG instead and flash from Fastboot.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gQ...4xbBDDe1xYObhl
30th October 2018, 07:27 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

Ah, its because i create the flashing script to accomodate only model number used in LOS ROM,

Use this .IMG instead and flash from Fastboot.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gQ...4xbBDDe1xYObhl

Thank you for the IMG file. Unfortunately I won't be able to test it using Fastboot, as I don't have my computer for the next couple of days. Can I flash it using TWRP?

Edit: I tried flashing the img file within TWRP and no luck. I ended up with a bootloop. Oh well
1st November 2018, 01:35 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Good afternoon! Are you planning to enable the dispersal in your core? For example, for Xiaomi MI A1, a new core with an overclocking 2.7 GHz CPU and 1000 MHz GPU. [youtube]Y-dMpnKz8m8[/youtube]
1st November 2018, 06:15 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Djakarta

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigeUA

Good afternoon! Are you planning to enable the dispersal in your core? For example, for Xiaomi MI A1, a new core with an overclocking 2.7 GHz CPU and 1000 MHz GPU. [youtube]Y-dMpnKz8m8[/youtube]

any kernel with similar implementation you can refer ?

although am not curently planning for an OC. But am open to the idea
2nd November 2018, 05:38 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

any kernel with similar implementation you can refer ?

although am not curently planning for an OC. But am open to the idea

make an overclocked version, please!
2nd November 2018, 05:52 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
hi, i have LOS 15.1 in my phone but when i atempt to flash this kernel appears that ASAGAO is not for my ROM.
any idea what hapened?
2nd November 2018, 07:18 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Djakarta

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliveira.

hi, i have LOS 15.1 in my phone but when i atempt to flash this kernel appears that ASAGAO is not for my ROM.
any idea what hapened?

my script only target this model/device name :

device.name1=NX551J
device.name2=Nubia M2
device.name3=lineage_nx551j

try to check your build.prop, what is your current model/device name ? if its different from one of the three model listed above, you can change it to match one of those,

are you using highwaystar version of LOS ?

btw, you also can flash the image file i post few posts back,

use flash image feature from TWRP (use latest 3.2.1.0) or from fastboot
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kernel, los, nubia, nubia m2, nx551j

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)