FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LG Aristo 2 ROOT (LM-X210[Build- X210MA10i])

196 posts
Thanks Meter: 95

Post Reply Email Thread
================================================== =============================
TUTORIAL REVISED AND WRITTEN BY @parcek
================================================== =============================

FURTHER UPDATED FOR ROOTING NOOBS: 10 Steps

Two Methods: Windows and Linux
Originally posted by @brad2192: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-root-t3746425
Credit to @tecknight for updated files: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...84&postcount=2

@brad2192: Updated Tutorial due to people using TWRP (the original tutorial was released before TWRP was released for this device)

1) Backup all apps and data using LG Backup phone apps

2) Enable USB debugging and Unlock OEM. There are two methods in which you will to accomplish this:

First Method: Smartphone GUI
A) On your Lg Aristo 2 Smartphone go into General Tab (If in Tab View), If in list view, scroll down towards System section
"System Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Click on "Build Number" 10 times.
Now go to "System Settings > About Phone > Developer Options > Enable OEM unlock."
and also "System Settings > About Phone > Developer Options > Enable USB debugging."

Second Method: Windows Command Prompt or Linux Terminal:

Windows:
B) Click and drag "adb" file into command prompt and type "reboot bootloader" after it. Press enter.
Click and drag "fastboot" file into command prompt and type "flashing unlock" after it. Press enter.

Linux:
C)Type in your terminal "adb reboot bootloader" and press enter.
Type in your terminal "fastboot flashing unlock."

NOTE: Below has the information which will teach you how to download ADB and FASTBOOT.

3) Download the following:
Updated - TWRP

Updated - Magisk
(Add this file into your phone's SD Card.)

Updated - boot image

Update: Windows:
B)This is how you download ADB and FASTBOOT for Windows: https://dl.google.com/android/reposi...st-windows.zip

4) Open Command Prompt. Then click and drag the adb file (from the latter download link a.k.a platform-tools) into command prompt then press space and type "reboot bootloader" after and then press enter OR power down phone and hold volume down while plugging in USB)
5) Open Command Prompt. Then click and drag the fastboot file (from the latter download link a.k.a platform-tools) into command prompt and then type "flash recovery" after it and then click and drag "newtwrp.img" into command prompt and press enter.)
6) Open Command Prompt. Then click and drag fastboot (from the latter download link a.k.a platform-tools) into command prompt and then type "flash boot" after it and then click and drag "bootimglistedabove.img" into the command prompt after and then press enter) then follow step 7).

Update: Linux:
C) Depending on kernel, for this sake we will use a debian based kernal.
This is how you download ADB and FASTBOOT for Linux: Open terminal and type: "Sudo apt-get install adb && sudo apt-get install fastboot"

4) Open terminal and type: adb reboot bootloader
5) Open terminal and type: fastboot flash recovery (and then click and drag newtwrp.img onto the terminal) and hit enter
6) Open terminal and type: fastboot flash boot (and then click and drag bootfilelistedabove.img onto the terminal) and hit enter

This applies towards both Windows and Linux: continuation after their last listed step written above.
Step 7) Remove battery from phone, in order to force a shut down.

8) Boot into Recovery-TWRP Mode.
How to boot into LG Aristo 2 TWRP Recovery:
a) The phone is off.
b) Hold the volume key and power key at the same time.
c) When the LG logo appears, let go of the power key (while still holding the volume down key) and then click and hold the power key once again.
d)You will be prompted to LG Aristo 2's stock recovery mode asking you if you are sure you would like to delete ur phone.
e) Go to the option "yes" and enter.
f) It will then warn you that can remove all data from your phone.
g) Go to the option "yes" and enter.
You will be in TWRP after this.

TWRP Mode:
9) In TWRP go to "Wipe > Format Data" and then type "yes" and confirm it. (Do not hit reboot, click back a few time and hit reboot > recovery)
10) In TWRP go to "Install > Select Storage" and select your SD Card. Then look for where you placed the "magisk" zip file. Install it.

Your phone is now rooted.
On TWRP menu: Reboot.
Restore your phone if you created an LG backup of your important files (like lets say contacts or applications).
-----------------------------------------------

If any mistakes were made and you phone becomes locked, here is how to go into download mode to repair your LG Aristo 2 into its default stock rom. Credit to @tecknight: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...00&postcount=4

1) Power off phone.

2) connect usb to Lg Aristo 2 phone (without connecting the usb into the PC or laptop)

3) Hold volume up key and then connect USB into computer

4) download LG Bridge

5) detect phone

6) click on "Update Error Recovery"

Your LG Aristo 2 will be repaired and factory resetted.
-------------------------------------------------------------
What root means: In terms of PC language, Root means the superuser that has privileges to Add, Modify, and or Delete any kind of system files without prevention. Pretty much, it's like the actual Administrator account on a PC. Natively, whenever we buy a phone, it is as if to say, we are only using a guest account. Since the android OS is basically a Linux based computer (correct me if i am wrong) we can do anything we like... You want iOS emoji's on an android? A custom boot animation? Having root privileges allows you to go beyond your guest user restrictions because you then become the Admin.

Explaining the function of the provided Magisk app: It allows root privileges for programs intended for rooted phones.
There are other popular programs alternative of Magisk app, such as the SuperSU app: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2dljob...0528234214.zip
--------------------------------
After being officially done setting up your rooted phone, make sure you disable OEM Unlock to avoid seeing the caution message before every boot.
--------------------------
How to backup your phone.
Also, using ADB, backup your phone.
Windows: Click and drag ADB file onto command prompt and paste " backup -apk -shared -all -f "C:\Users\UserName\Desktop\backupfilename.ab" "
Linux: Open terminal and type " adb backup -apk -shared -all -f "C:\Users\UserName\Desktop\backupfilename.ab" "

Update: For those who are encountering "Now unlock your phone and confirm operation" when typing the latter code, there is an alternative and much more easier and safer way to backup your phone.
Boot into TWRP and click on "backup" and then select what you would like to back up and then swipe to confirm the operation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Confirmed Successful rooting for LG Aristo 2 - June 2018
Thank You Brad and Tec!
Salam Aleykom.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to brad2192 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brad2192 Ad-Free

8th February 2018, 07:17 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
You are a lifesaver my friend
The Following User Says Thank You to Senorhamburgler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Senorhamburgler Ad-Free
8th February 2018, 10:53 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senorhamburgler

You are a lifesaver my friend

Brad I have a question, is there any way to get a custom ROM on this phone? If not how come? How does it all work?

And are you with Metro PCS as well? What apps can a safely delete to get this phone as close to a stock version of android as I can? Can I seriously just wipe out EVERY metro app? Hows your phone functioning?
The Following User Says Thank You to tribal1209 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tribal1209 Ad-Free
9th February 2018, 02:19 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribal1209

Brad I have a question, is there any way to get a custom ROM on this phone? If not how come? How does it all work?

And are you with Metro PCS as well? What apps can a safely delete to get this phone as close to a stock version of android as I can? Can I seriously just wipe out EVERY metro app? Hows your phone functioning?

Until there is a custom recovery built, we won't have custom roms. Dont wipe out every metro app. Anything you arent sure about, look up, or just freeze the app and test results. My phone is fine except SuperSU wont work properly due to the binary being occupied, but this is the best we have so far. I debloated no problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to Senorhamburgler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Senorhamburgler Ad-Free
9th February 2018, 04:26 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pawtucket

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribal1209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senorhamburgler

Until there is a custom recovery built, we won't have custom roms. Dont wipe out every metro app. Anything you arent sure about, look up, or just freeze the app and test results. My phone is fine except SuperSU wont work properly due to the binary being occupied, but this is the best we have so far. I debloated no problem.

Root is the only thing needed, not a custom recovery. Apps like Magisk Manager can flash custom images. The reason there is no ROMs built for this device, I can tell you in my opinion there is no need for a Custom ROM. Magisk Manager has plenty of customizations available as well as many other root apps. Basically, custom recoveries are obsolete, it is not needed for gaining root access nor flashing files. Magisk can do it as well as Flashfire.
11th February 2018, 02:14 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I need help.... Abd is not functioning it states "the term abd is not recognised as the nane of a cmdlet, function, scrip file of operable program."
Does not exist in current location.... Windows PowerShell does not load conmands by default...
11th February 2018, 10:02 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pawtucket

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaSaotome

I need help.... Abd is not functioning it states "the term abd is not recognised as the nane of a cmdlet, function, scrip file of operable program."
Does not exist in current location.... Windows PowerShell does not load conmands by default...

Hey man, I would press the Windows Key+R and type" "cmd"
Then, as long as your adb is located at C:\adb type: "cd C:\adb"
Then use adb, I hate how Windows 10 forces it on users!
12th February 2018, 12:15 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hey, I am so sorry to bother you but when I enter in the fourth step of your tutorial, it tells me "flash boot" command doesn't exist. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4btn

Hey, I am so sorry to bother you but when I enter in the fourth step of your tutorial, it tells me "flash boot" command doesn't exist. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Okay, after messing around with it a few, I found that once it goes off into fastboot... my computer can't recognize it anymore?
The Following User Says Thank You to 4btn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 4btn Ad-Free
12th February 2018, 12:48 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2192

Hey guys, spent a few hours figuring out how to root. Pretty Simple!

1) Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging & OEM Unlock

2) Reboot to Fastboot Mode (Using ADB via PC type: adb reboot bootloader)

3) Add root_boot.img into your adb folder

4) In ADB type: fastboot flash boot root_boot.img

5) After flash successful, type: fastboot reboot

6) Install Magisk Manager App

For those skeptical, proof of root here.

X-210 Stock .KDZ Backup HERE (Should not be needed.)

Do I need to unlock the bootloader first? I have it rebooted into fastboot and it's giving me instructions to do that, but won't let me push the boot image. If I do need to unlock it, does it wipe my device?
13th February 2018, 02:51 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pawtucket

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tge101

Do I need to unlock the bootloader first? I have it rebooted into fastboot and it's giving me instructions to do that, but won't let me push the boot image. If I do need to unlock it, does it wipe my device?

Yes, that is what OEM unlock means. In doing so you do need to unlock the bootloader.
13th February 2018, 10:05 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2192

Yes, that is what OEM unlock means. In doing so you do need to unlock the bootloader.

Just wanted to make sure but does it wipe it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aristo, aristo 2, lg-aristo-2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)