FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LG Aristo 2 ROOT (LM-X210[Build- X210MA10i])

196 posts
Thanks Meter: 95

Post Reply Email Thread
17th February 2018, 02:16 PM |#21  
Flag Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 302

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewokmojo

Do you have to de-encrypt the phone for root? I am thinking of getting an Aristo2, currently using the MotoE4 (which I hate!), and rooting that requires de-encryption (I love encryption!). This is the MetroPCS version your talking about? Thank you...

Yes you have to decrypt the phone for root. I also had the E4 it wasn't a bad phone but I still love LG

19th February 2018, 06:11 AM |#22  
DayGo
Thanks Meter: 41

Donate to Me
More
Ok. I am stuck. I cleared cash and dalvik and for some reason i no longer have a data connection. My phone works. But no data. Anyone have stock boot or modem i could use? Also, which flash app of the many will handle this phone and kdz? I cant seem to get any to work. Please advise on:
Which tool to flash the kdz with. On win 10 the lg tool 2014 and the 1.13 and 1.18 lgup didnt recognize the device. It was unlocked and adb was on. I also checked the APN and they were pulling the correct apns but when selected.....dead...
19th February 2018, 10:35 PM |#23  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 36

Donate to Me
More
LM-X210MA ???
Quick questions:
Is this root method for All Lg Aristo 2 variants ? It says LM-X210[G] on OP header. I have the Metro PCS LM-X210MA and wonder if this root method would work.

20th February 2018, 06:51 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHavicx

Quick questions:
Is this root method for All Lg Aristo 2 variants ? It says LM-X210[G] on OP header. I have the Metro PCS LM-X210MA and wonder if this root method would work.

Yea, I have that version too and it works.
22nd February 2018, 07:32 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2192

Root is the only thing needed, not a custom recovery. Apps like Magisk Manager can flash custom images. The reason there is no ROMs built for this device, I can tell you in my opinion there is no need for a Custom ROM. Magisk Manager has plenty of customizations available as well as many other root apps. Basically, custom recoveries are obsolete, it is not needed for gaining root access nor flashing files. Magisk can do it as well as Flashfire.

I completely disagree with your opinion. While addon frameworks give you a fair amount of customization, systemless root is not the best option for any device overall. Has helped me a lot with this phone but i look forward to future developments
23rd February 2018, 03:44 AM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pawtucket

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senorhamburgler

I completely disagree with your opinion. While addon frameworks give you a fair amount of customization, systemless root is not the best option for any device overall. Has helped me a lot with this phone but i look forward to future developments

I understand. But, systemless root is the most compatible and the least detectable (for apps like Snapchat to function). I'd like to understand more of what you mean because maybe I am ill-informed, what would be the benefits? I can admit I do not know everything about android
23rd February 2018, 04:38 PM |#27  
Flag Dallas

Donate to Me
More
Hello guys/gals I'm having issues here on rooting my phone, here is what i've done,

1) On Phone : Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging & OEM Unlock" Done
2)In ADB : Reboot to Fastboot Mode : type : " .\ adb reboot bootloader" Done
3) In ADB type: ".\adb fastboot flash boot root_boot.img" This is where phone no longer is found.
4) After flash successful, type: ".\adb fastboot reboot" Can't complete have to pull batt. to exit fast boot.

After a few failed attempt's i went back and re-read the entire post and found,

Quote:

Yes, when you use "fastboot oem unlock" .

So do i need to do?,
1) Phone: Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging & OEM Unlock
2) In ADB : type: ".\adb fastboot oem unlock"
3)In ADB : Reboot to Fastboot Mode : type : " .\ adb reboot bootloader"
4) In ADB type: ".\adb fastboot flash boot root_boot.img"
5) After flash successful, type: ".\adb fastboot reboot"

BTW I'm on windows 10 using Powershell to run ADB hence the .\adb

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, I'm not used to using ADB to root a device. I've been gone for a while and we used to use Odin to flash everything
The Following User Says Thank You to AzHavicx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AzHavicx Ad-Free
23rd February 2018, 09:38 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pawtucket

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hello guys/gals I'm having issues here on rooting my phone, here is what i've done,

1) On Phone : Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging & OEM Unlock" Done
2)In ADB : Reboot to Fastboot Mode : type : " .\ adb reboot bootloader" Done
3) In ADB type: ".\adb fastboot flash boot root_boot.img" This is where phone no longer is found.
4) After flash successful, type: ".\adb fastboot reboot" Can't complete have to pull batt. to exit fast boot.

After a few failed attempt's i went back and re-read the entire post and found,

So do i need to do?,
1) Phone: Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging & OEM Unlock
2) In ADB : type: ".\adb fastboot oem unlock"
3)In ADB : Reboot to Fastboot Mode : type : " .\ adb reboot bootloader"
4) In ADB type: ".\adb fastboot flash boot root_boot.img"
5) After flash successful, type: ".\adb fastboot reboot"

BTW I'm on windows 10 using Powershell to run ADB hence the .\adb

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, I'm not used to using ADB to root a device. I've been gone for a while and we used to use Odin to flash everything

You must use cmd instead of powershell, also you must have the LG Mobile driver installed and debugging mode enabled
24th February 2018, 12:45 AM |#29  
Flag Dallas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You must use cmd instead of powershell, also you must have the LG Mobile driver installed and debugging mode enabled

Why do i have to use CMD? Why can i not use powershell ? Dont they pretty-much do the same thing to ADB?
And if CMD is required how do i give it control over my ADB ?
I Have LG Universal Mobile Drivers plus LG Bridge for Windows installed. I also have usb debugging turned enabled on phone.

Edit: Tried using CMD. Typed in: adb fastboot oem unlock, CMD/phone did nothing, entered Fastboot mode, tried adb fastboot oem unlock, again didnt work, tried adb fastboot flash boot root_boot.img nothing happened, tried adb fastboot reboot nothing happened. typed in adb devices, nothing displayed. Pulled batt., rebooted phone, re-opened CMD typed in adb devices
and phone was displayed. Wht am i doing wrong and why will my phone not connect to pc once in fastboot ? I have followed OP instruction word for word so where am i messing up?
I'm just going to give up until someone makes a one click root. lol lol.

24th February 2018, 03:30 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pawtucket

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Why do i have to use CMD? Why can i not use powershell ? Dont they pretty-much do the same thing to ADB?
And if CMD is required how do i give it control over my ADB ?
I Have LG Universal Mobile Drivers plus LG Bridge for Windows installed. I also have usb debugging turned enabled on phone.

Edit: Tried using CMD. Typed in: adb fastboot oem unlock, CMD/phone did nothing, entered Fastboot mode, tried adb fastboot oem unlock, again didnt work, tried adb fastboot flash boot root_boot.img nothing happened, tried adb fastboot reboot nothing happened. typed in adb devices, nothing displayed. Pulled batt., rebooted phone, re-opened CMD typed in adb devices
and phone was displayed. Wht am i doing wrong and why will my phone not connect to pc once in fastboot ? I have followed OP instruction word for word so where am i messing up?
I'm just going to give up until someone makes a one click root. lol lol.

Sorry brother was at work. Try and download adb and fastboot and make a folder on C:\adb. Then open cmd type "cd C:\adb" without quotations then give it a shot
24th February 2018, 05:47 AM |#31  
Flag Dallas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sorry brother was at work. Try and download adb and fastboot and make a folder on C:\adb. Then open cmd type "cd C:\adb" without quotations then give it a shot

No worries brother.
ok i tried again. I have adb and fastboot and root_boot in a folder marked ADB on (C:)
I press the windows key & R. CMD pops up. I type in cd c:\adb and cmd changes to c:\adb> (like it should)
I test conection by typing in adb devices, CMD showes my phone SS#.
I type in adb fastboot oem unlock like posted in post #12 and i get
c:\adb>adb fastboot oem unlock
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.3
Revision eac51f2bb6a8-android w/a long list of device commands on CMD.
The above didnt work so i enter Fastboot mode to try OEM unlock and also push the Root_Boot over (got nothing), and yet again i can no longer detect phone, cmd command to reboot (adb fastboot reboot) does not work i have to pull the battery to cycle power before CMD can reconnect.
Any Ideas guys ?
[/I]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aristo, aristo 2, lg-aristo-2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)