Root is the only thing needed, not a custom recovery. Apps like Magisk Manager can flash custom images. The reason there is no ROMs built for this device, I can tell you in my opinion there is no need for a Custom ROM. Magisk Manager has plenty of customizations available as well as many other root apps. Basically, custom recoveries are obsolete, it is not needed for gaining root access nor flashing files. Magisk can do it as well as Flashfire.
Hello guys/gals I'm having issues here on rooting my phone, here is what i've done,
1) On Phone : Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging & OEM Unlock" Done
2)In ADB : Reboot to Fastboot Mode : type : " .\ adb reboot bootloader" Done
3) In ADB type: ".\adb fastboot flash boot root_boot.img" This is where phone no longer is found.
4) After flash successful, type: ".\adb fastboot reboot" Can't complete have to pull batt. to exit fast boot.
After a few failed attempt's i went back and re-read the entire post and found,
So do i need to do?,
1) Phone: Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging & OEM Unlock
2) In ADB : type: ".\adb fastboot oem unlock"
3)In ADB : Reboot to Fastboot Mode : type : " .\ adb reboot bootloader"
4) In ADB type: ".\adb fastboot flash boot root_boot.img"
5) After flash successful, type: ".\adb fastboot reboot"
BTW I'm on windows 10 using Powershell to run ADB hence the .\adb
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, I'm not used to using ADB to root a device. I've been gone for a while and we used to use Odin to flash everything
Why do i have to use CMD? Why can i not use powershell ? Dont they pretty-much do the same thing to ADB?
And if CMD is required how do i give it control over my ADB ?
I Have LG Universal Mobile Drivers plus LG Bridge for Windows installed. I also have usb debugging turned enabled on phone.
Edit: Tried using CMD. Typed in: adb fastboot oem unlock, CMD/phone did nothing, entered Fastboot mode, tried adb fastboot oem unlock, again didnt work, tried adb fastboot flash boot root_boot.img nothing happened, tried adb fastboot reboot nothing happened. typed in adb devices, nothing displayed. Pulled batt., rebooted phone, re-opened CMD typed in adb devices
and phone was displayed. Wht am i doing wrong and why will my phone not connect to pc once in fastboot ? I have followed OP instruction word for word so where am i messing up?
I'm just going to give up until someone makes a one click root. lol lol.
|aristo, aristo 2, lg-aristo-2|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|