I wanted to let everyone know that I am currently working on 2 new rooted Oreo ROMs.
Both are based on the latest available LG firmware for the given phone.
#1 is a new ROM for the Aristo 2 (Metro by T-Mobile), based on firmware 20g.
#2 is a new ROM for the K8 plus (US Cellular), based on firmware 20c.
These ROMs both feature:
The Aristo 3 premiered with an Oreo image.
Which means there is about a 90-95% chance that the Aristo 3 is not rootable.
LG changed fastboot functionality starting with Oreo--fastboot no longer will write images to any partitions, even if flashing unlock is enabled. This is the reason Aristo 2 users need to downgrade their phone to Nougat, in order to root it.
If you are able to test your Aristo 3 and find that it is rootable, I will release a ROM for it.
If you want to test it, follow these instructions through step 11: (Note: this test will cause a factory reset on your phone)
Next, Download TWRP to your PC:
Place the TWRP4cv1WithOreoKernel.img file into the folder containing your adb and fastboot binaries.
12. Now flash TWRP. Type:
fastboot flash recovery TWRP4cv1WithOreoKernel.img
then press ENTER
Once you have flashed the TWRP image.
Remove the battery and try booting to recovery using phone keys:
1. Re-insert battery.
2. Hold Vol - and keep holding it down.
3. Press the power button until you see the LG logo, then release button briefly and repress power button.
4. You will see a factory data reset dialog. Select Yes and press the power button to continue
5. You will see another similar dialog. Select Yes and press the power key to continue.
6. If fastboot was able to write an image to the recovery partition earlier, you will see the Team Win TWRP screen, if you see TWRP, then your phone is rootable. post the results back here. If you do not see TWRP, then your phone is not rootable. Post the results here please.
send it, I'm in a bootloop right now and about to try and flash origional firmware....no that's 10l I'm flashing the newest oreo
---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------
hey I bootlooped and am about to flash *20g instead of 10l. Is this a bad idea?
|aristo, aristo 2, lg-aristo-2|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|