FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LG Aristo 2 ROOT (LM-X210[Build- X210MA10i])

196 posts
Thanks Meter: 95

Post Reply Email Thread
14th June 2019, 08:27 AM |#291  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Any plans on Aristo 3?

16th June 2019, 02:05 AM |#292  
Flag dallas
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by firekiddie

I might be able to help, I'll PM.

Im having this same issue
17th June 2019, 12:24 PM |#293  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 690

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cletus

Any plans on Aristo 3?

John,
The Aristo 3 premiered with an Oreo image.
Which means there is about a 90-95% chance that the Aristo 3 is not rootable.
LG changed fastboot functionality starting with Oreo--fastboot no longer will write images to any partitions, even if flashing unlock is enabled. This is the reason Aristo 2 users need to downgrade their phone to Nougat, in order to root it.
If you are able to test your Aristo 3 and find that it is rootable, I will release a ROM for it.
If you want to test it, follow these instructions through step 11: (Note: this test will cause a factory reset on your phone)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...84&postcount=2

Next, Download TWRP to your PC:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...63190603893649

Place the TWRP4cv1WithOreoKernel.img file into the folder containing your adb and fastboot binaries.

12. Now flash TWRP. Type:

fastboot flash recovery TWRP4cv1WithOreoKernel.img
then press ENTER

Once you have flashed the TWRP image.
Remove the battery and try booting to recovery using phone keys:
1. Re-insert battery.
2. Hold Vol - and keep holding it down.
3. Press the power button until you see the LG logo, then release button briefly and repress power button.
4. You will see a factory data reset dialog. Select Yes and press the power button to continue
5. You will see another similar dialog. Select Yes and press the power key to continue.
6. If fastboot was able to write an image to the recovery partition earlier, you will see the Team Win TWRP screen, if you see TWRP, then your phone is rootable. post the results back here. If you do not see TWRP, then your phone is not rootable. Post the results here please.
19th June 2019, 06:28 AM |#294  

More
I followed "Install a pre-rooted ROM to your LG Aristo 2 / 2 + / Best root method" (https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=78218056) to install "A2p_Lightning_ROM_v20e_beta2" on my Aristo 2 Plus. All works fine, except the following.

1) It's based on 20e instead of 20g (https://lg-firmwares.com/lg-lmx212ta...#tab=firmwares).

2) It's de-bloated. Well, that's usually a good thing, but I kinda miss some of the pre-installed apps, such as LG Backup.

3) Pull down the notifications -> Press and hold "Comfort view" -> Turn on "Use Comfort view" -> Turn on "Black & white". Notice that "Comfort view" itself works, but "Black & white" doesn't. I suspect it might have something to do with 2).

What does it take to create a ROM based on 20g but leave it as close to stock as possible? Let me know if there is something I can do to help.
19th June 2019, 06:33 PM |#295  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1

More
right here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecknight

I wanted to let everyone know that I am currently working on 2 new rooted Oreo ROMs.
Both are based on the latest available LG firmware for the given phone.

#1 is a new ROM for the Aristo 2 (Metro by T-Mobile), based on firmware 20g.
#2 is a new ROM for the K8 plus (US Cellular), based on firmware 20c.

These ROMs both feature:

• Installation of the latest available TWRP, paired with LG's latest kernel to insure compatibility.
  • Pre-rooting of the boot image using the latest available Magisk.
  • Additional mods to the boot image to facillitate removal of LG's Root Checking Tool.
  • Pre-installation removal of existing encrypted partitions and associated encryption keys.
  • Removal of the possibility of encryption being forced on any user partitions via modification of multiple fstab files.
  • Removal of LG's performance degrading Root Checking Tool and it's defined service.
  • New modifications to the system image that are now required to successfully boot the altered system.
  • Removal of unneeded vendor software that can be removed without issues, freeing up additional storage.
  • Installation of useful root related utilities that add additional functionality to your phone.
  • Preservation of existing user installed apps.
  • Automatic alteration of system settings necessary for seamless functionality of the ROM when possible.
  • Mods to the vendor image that reliably prevent android system updates from being forced to the phone. This is very necessary, as all LG system updates are now very destructive, resulting in bricking of the phone.
I am looking for anyone willing to test these new images.
Just reply to this post and I will PM you.
Thanks.

send it, I'm in a bootloop right now and about to try and flash origional firmware....no that's 10l I'm flashing the newest oreo

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecknight

John,
The Aristo 3 premiered with an Oreo image.
Which means there is about a 90-95% chance that the Aristo 3 is not rootable.
LG changed fastboot functionality starting with Oreo--fastboot no longer will write images to any partitions, even if flashing unlock is enabled. This is the reason Aristo 2 users need to downgrade their phone to Nougat, in order to root it.
If you are able to test your Aristo 3 and find that it is rootable, I will release a ROM for it.
If you want to test it, follow these instructions through step 11: (Note: this test will cause a factory reset on your phone)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...84&postcount=2

Next, Download TWRP to your PC:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...63190603893649

Place the TWRP4cv1WithOreoKernel.img file into the folder containing your adb and fastboot binaries.

12. Now flash TWRP. Type:

fastboot flash recovery TWRP4cv1WithOreoKernel.img
then press ENTER

Once you have flashed the TWRP image.
Remove the battery and try booting to recovery using phone keys:
1. Re-insert battery.
2. Hold Vol - and keep holding it down.
3. Press the power button until you see the LG logo, then release button briefly and repress power button.
4. You will see a factory data reset dialog. Select Yes and press the power button to continue
5. You will see another similar dialog. Select Yes and press the power key to continue.
6. If fastboot was able to write an image to the recovery partition earlier, you will see the Team Win TWRP screen, if you see TWRP, then your phone is rootable. post the results back here. If you do not see TWRP, then your phone is not rootable. Post the results here please.

hey I bootlooped and am about to flash *20g instead of 10l. Is this a bad idea?
19th June 2019, 07:34 PM |#296  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Las Vegas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthedead

send it, I'm in a bootloop right now and about to try and flash origional firmware....no that's 10l I'm flashing the newest oreo

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

hey I bootlooped and am about to flash *20g instead of 10l. Is this a bad idea?

It depends on which phone you have. You are quoting a post I made for Aristo 3 owners.
If you have an Aristo 3, use one of these images to flash to your phone:
https://lg-firmwares.com/lg-lmx220ma...#tab=firmwares
26th June 2019, 04:39 AM |#297  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Aristo 2 frp
My aristo 2 is for locked i cant find a solution please help.
8th July 2019, 09:24 PM |#298  

More
Hey I need to restore my system and files on my aristo 2(lm-x210ma(g)). I think someone sent me a AI bkuz it's messing up my phone
11th July 2019, 12:20 AM |#299  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Las Vegas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele 19

Hey I need to restore my system and files on my aristo 2(lm-x210ma(g)). I think someone sent me a AI bkuz it's messing up my phone

To restore your firmware, follow these instructions:
Restore your LG phone to the latest factory firmware using LG Bridge
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aristo, aristo 2, lg-aristo-2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)