FORUMS

LG Zone 2 bootloader unlock

49 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By TheExploitedOne, Member on 11th February 2020, 11:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
UPDATE: link removed. Moving away from XDA

The above link I have provided is only for the LG Zone 2 and allows for fastboot mode to be enabled and subsequently unlock the bootloader. I had posted this method under the Clockworkmod recovery thread and made an official thread here for users to find it a bit more easily.

After you are in fastboot run fastboot oem unlock, then fastboot erase laf so when you hold vol+ and plug in the USB cable you'll have a way back to fastboot after flashing back the stock boot.img file. Please note that the bootloader still forces a signature check on all boot realated partitions including the factory partition (its another kernel and ramdisk) but other partitions can be modified at your own risk after the unlock. If you wish to flash a custom boot.img file please use the appropriate tool to sign the boot file as the method I used causes an invalid header check in the bootloader and falls back into fastboot mode.

Thank you to a tool used in linux we have now freed the LG Zone 2 and also enabled fastboot

NOTE: use the LG Optimus Fuels (lgl34c) TWRP recovery instead of CWM as this provides you a way to custom recovery though the factory reset menu. Their both the exact same phone but sold as different named devices and one is Verizon as one is Tracphone. I've personally tested this many times without any problems

NOTE: after unlocking the bootloader it's a good idea to boot to twrp and format /data as the unlock doesn't already do this

If you have questions please post here and not via PM please!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200205_225449.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	251.2 KB
ID:	4948401   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200206_003708.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	252.1 KB
ID:	4948403   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200206_003727.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	246.3 KB
ID:	4948405  
12th February 2020, 01:00 AM |#2  
OP Member

More
Reserved
13th February 2020, 10:41 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
A side note: fastboot boot <image name> does not boot nothing it will just show the kernel command line stuff in text and do nothing more
17th February 2020, 05:53 AM |#4  
OP Member

More
Looks like the Zone 2 has a flash programmer (MSM8610) prog_emmc_firehose_8x10.mbn (also for other chipsets of this kind) that will be able to be sent to the device. I will tune back in this weekend with results and if success a new EDL restore thread for the Zone 2 will be made

UPDATE: just found several videos of other devices with the same chipset using the exact same programmer so I believe we will have a way to restore from 9008 mode. Please again wait for my post back by this weekend
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg-zone-2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)