Post Reply Email Thread
8th January 2017, 07:44 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 988

Donate to Me
More
Released new version: microG unofficial installer 1.0.5 beta
Released first version: Google Sync Add-on
The Following User Says Thank You to ale5000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ale5000 Ad-Free

13th January 2017, 07:54 AM |#22  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 7,636

More
Tested with Lineage OS on my Nexus 5.
It's easy and fast. Thanks for saving us time!

Now I only miss a Tingle.apk or a way to survive dirty flash
The Following User Says Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Primokorn Ad-Free
16th January 2017, 08:28 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1,902

More
With this installation method on crDroid 7.1.1, I am unable to pass SafetyNet. Newest 1.0.5 beta

Edit: are there any steps required to ensure the Google Play Store doesn't auto update itself after flashing this installer?
The Following User Says Thank You to coldhans For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coldhans Ad-Free
18th January 2017, 11:13 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Updated: microG unofficial installer 1.0.6 beta

@Primokorn: I will add a survival script to the microG unofficial installer.
It isn't yet ready but it would be nice if someone offers for testing and reporting back for when it is ready.

@animeme:
1) SafetyNet include the base test + CTS profile match.
The first usually pass, the second is more complicate.
There are some things to check:
- Does the ROM hide the unlocked bootloader?
- Have you removed the su binary?
- Is the ROM signed?

2) To disable auto-update of Play Store, run from the pc connect to the phone:
Code:
adb shell pm disable com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.autoupdate.ReschedulerUsingJobScheduler\$CheckPreconditionsAndAutoUpdateJobService
adb shell pm disable com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.autoupdate.ReschedulerUsingAlarmManager\$CheckWifiAndAutoUpdate
adb shell pm disable com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.autoupdate.ReschedulerUsingBroadcast\$AutoUpdateRecheckForBroadcast
IMPORTANT: I haven't tested properly the code to disable auto-update so I cannot grant it work perfectly.
The Following User Says Thank You to ale5000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ale5000 Ad-Free
19th January 2017, 02:22 AM |#25  

More
@ale5000 I'll edit this later with more info, but yeah, system su is definitely gone, and Magisk Hide should handle hiding bootloader state. As far as being signed, I couldn't say. It's the last official CM13 nightly for my device.
19th January 2017, 10:22 AM |#26  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 7,636

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ale5000

@Primokorn: I will add a survival script to the microG unofficial installer.
It isn't yet ready but it would be nice if someone offers for testing and reporting back for when it is ready.

Actually I was talking about Tingle and I guess it can't be done.
No problem to give a try to the survival script as soon as it's ready (and as soon as I have a working device without Google apps).
19th January 2017, 04:42 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn

Actually I was talking about Tingle and I guess it can't be done.
No problem to give a try to the survival script as soon as it's ready (and as soon as I have a working device without Google apps).

For Tingle it is more complicate because it needs a lot of time for patching inside the phone, but I will try to optimize it in the future.
19th January 2017, 07:08 PM |#28  

More
The play store crashed a bunch of times for me, so I plan to replace it with BlankStore. I'm not sure if the real client is actually worth keeping if it requires a lot of workarounds/maintenance to keep it functional.
19th January 2017, 07:16 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
@animeme: The bundled version works (after blocking auto-update) and even allow buying apps.
BlankStore isn't developed anymore (except maintenance fixes), so until there is a good alternative there isn't any real choice.
19th January 2017, 07:35 PM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ale5000

@animeme: The bundled version works (after blocking auto-update) and even allow buying apps.
BlankStore isn't developed anymore (except maintenance fixes), so until there is a good alternative there isn't any real choice.

Did you experience similar issues before blocking auto update? I was able to download one app, and whenever I searched for another after that, it force closes.
19th January 2017, 08:03 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
@animeme: No, but I suggest to block auto-update, uninstall the update that probably got already installed and clean data of Play Store.
It should fix the issues.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
flashable, gapps remover, installer, microg

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)