[MOD][FLASHABLE] microG unofficial installer

Search This thread

joelh

Aug 13, 2016
With this installation method on crDroid 7.1.1, I am unable to pass SafetyNet. Newest 1.0.5 beta

Edit: are there any steps required to ensure the Google Play Store doesn't auto update itself after flashing this installer?

Last edited:
Reactions: mauam

ale5000

Dec 24, 2013
i9100
Updated: microG unofficial installer 1.0.6 beta

@Primokorn: I will add a survival script to the microG unofficial installer.
It isn't yet ready but it would be nice if someone offers for testing and reporting back for when it is ready.

@animeme:
1) SafetyNet include the base test + CTS profile match.
The first usually pass, the second is more complicate.
There are some things to check:
- Does the ROM hide the unlocked bootloader?
- Have you removed the su binary?
- Is the ROM signed?

2) To disable auto-update of Play Store, run from the pc connect to the phone:
Code:
adb shell pm disable com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.autoupdate.ReschedulerUsingJobScheduler\$CheckPreconditionsAndAutoUpdateJobService
adb shell pm disable com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.autoupdate.ReschedulerUsingAlarmManager\$CheckWifiAndAutoUpdate
adb shell pm disable com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.autoupdate.ReschedulerUsingBroadcast\$AutoUpdateRecheckForBroadcast
IMPORTANT: I haven't tested properly the code to disable auto-update so I cannot grant it work perfectly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Primokorn

joelh

Aug 13, 2016
@ale5000 I'll edit this later with more info, but yeah, system su is definitely gone, and Magisk Hide should handle hiding bootloader state. As far as being signed, I couldn't say. It's the last official CM13 nightly for my device.

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
@Primokorn: I will add a survival script to the microG unofficial installer.
It isn't yet ready but it would be nice if someone offers for testing and reporting back for when it is ready.
Actually I was talking about Tingle and I guess it can't be done.
No problem to give a try to the survival script as soon as it's ready (and as soon as I have a working device without Google apps).

ale5000

Dec 24, 2013
i9100
Actually I was talking about Tingle and I guess it can't be done.
No problem to give a try to the survival script as soon as it's ready (and as soon as I have a working device without Google apps).
For Tingle it is more complicate because it needs a lot of time for patching inside the phone, but I will try to optimize it in the future.

Reactions: Primokorn

joelh

Aug 13, 2016
The play store crashed a bunch of times for me, so I plan to replace it with BlankStore. I'm not sure if the real client is actually worth keeping if it requires a lot of workarounds/maintenance to keep it functional.

ale5000

Dec 24, 2013
i9100
@animeme: The bundled version works (after blocking auto-update) and even allow buying apps.
BlankStore isn't developed anymore (except maintenance fixes), so until there is a good alternative there isn't any real choice.

Reactions: Meloferz

joelh

Aug 13, 2016
@animeme: The bundled version works (after blocking auto-update) and even allow buying apps.
BlankStore isn't developed anymore (except maintenance fixes), so until there is a good alternative there isn't any real choice.

Did you experience similar issues before blocking auto update? I was able to download one app, and whenever I searched for another after that, it force closes.

ale5000

Dec 24, 2013
i9100
@animeme: No, but I suggest to block auto-update, uninstall the update that probably got already installed and clean data of Play Store.
It should fix the issues.

Reactions: joelh

joelh

Aug 13, 2016
2) To disable auto-update of Play Store, run from the pc connect to the phone:
Code:
adb shell pm disable com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.autoupdate.ReschedulerUsingJobScheduler\$CheckPreconditionsAndAutoUpdateJobService
adb shell pm disable com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.autoupdate.ReschedulerUsingAlarmManager\$CheckWifiAndAutoUpdate
adb shell pm disable com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.autoupdate.ReschedulerUsingBroadcast\$AutoUpdateRecheckForBroadcast
IMPORTANT: I haven't tested properly the code to disable auto-update so I cannot grant it work perfectly.

I'm getting an error:
Code:
"CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE "/system/bin/sh": cannot locate symbol "__register_atfork" referenced by "/system/bin/sh"...
Aborted

ale5000

Dec 24, 2013
i9100
Maybe "sh" on your phone isn't working properly.

Try to use terminal directly on the phone and digit "su" then inside "su" the "pm" commands without the "adb shell" part.

joelh

Aug 13, 2016
Maybe "sh" on your phone isn't working properly.

Try to use terminal directly on the phone and digit "su" then inside "su" the "pm" commands without the "adb shell" part.

Well this is interesting. When I enter "su" in TWRP's terminal, I get the same error I got earlier on PC, except it references /system/xbin/su.

joelh

Aug 13, 2016
@animeme: I don't think it will work from recovery, you should be inside Android.

Yep, I just tried it, and it works from there. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

It looks like there's more to this. I'm running crDroid Android N, 7.1.1. I successfully used each of the three commands to stop the auto-update, but I'm not sure there was an update that caused the FCs. Every time I use the search box, after typing at least two characters, the Play Store closes. I can avoid this by trying to browse recents and categories, eventually narrowing it down to the app I'm looking for, but I can't search for the app directly.

Last edited:
Reactions: mauam and ale5000

ale5000

Dec 24, 2013
i9100
@animeme

The phone must be inside Android (not the recovery).
From the pc run:
Code:
adb uninstall com.android.vending

It will uninstall the update and leave the original Play Store.

joelh

Aug 13, 2016
@animeme

The phone must be inside Android (not the recovery).
From the pc run:

It will uninstall the update and leave the original Play Store.

It didn't update. I ran the commands from within system, not recovery, as you said before, and it worked.

Edit: for whatever reason, too, adb on my PC doesn't recognize my phone unless it's in recovery. Adb enabled of course, and MTP.

It seems that only certain letters cause the play store to crash. Just an "s" kills it, for example, but "x" is okay until I follow up with "d". Idk if that's significant in any way, but it definitely makes me curious :confused:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description
    microG unofficial installer simplify the installation of microG.
    IT FEATURE ALSO NON-AROMA LIVE SETUP (now working on all phones).

Download
    microG unofficial installer v1.3.1 beta - Full (Android 2.2 - 13) - MIRROR
    microG unofficial installer v1.3.1 beta - OSS (Android 2.2 - 13)
    Google Sync Add-on v1.2.0 beta (Android 4.4 - 4.4.4 and 7 - 8, probably even newer versions)

NOTE: Devices with a MIPS CPU aren't supported.
    IMPORTANT: The installer isn't supported by the author of microG so installer related bugs should be reported to me instead app related bugs should be reported there.

Contents
    See here.

Official threads
    microG
    UnifiedNlp

Credits
    @MaR-V-iN (for microG, a perfect application that works perfectly also on old phones).
    @YashdSaraf for building BusyBox (BusyBox is used only during the installation, nothing on the device is altered).

XDA:DevDB Information
    [MOD][FLASHABLE] microG unofficial installer, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    ale5000
    Source Code: https://github.com/micro5k

Version Information
    Beta
    Current Version: v1.3.1
    Release Date: 2023-05-01

Created 2016-08-04
    Installation
    1. Copy the flashable ZIPs to the phone;
    2. Add signature spoofing (needed only for ROMs without built-in support for it) to your ROM using Tingle or FakeGApps;
    3. In the recovery flash the zip of microG unofficial installer;
    4. In the recovery flash the zip of Google Sync Add-on (optional);
    5. Restart the phone.

Know Issues
    - Google Play Games (empty app or crashing)
    - Google Assistant (freezing)

Known to work
    - Google Play Store *
    - Google Contacts Sync
    - Google Calendar Sync
    - Android Auto
    - Gmail (on Android 8+)
    - YouTube
    - Pokémon GO
    - Netflix
    - Snapchat
    - WhatsApp
    - Signal Private Messenger
    - WiFi Sherlock
    - QR Droid / QR Droid Private

* Included in the pack.
    microG unofficial installer - Changelog

Changelog is now here.

Google Sync Add-on - Changelog

Changelog is now here.
    I have released microG unofficial installer 1.0.31 beta, there isn't yet a changelog but the most important change is the update of GmsCore that fix the "update nag screen" and many GCM problems.
    Released microG unofficial installer 1.0.27 beta.
    It should fix a lot of problems (although not all yet).

Edit: Changelog added.