FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

V2 BLU Studio Selfie S070Q[MT6580][5.1][3.10.x]Resurrection Remix custom rom[PRAJWAL]

86 posts
Thanks Meter: 33

By Praw zoll, Member on 17th September 2016, 07:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th March 2017, 11:51 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Bhaktapur

More
@uptwolait ...... first install proper adb drivers on your pc as well as mobistel cynus f4 driver .... then turn on oem unlocking from developer options ..... now reboot to bootloader "adb reboot bootloader" ....remember you should run cmd prompt from the folder where adb files are present ..... then when bootloader opens type "fastboot oem unlock " ... now press both vol up and vol down ...... after like 10-15 sec type "fastboot reboot" now let the device wipe itself and reboot ...... finally flash twrp/cwm using fastboot after then phone starts up and going to bootloader option .... command is "fastboot flash recovery (your recovery name.img) .... then fastboot reboot ..... and finally reboot to twrp and flash super su root zip .... thats it

9th March 2017, 04:11 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptwolait

I have a BLU Studio Selfie 2 with Android 6.0 preinstalled. I cannot find ANY method of unlocking the bootloader. I've tried quite literally every method I can find on XDA and the web, and I cannot get it to root. Even though I select the "allow unlocking bootloader" option in Developer Options, when I power on into the boot menu it won't let me use Volume Up to select bootloader mode ... so I can't flash a custom ROM, and I can't backup the stock ROM. I also read on the web that Android 6.0 has more strict methods for preventing root access, so maybe I should downgrade to an earlier Android version first?

Regardless, there is very little I've found through weeks of searching that applies directly to this model phone, and nothing has been successful [yet] in rooting it. Can you point me to a method that might work?

I've been having the same issues. There's nothing online about the phones nor the problem. My guess is BLU bugs the bootloader to prevent unlocking. Nothing we can do I guess
9th March 2017, 04:17 AM |#13  
OP Member
Flag Bhaktapur

More
Man .... we can even unlock bootloader of latest phones like pixel , one plus 3T .... then what the heck are these mediatek phones .. .. they have the lowest security .... the process you tried to do may be wrong thats why bootloader is not unlocked ... ...... i guess i will make a video for step by step tutorial to unlock bootloader for blu devices ...... most of people are asking me for that ... wait for 1-2 days
9th March 2017, 11:41 AM |#14  
Flag Mississauga
Thanks Meter: 96

Donate to Me
More
I just thought of something. With smartphone flash tool, you can flash a custom recovery. From there, just flash SuperSU ZIP file and you should be rooted. It doesn't need an unlocked bootloader to flash the recovery.
9th March 2017, 04:40 PM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praw zoll

Man .... we can even unlock bootloader of latest phones like pixel , one plus 3T .... then what the heck are these mediatek phones .. .. they have the lowest security .... the process you tried to do may be wrong thats why bootloader is not unlocked ... ...... i guess i will make a video for step by step tutorial to unlock bootloader for blu devices ...... most of people are asking me for that ... wait for 1-2 days

But I've seen guide after guide. The phone is just physically incapable of being unlocked at the point when you click volume up.
9th March 2017, 05:17 PM |#16  
Flag Mississauga

Donate to Me
More
If you use Smartphone Flash tool to flash the custom recovery, and then use your phone's original boot.img in the ROM, you don't need to unlock your Bootloader. For root just flash the SuperSU ZIP and it will generate a rooted boot image and flash it. All that shouldn't need an unlocked bootloader if I'm correct.
10th March 2017, 01:09 AM |#17  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDev

If you use Smartphone Flash tool to flash the custom recovery, and then use your phone's original boot.img in the ROM, you don't need to unlock your Bootloader. For root just flash the SuperSU ZIP and it will generate a rooted boot image and flash it. All that shouldn't need an unlocked bootloader if I'm correct.

I'll give it a shot later
10th March 2017, 10:17 PM |#18  
Flag Mississauga

Donate to Me
More
OK, so I just emailed BLU about it, and this is what they said:

"We don't support unlocking of the bootloader or tampering of software. Therefore, we will not be able to provide you with any information. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused".

So, it basically sounds like they did do something.

Also, this reminded me of another BLU phone owner who could not even get his device to show up in fastboot devices, even after installing the proper drivers.
11th March 2017, 06:02 AM |#19  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDev

OK, so I just emailed BLU about it, and this is what they said:

"We don't support unlocking of the bootloader or tampering of software. Therefore, we will not be able to provide you with any information. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused".

So, it basically sounds like they did do something.

Also, this reminded me of another BLU phone owner who could not even get his device to show up in fastboot devices, even after installing the proper drivers.

Sounds a lot like they tampered with it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)