FORUMS

[MT6762-Helio P22] Blu Vivo XI aka 11 Bootloader Unlock/Development

1,480 posts
Thanks Meter: 294

By nobreak1970, Senior Member on 29th November 2018, 06:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm by no means a dev but I did just get this phone and can confirm that fastboot oem unlock works to unlock the bootloader of this phone.
Send the command and on the phone screen it gives you an option: press vol up to unlock, press vol down to not unlock.
After you unlock it it will wipe the phone and will take a bit longer to actually boot up.
Don't forget to have Oem unlock ticked on in Dev options.

Easy peasy.

DISCLAIMER: If you brick your device it's on you, not me.
The Following User Says Thank You to nobreak1970 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nobreak1970 Ad-Free
29th November 2018, 08:20 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Now if anyone can tell me how to create a TWRP for this device we'll be on our way to root access.
The Following User Says Thank You to nobreak1970 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nobreak1970 Ad-Free
30th November 2018, 11:56 AM |#3  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Bruv, it is quite incredible how little support there is for the Blu Vivo Xi/Xi+. Thank you for the info, going to unlock bootloader later today. I was a little hesitant but you are the first person I have seen post a confirmation that bootloader unlock works. I've been back and forth between here and the Blu Dev group on GPlus but TWRP will require a good samaritan to do the compiling. There is a guide but its a bit above my skill level. Once TWRP is ready we should find a few users and ask a mod to start a forum. You definitely have more pull than I do since I made this account 5 minutes ago ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ but this phone has tons of potential. Maybe a GCamera port that takes full potential of the dual camera and etc. Good on you.
30th November 2018, 05:44 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslyNotDavid

Bruv, it is quite incredible how little support there is for the Blu Vivo Xi/Xi+. Thank you for the info, going to unlock bootloader later today. I was a little hesitant but you are the first person I have seen post a confirmation that bootloader unlock works. I've been back and forth between here and the Blu Dev group on GPlus but TWRP will require a good samaritan to do the compiling. There is a guide but its a bit above my skill level. Once TWRP is ready we should find a few users and ask a mod to start a forum. You definitely have more pull than I do since I made this account 5 minutes ago but this phone has tons of potential. Maybe a GCamera port that takes full potential of the dual camera and etc. Good on you.

Let me know how it goes for you. I want to make sure that I don't have some fluke device before we proceed.
I have made Phil's recovery for other Blu phones in the past. Can't remember if I made a twrp or not, because it's been a few years.
I'm researching now.
30th November 2018, 05:48 PM |#5  
Flag New York

More
Message me with your email or phone. Im gonna be on skype using the MTK twrp porter maybe we can get this done later tonight. Do you have the XI or Xi+?
30th November 2018, 05:56 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslyNotDavid

Message me with your email or phone. Im gonna be on skype using the MTK twrp porter maybe we can get this done later tonight. Do you have the XI or Xi+?

I have the XI version.
I will not be available tonight unfortunately. I was planning on hitting the TWRP porter sometime tomorrow.
It'll get done, I'm confident of that. I just have to download the image tools for MTK's. If you make progress sooner that would be awesome!
If we can get a stable way of getting the stock recovery off (which shouldn't be an issue), adding TWRP, backing up our stock roms...saving for when the Pie version comes out....Root of course...we will have a good time with this.
The other Blu phone I had a few years ago I managed to get Marshmallow running on it; a version of Lineage OS I think? Can't remember.

30th November 2018, 06:34 PM |#7  
Flag New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobreak1970

I have the XI version.
I will not be available tonight unfortunately. I was planning on hitting the TWRP porter sometime tomorrow.
It'll get done, I'm confident of that. I just have to download the image tools for MTK's. If you make progress sooner that would be awesome!
If we can get a stable way of getting the stock recovery off (which shouldn't be an issue), adding TWRP, backing up our stock roms...saving for when the Pie version comes out....Root of course...we will have a good time with this.
The other Blu phone I had a few years ago I managed to get Marshmallow running on it; a version of Lineage OS I think? Can't remember.

Sounds good. I already requested the ET's and hopefully if we get the recovery done we can have the forums up by the end of next week with both versions rooted. Sky is the limit from there. Is there an oreo lineage ready to go for the blu hardware that can be used as a base? If that is the case all that would need to be added to the FaceID packages and were golden since current software is just AOSP android with faceid.
1st December 2018, 06:49 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Welp, looks like my research into this will be on hold. Got the damn flu!!!
I will help test if someone comes up with something for a twrp recovery, but I'm in no shape to try to do it myself right now.
3rd December 2018, 02:36 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:

Welp, looks like my research into this will be on hold. Got the damn flu!!!
I will help test if someone comes up with something for a twrp recovery, but I'm in no shape to try to do it myself right now.

I can confirm that the unlock procedure is the same for the 6GB/128GB Blu Vivo xi+ as well. Performed the unlock today and have been all over the forums looking for a method of root or a possible recovery that I could try and boot without flashing if thats still even possible, lots of old info out there, tried the Z2 Pro recovery earlier, phone dc'd and rc'd to usb several times and rebooted to rom, was hoping since the chipsets are the same that just maybe....anyways, any experienced devs out there want to point me into the right direction on a possible solution that won't outright brick the device before I can get a backup?

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Code:
V0310WW:/ $ ls -al /dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 880 2018-12-02 18:50 .
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 960 2018-12-02 18:50 ..
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 boot -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p30
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  20 2018-12-02 18:50 boot_para -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 cache -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p37
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 cam_vpu1 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p22
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 cam_vpu2 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p23
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 cam_vpu3 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p24
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 efuse -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p15
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  20 2018-12-02 18:50 expdb -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p4
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 flashinfo -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p40
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  20 2018-12-02 18:50 frp -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p5
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 gz1 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p25
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 gz2 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p26
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 lk -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p28
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 lk2 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p29
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 logo -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p31
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 md1img -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p16
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  20 2018-12-02 18:50 metadata -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p8
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  20 2018-12-02 18:50 nvcfg -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  20 2018-12-02 18:50 nvdata -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p7
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 nvram -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p27
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 odmdtbo -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p32
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 otp -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p39
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  20 2018-12-02 18:50 para -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 persist -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p12
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  23 2018-12-02 18:50 preloader_a -> /dev/block/mmcblk0boot0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  23 2018-12-02 18:50 preloader_b -> /dev/block/mmcblk0boot1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 proinfo -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p14
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  20 2018-12-02 18:50 protect1 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p9
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 protect2 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  20 2018-12-02 18:50 recovery -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 scp1 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p18
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 scp2 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p19
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 sec1 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p13
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 seccfg -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p11
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 spmfw -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p17
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 sspm_1 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p20
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 sspm_2 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p21
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 system -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p36
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 tee1 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p33
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 tee2 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p34
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 userdata -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p38
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  21 2018-12-02 18:50 vendor -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p35
V0310WW:/ $ exit
PS C:\platform-tools>
just a little copy pasta from adb...
3rd December 2018, 03:29 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Quote:

I'm by no means a dev but I did just get this phone and can confirm that fastboot oem unlock works to unlock the bootloader of this phone.
Send the command and on the phone screen it gives you an option: press vol up to unlock, press vol down to not unlock.
After you unlock it it will wipe the phone and will take a bit longer to actually boot up.
Don't forget to have Oem unlock ticked on in Dev options.

Easy peasy.us

DISCLAIMER: If you brick your device it's on you, not me.

Hey you got your bootloader unlocked I have been looking into this phone. You need to check out hovatek Wwr tool on YouTube and online make a scatter file and backup of your system but mainly we need to get the boot aka kernel once you have a copy of boot install magisk manager and patch boot img with magisk. Put boot img back on to the pc and fastboot flash the new patched boot img reboot go into magisk manager you'll have magisk 17.1 root. I rooted s Blu studio m5 with locked bootloader this way and there's also twrp Porter for stock recovery ported to twrp in seconds no compiling source. Ill be around tomorrow if you need more details. Twrp Porter I used was 1.0 and 1.3 form hovatek but I found a new for mt67xx 64 and 32 bit chips I'll get you links if need. Thanks good luck guys you can root this unlocked bootloader is the main reason people get root. Just need your boot I'm going and recovery img but we can pull recovery once rooted with terminal, adb, flashify.

I still have locked bootloader but with stock recovery ported to twrp it still works.
3rd December 2018, 01:52 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 127

More
I've been looking around and talking to people with experience and this is going to be risky and a lot harder than normal. I have heard you need a DA file because it's a secure boot but I've also read that secure boot is a locked bootloader that's why it's secure. So in my opinion it should not need a DA file unless you don't unlock your bootloader and your trying to flash custom firmware. I'm not going to say im 100 percent I'm not I just use common sense. If you think about it a firmware pull off the stock boot the kernel should be the exact same then magisk patches I think to disable some security and add super user permission. Then you flash the stock patched boot img back to the phone it should work because it's stock firmware with a tweak. If you flash with S P flashtool with the phone powered off it should work. The DA file to me doesn't seem necessary why would the phone unlock bootloader if you still needed a Day file there would be no point. It's a risk if you don't want to see your pic phone maybe end up broken don't do it. Me personally I enjoy figuring out how to root the phone and tweak it more than I enjoy the phone to use for Normal stuff. I'd rather have a rooted KitKat old low spec phone then a new Android pie stock firmware that's not root able. That's another thing every time you update with there ota updates they will patch security and make it harder to root. I think pie is over rated crap it doesn't have any new features at all except your recents menu scrolls left and right not worth the bugs the tighter security. I don't own the phone if I did I would have tried what I think will work and if it breaks I would just say oh well it's s phone not the end of the world. I've rooted a dozen different phones and there all different models which have taught me how to do about everything. Never bricked 1 or not got it rooted not 1. I rooted a Dell venue with a locked bootloader and no recovery by using a tethered recovery from my laptop then I found the custom recovery and bootloader unlock flash file but I got it done without it. The locked bootloader is the first security if it's unlocked you are preparing you phone for root the phones security should disable and allow to flash stuff.

My Blu studio m5 plus had no firmware to download I used

1.Wwr tool and made a scatter file and stock rom dump

2. I installed magisk manager on Blu m5 studio and patched boot img that I pulled from Wwr tool with magisk.

3. Put the patched boot img into a folder on pc renamed it back to just boot.img with the scatter file I made.

4. Turned phone off had vcom drivers already installed use s p flashtool to flash just the new boot img hit download then hold volume down button for my phone plugged it into USB on pc. Mediatek device have a button that activates the phone without turning it on to flash with sp tool. The button is different on different models mine was volume down.

5. Sp flash tool said ok in green so I unplugged and booted up phone went into magisk manager rooted 17.1 stable.

6. I tried again now to unlock bootloader because fastboot oem unlock will bring up the bootloader unlock but it disables my volume up button so I can't unlock it. Still locked bootloader Even today.

7. I got the stock recovery img that I made with WWr tool and used the hovatek twrp Porter and made a twrp from stock in about 2 seconds the program does all the work for you no compiling source. Disable antivirus software on computer when you're using these programs. Make sure you're phone has no fingerprint or pin code obviously think no security to gain root I always factory reset it and then enable oem unlock and USB debugging. Another tip is if you pull your stock it should be about the same size as the phone like my phone is 8gigs so stock firmware should come out about that and it did 7.63gb recovery and boot will be about 16mb took 15 gb on pc because Wwr tool makes one full rom bin about 8gb backup then makes scatter backup with partitions so another 8gb or a less. So you need plenty of room if you're phone has 32 gb it'll need like 64gb get it. So use a clean phone with no apps to save space on the user data back up cause that's your biggest file.

8.put the new twrp recovery into a folder on pc with a copy of scatter file and it turned phone off and used s p flashtool to flash the new recovery just like it was stock unchecked all options on s p flashtool except recovery it should only have recovery checked to begin with because you shouldn't have anything else in your folder. I waited said ok in green unplugged phone hold volume up then power button to immediately boot into recovery so twrp sticks. Worked made a backup fadhed Xposed viper.

So I could be wrong and you could need a da it's up to you guys to try it. I would search to see if any of those phones that needed da file had unlocked bootloader if they didn't we know that's why they needed da file. Maybe someone on xda would know but it would be easy **** if there was a stock rom zip. You could try brick reflash stock your set. Good luck guys I hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

If you guys have any questions feel free to ask. I'm not going to be one of those so called developers that ignore the question because I don't know the answer. There's no one that can be 100 percent certain of everything with these phones except the guy that developed the software for it. Xda is filled with a lot of fake developers all they do is take open source code and recompile it and put there name on it. That's nothing more then coping someone else work if there's a bug in the rom 99 percent won't be able to fix it until the open source codes are updated and a real developer fixes it. There's also the locked bootloader rule but there's exceptions to the rule and it doesn't work like they say but they aren't going to say that because if you brick your phone you'll be like it's your fault so they always play it safe. Don't be a little bitch either it's you trying stuff and it's your fault if you mess it up. The bootloader unlock is only for custom firmware like a recovery or rom not for flashing period because flashing is just installing something well you can install apps without unlocking your bootloader right? Yes and sometimes phones let you install root with out unlocking your bootloader and sometimes not it's not 100 percent. I've had 3 devices that allow root without unlocking bootloader Dell venue 3830, lg tribute ls660, and now the Blu studio m5 plus. Lg tribute I used kingroot with flashify to flash twrp never unlocked bootloader. The days of one click root are gone after 6.0 mm you will need to flash root and usually you'll need a unlocked bootloader to do it. Xda is loaded with copy cats that don't know **** and it's crap I think rom building is overrated if I get a pc that I can use I'm going to learn to do it and build twrp and kernels because that's more important than rom you need recovery and kernel for root and backup plus it's harder to make and I like s challenge.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
vivo-xi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)