FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Partition Ares 8 Tablet Linux and Windows script.

3,241 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,634

By vampirefo, Senior Member on 3rd March 2016, 01:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is a guide to partition your ares 8, could be used on other intel tablets, you would need your own files though.

Anyway download https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24438995911969251 extract to your computer, you need to have adb and fastboot set up and running on your computer.

Inside ares8_resize_partions.zip you will find several files, if linux user you will use fastboot.sh windows user you will use fastboot_cmd.bat.

Set permissions on files as needed, commands can be typed via hand if you choose not to run script, simply copy and paste in terminal window.

First use twrp to make a backup, back up data, system, boot.

once done boot into bootloader, open terminal window use either fastboot.sh, fastboot_cmd.bat or copy and paste commands in terminal. Note in Linux I simple drag and drop fastboot.sh into open terminal window, should be able to do same for windows with fastboot_cmd.bat.

Once partition is done, you are still in bootloader select to reboot to recovery, from there restore your backup and reboot.

I have made a smaller version of i708q rom I call BatVille, also made another partition.tbl just for BatVille rom

BatVille is just a smaller versions of I708Q rom, I added BatMan live wallpaper, It uses Nova Launcher, I removed a lot of stuff from i708q rom, to get BatVille rom small and still working as it should.

You can install BatVille without partitioning if you like, if you want to partition then install, that is the method I use.

To install partition just like above but use BatVille's partition.tbl instead of one above, when you are done partitioning reboot into recovery instead of restoring backup flash BatVille.zip and then flash SuperUser zip to get root, then reboot setup as normal.

Make sure to download and place BatVille.zip on external micro sdcard, internal sdcard will be formatted.

Download BatVille
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24438995911970819

Download BatVille partition.tbl
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24438995911970829

extract and rename batpartition.tbl to partition.tbl, replace the partition.tbl in ares8_resize_partions with this one before use.

Download SuperSU-v2.46.zip
https://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/

Place both BatVille.zip and UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip on micro sdcard.
reboot to recovery
factory Reset
select install zip
BatVille.zip
Add more Zips
UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
reboot

Takes time before rom boots first time allow ten minutes or so.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to vampirefo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vampirefo Ad-Free

3rd March 2016, 10:49 PM |#2  
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 540

More
I want to add more to /data than you added, and you said to edit partition.tbl if we want to change the sizes. Can you help me with editing it?
4th March 2016, 12:07 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek852

I want to add more to /data than you added, and you said to edit partition.tbl if we want to change the sizes. Can you help me with editing it?

No, I have enough work to do myself, lf you look at stock and my modified one, you will see where I pulled from, cache and system then added the difference to data.
5th March 2016, 03:38 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Added small rom BatVille and uploaded another partition.tbl just for BatVille rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to vampirefo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vampirefo Ad-Free
6th March 2016, 04:18 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Installed BatVille with the new partition table & it works great. Very small footprint and bloat is gone. I attempted a Titanium Backup, but the ext SD card isn't writable in Lollipop, so I resorted to backing up on internal memory and manually copying it to extSD. Although I was able to copy the backup and subsequently was able to copy it back to the Titanium folder on the internal memory after BatVille was installed, TB still refuses to see the files.

This is not a complaint, only a heads-up. Google had already restored all my market apps, and I only had 3 non-market apps installed (F-Droid and 2 Amazon market apps).
The Following User Says Thank You to zerozed99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zerozed99 Ad-Free
6th March 2016, 01:08 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozed99

Installed BatVille with the new partition table & it works great. Very small footprint and bloat is gone. I attempted a Titanium Backup, but the ext SD card isn't writable in Lollipop, so I resorted to backing up on internal memory and manually copying it to extSD. Although I was able to copy the backup and subsequently was able to copy it back to the Titanium folder on the internal memory after BatVille was installed, TB still refuses to see the files.

This is not a complaint, only a heads-up. Google had already restored all my market apps, and I only had 3 non-market apps installed (F-Droid and 2 Amazon market apps).

There is an app on playstore called NextApp SDFIX, that will change permissions on platform.xml to allow writing to external sdcard, so you can backup directly to external sdcard.

I just tested it, and it works, platform.xml needs to be edited, the above app will do that, then just reboot.

Sent from my i708Q using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vampirefo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vampirefo Ad-Free
7th March 2016, 06:34 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I tried to install the BatVille rom, coming from the i708 rom you posted the other day, I used the new TWRP, but the tablet gets hung u on the i708 screen. I have "dirty flashed" it, installed from a factory reset, and tried after wiping tablet completely, nothing worked. The i708 rom is much improved over the stock rom, thank you greatly for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirefo

This is a guide to partition your ares 8, could be used on other intel tablets, you would need your own files though.

Anyway download https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24438995911969251 extract to your computer, you need to have adb and fastboot set up and running on your computer.

Inside ares8_resize_partions.zip you will find several files, if linux user you will use fastboot.sh windows user you will use fastboot_cmd.bat.

Set permissions on files as needed, commands can be typed via hand if you choose not to run script, simply copy and paste in terminal window.

First use twrp to make a backup, back up data, system, boot.

once done boot into bootloader, open terminal window use either fastboot.sh, fastboot_cmd.bat or copy and paste commands in terminal. Note in Linux I simple drag and drop fastboot.sh into open terminal window, should be able to do same for windows with fastboot_cmd.bat.

Once partition is done, you are still in bootloader select to reboot to recovery, from there restore your backup and reboot.

I have made a smaller version of i708q rom I call BatVille, also made another partition.tbl just for BatVille rom

BatVille is just a smaller versions of I708Q rom, I added BatMan live wallpaper, It uses Nova Launcher, I removed a lot of stuff from i708q rom, to get BatVille rom small and still working as it should.

You can install BatVille without partitioning if you like, if you want to partition then install, that is the method I use.

To install partition just like above but use BatVille's partition.tbl instead of one above, when you are done partitioning reboot into recovery instead of restoring backup flash BatVille.zip and then flash SuperUser zip to get root, then reboot setup as normal.

Make sure to download and place BatVille.zip on external micro sdcard, internal sdcard will be formatted.

Download BatVille
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24438995911970819

Download BatVille partition.tbl
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24438995911970829

extract and rename batpartition.tbl to partition.tbl, replace the partition.tbl in ares8_resize_partions with this one before use.

7th March 2016, 02:55 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thew-tab

I tried to install the BatVille rom, coming from the i708 rom you posted the other day, I used the new TWRP, but the tablet gets hung u on the i708 screen. I have "dirty flashed" it, installed from a factory reset, and tried after wiping tablet completely, nothing worked. The i708 rom is much improved over the stock rom, thank you greatly for it

No ideal, you are flashing both BatVille and SuperSu before first boot?

I factory reset.

reboot to recovery
select install zip
BatVille.zip
Add more Zips
UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
reboot
7th March 2016, 07:58 PM |#9  

More
Not sure what I did wrong the first time, but it works great now. On a side note, your original i708Q rom for the ares 8 paritally works for the ares 11, the touchscreen doesnt work, but I downloaded a force rotation program from the playstore, the keyboard and mouse works perfectly well, even without the touch screen, it still runs better than the stock rom, thanks @vampirefo .
Quote:

No ideal, you are flashing both BatVille and SuperSu before first boot?

I factory reset.

reboot to recovery
select install zip
BatVille.zip
Add more Zips
UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
reboot

The Following User Says Thank You to thew-tab For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thew-tab Ad-Free
7th March 2016, 08:02 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thew-tab

Not sure what I did wrong the first time, but it works great now. On a side note, your original i708Q rom for the ares 8 paritally works for the ares 11, the touchscreen doesnt work, but I downloaded a force rotation program from the playstore, the keyboard and mouse works perfectly well, even without the touch screen, it still runs better than the stock rom, thanks @vampirefo .

Upload your stock Ares 11 boot.img, I will swap out kernel, that should get touch working on Ares 11.

Sent from my BatDroid using Tapatalk
7th March 2016, 11:13 PM |#11  

More
How do I upload?
Quote:

Upload your stock Ares 11 boot.img, I will swap out kernel, that should get touch working on Ares 11.

Sent from my BatDroid using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to thew-tab For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thew-tab Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)