FORUMS

[psa] [umidigi f1] [gsi] project treble works!!

83 posts
Thanks Meter: 46

By Jambii1987, Member on 1st April 2019, 06:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th June 2020, 06:03 AM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Android 10 is possible and very stable
I would really like to make a thread dedicated to Android 10 on Umidigi F1, but I don't have enough post count yet, so I'll post it here, since I will be helping in some way.
After I brinked my Bliss OS (Android 9 Pie) for having modified the UI too much, I tried to install Android 10 again, this time for the GSI ROMs and found two interesting and functional roms.

LineageOS 17.x GSI (all archs) - Much like the F1 stock rom (Including the rom names the phone as F1 xD), the only thing that DON'T WORK is:
- No Facial recognition
- No Fingerprint
I didn't use it due to lack of customization options (or didn't find it)
Havoc OS 3.6 - Beautiful rom, wide variety of customization and many options. About unlocking:
- Facial recognition WORKS
- Fingerprint is detected but does not work
I'm using it and it's just joy.
Quack Phh-Trebles - I haven't tested it, but it should work. Lacks testing

In both roms, 4G/LTE, Tethering HostSpot, etc. It works perfectly. I saw no difference in performance between the two, it needs serious testing. I already said what I wanted, now let's go for installation steps.
__________________________________________________ _________________

INSTALLATION STEPS
Requirements:
* Computer to access Fastboot (Install the appropriate drivers and use the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool)
* TWRP installed on UMIDIGI F1

- Download the desired arm64-ab custom rom (Here we will use Havoc OS 3.6 with GApps)
- Extract the zip and we will have Havoc-OS-v3.6-20200613-Official-GApps-arm64-ab.img
- Place the img in the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool folder
- Start your device in TWRP and wipe Dalvik, Cache, Data and System (ATTENTION: You will be without OS for now)
- Restart the device in Fasboot using TWRP (Reboot> Bootloader) and connect it to the computer.
- In the terminal, type:

Quote:

fastboot flashing unlock
fastboot flash system Havoc-OS-v3.6-20200613-Official-GApps-arm64-ab.img
fastboot reboot

After finishing the process, if (and will) TWRP bootloop occurs, just enter the ADB terminal (TWRP or Computer) and type:

Quote:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/para count=1 bs=32
adb reboot

Your UMIDIGI F1 will restart twice and ... SUCCESS, you now have Android 10 with recent updates! Enjoy yourself

Crédits:
Thanks for user @mrmazak for passing the command line to resolve the TWRP Bootloop.
In case you are having a lot of bootloop recovery in F1 (which I find difficult to happen), in this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...tloop-t3935506 he developed a flashable zip for solve this once and for all!
28th June 2020, 04:45 PM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
@CarlGSR There are lot of GSIs ROM out here, most of them should work on the F1 device with variable degree of working functionalities, as you mentioned.
You already tried some, most reliable ones are LOSQ, LOS17, HavocOS, MSMxtended, StagOS. I've also heard about a custom crDroid build for F1, but it's not ready yet.

If you want to try more fancy GSIs you may want to check this list: https://telegra.ph/GSIs-related-stuff-05-03
The Following User Says Thank You to BZ0RG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BZ0RG Ad-Free
28th June 2020, 07:37 PM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danvurl

I am using that one

I dont know if i have the encrypted one but i cannot decrypt my nandroid backups after restoring them. says decryption unsuccessful delete all data.

this is the one im using [UNOFFICIAL][DECRYPTION WORKS] TWRP 3.3.1 for UMIDIGI F1 [20191103] from peter cxy

which version of twrp 4 umidigi f1 has the system partition for system.img files?
29th June 2020, 10:45 AM |#94  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlGSR

I would really like to make a thread dedicated to Android 10 on Umidigi F1, but I don't have enough post count yet, so I'll post it here, since I will be helping in some way.
After I brinked my Bliss OS (Android 9 Pie) for having modified the UI too much, I tried to install Android 10 again, this time for the GSI ROMs and found two interesting and functional roms.

LineageOS 17.x GSI (all archs) - Much like the F1 stock rom (Including the rom names the phone as F1 xD), the only thing that DON'T WORK is:
- No Facial recognition
- No Fingerprint
I didn't use it due to lack of customization options (or didn't find it)
Havoc OS 3.6 - Beautiful rom, wide variety of customization and many options. About unlocking:
- Facial recognition WORKS
- Fingerprint is detected but does not work
I'm using it and it's just joy.
Quack Phh-Trebles - I haven't tested it, but it should work. Lacks testing

In both roms, 4G/LTE, Tethering HostSpot, etc. It works perfectly. I saw no difference in performance between the two, it needs serious testing. I already said what I wanted, now let's go for installation steps.
__________________________________________________ _________________

INSTALLATION STEPS
Requirements:
* Computer to access Fastboot (Install the appropriate drivers and use the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool)
* TWRP installed on UMIDIGI F1

- Download the desired arm64-ab custom rom (Here we will use Havoc OS 3.6 with GApps)
- Extract the zip and we will have Havoc-OS-v3.6-20200613-Official-GApps-arm64-ab.img
- Place the img in the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool folder
- Start your device in TWRP and wipe Dalvik, Cache, Data and System (ATTENTION: You will be without OS for now)
- Restart the device in Fasboot using TWRP (Reboot> Bootloader) and connect it to the computer.
- In the terminal, type:

After finishing the process, if (and will) TWRP bootloop occurs, just enter the ADB terminal (TWRP or Computer) and type:

Your UMIDIGI F1 will restart twice and ... SUCCESS, you now have Android 10 with recent updates! Enjoy yourself

Crédits:
Thanks for user @mrmazak for passing the command line to resolve the TWRP Bootloop.
In case you are having a lot of bootloop recovery in F1 (which I find difficult to happen), in this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...tloop-t3935506 he developed a flashable zip for solve this once and for all!

I tried out that exact package you referenced but the google messages app 'failed to create conversation. Please try again later'. My messages are backed up to google and migrate, but they both couldnt restore.

the face unlock is great though which is what i need with a custom rom for this device, broke the fingerprint flex cable when replacing the charging port board.
29th June 2020, 06:40 PM |#95  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamiscoolization

I tried out that exact package you referenced but the google messages app 'failed to create conversation. Please try again later'. My messages are backed up to google and migrate, but they both couldnt restore.

I'm not sure what can cause this, but I believe that updating the Google messaging app can solve the problem. If possible try and give me feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ0RG

@CarlGSR If you want to try more fancy GSIs you may want to check this list: Link

This is truly a haven for GSI Roms! My thanks so much for sharing this!
1st July 2020, 03:12 AM |#96  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Anyone have a fix for blurry Facebook/Instagram videos on 10 GSI's? All that I have tried have the issue.
1st July 2020, 06:34 PM |#97  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrock138

Anyone have a fix for blurry Facebook/Instagram videos on 10 GSI's? All that I have tried have the issue.

Video glitch (Treble Android Q)

- Go to vendor/etc/media_codecs.xml (root access required)
- Remove/comment the line that links to "mediatekcodecsmediatek_video.xml"
- Reboot
1st July 2020, 07:12 PM |#98  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ0RG

Video glitch (Treble Android Q)

- Go to vendor/etc/media_codecs.xml (root access required)
- Remove/comment the line that links to "mediatekcodecsmediatek_video.xml"
- Reboot

awesome, thanks. That seems to have fixed the issue.
2nd July 2020, 03:19 PM |#99  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrock138

awesome, thanks. That seems to have fixed the issue.

I tried this fix and it removed the problem from Instagram but YouTube Vanced videos were all a black screen.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom-rom, gsi, project-treble, umidigi, umidigi-f1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)