FORUMS

[psa] [umidigi f1] [gsi] project treble works!!

83 posts
Thanks Meter: 46

By Jambii1987, Member on 1st April 2019, 06:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th April 2019, 01:02 PM |#11  
Flag Newtownards
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceboyler

Sorry, should be in Developer Options all the way at the bottom. Search for cutout.

Side note: this morning I successfully switched over to Resurrection Remix and it works fine. I am seeing an issue on all of these GSI ROMs with WiFi Hotspot...

Aye, I've already tried display cutout, doesn't work really. Great ROM though, battery is phenomenal.
5th April 2019, 02:45 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:

Did you use MagicGAPPS to install it (via Magisk)? I had to do it that way for it to work properly.

Yes.

For clarity, I've had to do some rejiggering with the stock firmwares at times, too. These issues are thus likely because, at one point, I unknowingly used the SP Flashtool to Format All + Download. While I've been able to use the SN Writer tool to successfully restore certifications and IMEIs/MEID, it still crops up.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOONER13

Aye, I've already tried display cutout, doesn't work really. Great ROM though, battery is phenomenal.

Definitely agree. While I haven't been able to get GApps to work thus far, standby times overnight are much improved: 1% in 8 hours (Descendant) vs 3-4% over 8 hours (Stock)
5th April 2019, 05:59 PM |#13  
Flag Newtownards
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiran

Yes.

For clarity, I've had to do some rejiggering with the stock firmwares at times, too. These issues are thus likely because, at one point, I unknowingly used the SP Flashtool to Format All + Download. While I've been able to use the SN Writer tool to successfully restore certifications and IMEIs/MEID, it still crops up.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Definitely agree. While I haven't been able to get GApps to work thus far, standby times overnight are much improved: 1% in 8 hours (Descendant) vs 3-4% over 8 hours (Stock)

I tried SimpleGapps worked for me.
5th April 2019, 06:17 PM |#14  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOONER13

I tried SimpleGapps worked for me.

I'll try that, then.

EDIT: Success, SimpleGApps works. Only thing I'm having trouble with is my carrier, Verizon. Access Point was automatically filled in (and recognized as Verizon) but some elements are missing (i.e., MMSC, MMS port, etc). Everything is greyed out so that I can't modify it, too.
6th April 2019, 01:40 AM |#15  

More
Quote:

Sorry, should be in Developer Options all the way at the bottom. Search for cutout.

Side note: this morning I successfully switched over to Resurrection Remix and it works fine. I am seeing an issue on all of these GSI ROMs with WiFi Hotspot...

Got Descendant working with SimpleGapps. Just about the one thing I notice so far that stops this from being perfect is my inability to connect to cell service. The APN settings populate automatically and correctly (Verizon Wireless), but some things are incorrect and greyed out.
6th April 2019, 10:27 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
hi guys, can everybody explain the advantages/disadvantages? are this roms stable enough for daily use?
The Following User Says Thank You to crazyboy87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crazyboy87 Ad-Free
6th April 2019, 12:10 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I wish to find out the same as above and which version of the Rom did you use ?
ARM64, AB
ARM64, A only
ARM, A only
6th April 2019, 02:43 PM |#18  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowland

I wish to find out the same as above and which version of the Rom did you use ?
ARM64, AB
ARM64, A only
ARM, A only

ARM 64 AB. Everything's stable (so far) except for my cell service (APN settings for Verizon Wireless in the USA). That is, while the status bar icon indicates I have signal, I don't get data, calls, or text like I used to get with the stock image. The settings are greyed out so that I cannot modify them myself.

A couple of advantages is that it gives you the option for a dark/black theme and you can control whether you have battery % in the status bar. Also, as far as I can tell, multi-tasking performance is much better (i.e. apps stay in memory longer).
The Following User Says Thank You to Veiran For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Veiran Ad-Free
6th April 2019, 06:57 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
whats about camera? is the image quality better or the same as stock?
6th April 2019, 11:21 PM |#20  

More
Better, I think, but don't expect a miracle. On the original camera, I noticed this cross stitch sort of pattern on lower lit portions of the images it took that isn't there now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Veiran For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Veiran Ad-Free
7th April 2019, 02:37 PM |#21  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Same here. I don't really use hotspot so I'm not too concerned personally. Also I just switched to the official BlissROM and it's way more fluid and stable than anything else that I've tried. The dev is releasing monthly updates so that we always have latest security patches as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jambii1987 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jambii1987 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom-rom, gsi, project-treble, umidigi, umidigi-f1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)