FORUMS

[psa] [umidigi f1] [gsi] project treble works!!

83 posts
Thanks Meter: 46

By Jambii1987, Member on 1st April 2019, 06:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th April 2019, 02:37 PM |#21  
OP Member

More
Same here. I don't really use hotspot so I'm not too concerned personally. Also I just switched to the official BlissROM and it's way more fluid and stable than anything else that I've tried. The dev is releasing monthly updates so that we always have latest security patches as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jambii1987 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jambii1987 Ad-Free
7th April 2019, 02:49 PM |#22  
OP Member

More
I was able to use Bluetooth tethering on remix. Haven't tried it on any other GSI though.
7th April 2019, 08:26 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
You're not having any trouble with cell service? Which provider do you use?
7th April 2019, 08:33 PM |#24  
Flag Cedar City, UT
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiran

You're not having any trouble with cell service? Which provider do you use?

My cell service is fine, but I'm on Metro (T-Mobile). Bluetooth tethering works but it's a little odd on Remix.

Otherwise, it's been great so far. It's nice to have regular gestures of Pie. That's the main thing I was missing with the stock build . I will note, I haven't found any FaceUnlock that works properly, so if you like that feature, GSI might not be the best option.
7th April 2019, 08:37 PM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceboyler

My cell service is fine, but I'm on Metro (T-Mobile). Bluetooth tethering works but it's a little odd on Remix.

Otherwise, it's been great so far. It's nice to have regular gestures of Pie. That's the main thing I was missing with the stock build . I will note, I haven't found any FaceUnlock that works properly, so if you like that feature, GSI might not be the best option.

Okay, so it's probably just Verizon, then.

Maybe ROMs based on AOSP have the same APN settings... It's the same problem I've had regardless of the ROM. So far, I've tried Descendant and Bliss and both have the same settings.
8th April 2019, 05:23 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Is double tap to wake present in any of these roms?
8th April 2019, 10:04 PM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitar.petrunov

It is not present on the Descendant ROM.
8th April 2019, 10:10 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiran

It is not present on the Descendant ROM.

Does this Rom work with dual Sims ?

Sent from my F1 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
8th April 2019, 10:39 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitar.petrunov

I doubt this is possible without kernel modification, which isn't present with GSI.
8th April 2019, 11:34 PM |#30  
Flag Cedar City, UT
Thanks Meter: 24

More
For those who need Hotspot, found this handy tidbit of info and it works! https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=311

I'm using it right now to type this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to riceboyler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift riceboyler Ad-Free
14th April 2019, 09:40 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I posted this over in the BlissRom forum, but thought I'd take a shot here as well.

I'm running the 11.7 A/B with GAPPS built in on an Umidigi F1. Everything seems to be running well and smooth, with the exception of VoLTE and VoWifi. I'm on T-mobile in the USA and out of the box the phone works for both on the stock software. I dialed *#*#4636#*#* and both appear to be provisioned in the dialer settings. In addition, if I go to Network & Internet > Mobile Network > Advanced the wifi calling option is available and turned on. Even so, if I make a call in airplane mode with wifi turned back on and connected, it fails... and whenever I place a call on LTE, it drops back to H+. Any help or ideas on how to get it working would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom-rom, gsi, project-treble, umidigi, umidigi-f1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)