FORUMS

[psa] [umidigi f1] [gsi] project treble works!!

83 posts
Thanks Meter: 46

By Jambii1987, Member on 1st April 2019, 06:50 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
14th April 2019, 09:40 PM
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I posted this over in the BlissRom forum, but thought I'd take a shot here as well.

I'm running the 11.7 A/B with GAPPS built in on an Umidigi F1. Everything seems to be running well and smooth, with the exception of VoLTE and VoWifi. I'm on T-mobile in the USA and out of the box the phone works for both on the stock software. I dialed *#*#4636#*#* and both appear to be provisioned in the dialer settings. In addition, if I go to Network & Internet > Mobile Network > Advanced the wifi calling option is available and turned on. Even so, if I make a call in airplane mode with wifi turned back on and connected, it fails... and whenever I place a call on LTE, it drops back to H+. Any help or ideas on how to get it working would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
14th April 2019, 10:03 PM
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Please can anyone on a custom ROM try to download samsung galaxy manager from the play store then open the app and tell me if it works please ( as I wish to set up after flashing my S3 ) just wish to see it the app works 1st
15th April 2019, 02:42 AM
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello from kangaroo land 😊,
What would be the safest rom to try first , I need a stable WiFi & Lte .
I love the specs of the F1 just hate this O.S .. . thanks in advance.
15th April 2019, 07:55 PM
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Just been reading about twrp 3.3.0 for our a/b device let's hope we get a new zip free recovery soon

https://www.xda-developers.com/twrp-3-3-0-release/
19th April 2019, 10:47 PM
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceboyler

My cell service is fine, but I'm on Metro (T-Mobile). Bluetooth tethering works but it's a little odd on Remix.

Otherwise, it's been great so far. It's nice to have regular gestures of Pie. That's the main thing I was missing with the stock build . I will note, I haven't found any FaceUnlock that works properly, so if you like that feature, GSI might not be the best option.

I've been trying to read up a bit on other forums; still experiencing the cell service issue.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/pro...t3871690/page5

And, despite them using different phones, they're experiencing the same issue. Do you have any thoughts you'd be willing to share about this?
29th April 2019, 09:21 PM
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:

For those who need Hotspot, found this handy tidbit of info and it works! https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=311

I'm using it right now to type this.

Can you please elaborate on how you got the hotspot to work? What I do.

1.Install vpn hotspot
2.Clear routing rules
3.Start temp hotspot
4.Stop temp hotspot
5.Go to system hitapot menu and turn it on but then still no success

Am I doing something wrong
2nd May 2019, 02:03 AM
Thanks Meter: 212

More
Are there any issues with Treble other than WIFI hotspot? How does notch work with different apps?
6th May 2019, 02:06 PM
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hello and thanks for the information. I downloaded the Blissrom 11.7 a/b with gapps, but when i try to extract the system.img from the file, i can't open it for search system. The file that i dowlonad is the system.img that i will need in the step number 15 from the tutorial? Or how can i open it to browse the system.img into?

Thanks mates!
6th May 2019, 03:18 PM
Flag Cedar City, UT
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monoculero

Hello and thanks for the information. I downloaded the Blissrom 11.7 a/b with gapps, but when i try to extract the system.img from the file, i can't open it for search system. The file that i dowlonad is the system.img that i will need in the step number 15 from the tutorial? Or how can i open it to browse the system.img into?

Thanks mates!

You need to use the SPFlashTool. You can't do it via TWRP .

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitar.petrunov

Can you please elaborate on how you got the hotspot to work? What I do.

1.Install vpn hotspot
2.Clear routing rules
3.Start temp hotspot
4.Stop temp hotspot
5.Go to system hitapot menu and turn it on but then still no success

Am I doing something wrong

I have to turn it on, let it fail, then turning it on the second time always works.
6th May 2019, 03:24 PM
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

You need to use the SPFlashTool. You can't do it via TWRP .

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

I have to turn it on, let it fail, then turning it on the second time always works.

Yes, i know it, i need to flash with sp flash tools, like to Unlock Bootloader for example. I know to use it, but in this moment, when i have to select the system.img in sp flash tools, i dont know what the file that i need, because the file rom Blissrom i can't open it.

Edit: ok, i have tryed some of them at the end. Blissrom, descendant, and pixel dust. All of them have the same problem: if you restart the Phone, you will have to open/close sim. Double tap to wake doesnt exists, and finally, i have come back to the original, because photos app, recents apps and gestures are better for me (in my opinion).

Only one thing: always, before install the rom from Sp flash tools, first format data from magisk and then wipe davilk, data and cache. Later browse to System > power off. Then, continue with Sp flash tools.

I will follow all the rom post for news. Thanks for the info!!!
8th May 2019, 09:24 AM
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I have stock rom + unlocked bootloader + twrp. If I want to switch to treble rom, can I just flash system.img (without preloader and twrp) in sp flash tool? Thanks.
Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom-rom, gsi, project-treble, umidigi, umidigi-f1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)