[psa] [umidigi f1] [gsi] project treble works!!

Search This thread

CarlGSR

Jun 25, 2020
Hello! I love this and really want this for my Umidigi F1, but whenever I boot the newly flashed custom rom, it just gets stuck on the boot logo, forever. I already tried DescendentX, BlissROM, and Resurrections Remix, all the same result.
I believe I did and followed all of you steps correctly. What am I doing wrong?

Probably updating the rom with the method of the original post, it's not wrong, I also had bootloop in CustomRom by the flashtool method

The solution would be to install via Fastboot, go to the 5th page of this topic, in post # 91 (which would be mine) and see if the same problem occurs

Reactions: codmobler

codmobler

Dec 14, 2020
Probably updating the rom with the method of the original post, it's not wrong, I also had bootloop in CustomRom by the flashtool method

The solution would be to install via Fastboot, go to the 5th page of this topic, in post # 91 (which would be mine) and see if the same problem occurs

Seems awesome! I'll try it out today!

codmobler

Dec 14, 2020

YES THANK YOU! It works like a charm!

Reactions: CarlGSR

pchtc

Sep 13, 2007
Ottawa
@CarlGSR where did you get " Bless project (BlissROMs Q Mod) "
is this the correct link https://xdaforums.com/t/official-blissroms-q-mod-bless.4138687/

trying to help out my parents they have the F1 running stock Umidigi and it has too many issues
so want to try something else
hoping that this is more stable

does this ROM "Bliss" allow making a phone call without rebooting?
please let us know if the link i posted above is correct?
also is the newest recovery still 3.3.1 from petercxy?

codmobler

Dec 14, 2020
spft problem

Every time I try to flash gsi from sp flash tools I get the "PMT has changed for the rom error". Any fix? When I use fastboot, the booting doesn't go beyond splash image. Tried with latest Descendant

Open SPFT, click on the Format tab. Under Auto Format Flash, click Format whole flash except Bootloader.

Power off your device. Click the blue play button that says Start. Hold the volume up button on your Umidigi F1 and plug in your USB. After ok with a green checkmark, try again.

CarlGSR

Jun 25, 2020
@pchtc My sincere apologies for the delay in responding, I did not receive the notification in my email.
You have probably solved that question, but I will answer it anyway.

@CarlGSR where did you get " Bless project (BlissROMs Q Mod) "
is this the correct link https://xdaforums.com/t/official-blissroms-q-mod-bless.4138687/
does this ROM "Bliss" allow making a phone call without rebooting?
please let us know if the link i posted above is correct?
also is the newest recovery still 3.3.1 from petercxy?

Yes, and at the moment of the few Treble roms I used, none of them made the phone restart when making calls. Only one thing does restart: Chromium-based browsers (after randomly loading / returning a page)

Bless rom is good, but if you want recent alternatives, you can try these too (I tested it myself)

- Havoc OS-v3.12 (20201230)
(Android 10, Latest Magisk and GApps works, I'm currently using) No fingerprint / YES face recognition

- Lineage-18.1 (20210111)
(Android 11, Magisk not tested, but the manager comes preinstalled, GApps not tested) No fingerprint / No face recognition

- Chaos v300l (210117) (GApps version)
(Android 11, Magisk not tested, but the manager comes preinstalled, GApps from the factory) No fingerprint / No face recognition
"Invalid sparse file format at header magic" happens but installs normally

Resurrection Remix v8.6.5 - Not recommended because SIM CARD is not recognized

ATTENTION: for some reason the encryption of this ROM "prevents" the downgrade to other "old versions" of Android 10, showing the secure boot at startup, enter any password and you will receive a message that "Decryption failed / corrupted data" (is the which I suppose, since I only had this downgrade problem with these Roms)

** DATA partition somehow lost its encryption handshake key and this caused the problem, reformatting fixes it. **

In this case, in the TWRP, Format DATA, then go to Advanced Wipe >> Select DATA Partition >> Repair or Change file Sytem and check your original file system (for mine is ext4) >> Change File System >> Select any one (ex: exFat) >> after the change, go back to the original file system (for mine is ext4)
Credits:
**Solution Source:

Last edited:

Indigo Red

Jan 28, 2020
Hello everyone.

I am new in this forum and with this phone Umidigi F1 Play too. I saw all this post from the begining and I saw there were two flash methods used: over FlashTool and ADB commands. I tried the conventional flashing over TWRP, in this way (without responsibility from my side for damage, data loosing or something else went wrong);

1. Unlocked bootloader
2. Flash TWRP (twrp-3.5.0_9-0-f1_play.img). Go into twrp
3. Format Data and flash "Disable-Force-Encryption-Treble.zip" for "No encryption mod"
4. Wipe all necessary: Dalvik Cache; System; Data and Cache
5. Flash System image (ROM-saved on the phone). Here, I tryed different ROMs and all those have worked with its issues:
- AncientOS-CIVILIZATION-v3.7-arm64-ab-vanilla.img.xz
- AospExtended-10-arm64-ab-vanilla.img.xz
- bliss10.0-v224-201015-arm64-bvN.img.xz
- Havoc-OS-v3.12-20201230-Official-arm64-ab.img.xz
- KomodoOS-2.5-arm64-ab-vanilla.img.xz
- Legion-v2.7-arm64-ab-vanilla.img.xz
- LeOS-Q-20210113-bvN.img.xz (really a very interessant rom with Micro-G)
- losq-v224-201017-arm64-bvN.img.xz
- Resurrection_Remix_8.6.5_arm64-ab_vanilla.img.xz
- Syberia-10-arm64-ab-vanilla.img.xz
- TitaniumOS-10-v1.0-arm64-ab-vanilla.img.xz
- Xtended-XQ-v8.0-arm64-ab-vanilla.img.xz
- ZenX-OS-v1.8-arm64-ab-vanilla.img.xz
---> I'm using Resurrection_Remix_8.6.5_arm64-ab_vanilla.img.xz, without Gapps (attached files with recognized sim cards)
6. Flash permissive file "Permissiver_v5.zip" to avoid loops
7. Reboot into system and search for "advance power" to select "reboot into recovery" or you can press vol+ and power button, together, then release power and vol+, in this order after reboot
8. Install gapps. I installed OpenGapps and NickGapps but i became a lot of issues with the roms, therefor I flashed BitGapps in its pico version (BiTGApps-arm64-11.0.0-R19_signed.zip - 82.4MB). For the moment I don't have installed any gapps
- If twrp says "there is no free place for the (gapps) installation" (25MB), you must go to the wipe menu and select "Advanced Wipe" button, check only "System" and at least the "Repair or Change File System" button (NOT swipe to wipe!!!), then "swipe to resize" you become 900MB free space and you can flash Gapps (the quantities of MB can be different...)
9. Now, you can root your phone, install Magix (Magisk-v22.0(22000).zip -) and reboot into system. That's all folk!

Of course there are more roms don't working but the list is too large. If you see, the most of roms are from the PHH Project in its vanilla version, other ones like "berkay" or "Erfan" don't work with me, try it, maybe you'll have more luck (or maybe I have done something wrong)

Enjoy!
Screenshot_20210320-183110214.jpg
Screenshot_20210320-183152150.jpg
Screenshot_20210320-183242710.jpg

Last edited:

cidlover

Oct 30, 2013
Parkersburg
How many people are using Android 11 right now on this phone? (Mine is the Non play version, Umidigi F1)
Just a precaution about TWRP from either Petercxy (3.3.1) or Shadow of Leaf (3.5.2), TWRP will complain that system or the /system_root partition needs cleaning but easy to fix

1. Reboot into fastboot and flash the system with the GSI you want
2. enter "Fastboot reboot" while holding Vol UP to enter recovery
3. Mount /system_root as Read-Only, Tap Mount > Mount system read-only then tap System
4. Backup the system partition with either TWRP or ADB with "adb backup --twrp" (select the partition by the backup menu, it will have boot and data selected by default but that menu with the selected items is what the command will backup to a backup.ab file)
5. Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select System > Repair or Change File System > Change File System > EXT4 > Confirm
6. Now restore your system backup and you can flash zips again without worry.

Also, anyone got Magisk v2x working on Andorid 11, I got Viper4Android working with a rootless driver zip but Magisk Manager keeps saying Installed:N/A every zip I tried so far.

nnSlick

Sep 23, 2007
How many people are using Android 11 right now on this phone? (Mine is the Non play version, Umidigi F1)
Just a precaution about TWRP from either Petercxy (3.3.1) or Shadow of Leaf (3.5.2), TWRP will complain that system or the /system_root partition needs cleaning but easy to fix

1. Reboot into fastboot and flash the system with the GSI you want
2. enter "Fastboot reboot" while holding Vol UP to enter recovery
3. Mount /system_root as Read-Only, Tap Mount > Mount system read-only then tap System
4. Backup the system partition with either TWRP or ADB with "adb backup --twrp" (select the partition by the backup menu, it will have boot and data selected by default but that menu with the selected items is what the command will backup to a backup.ab file)
5. Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select System > Repair or Change File System > Change File System > EXT4 > Confirm
6. Now restore your system backup and you can flash zips again without worry.
@cidlover
Thanks for the post to fix the 'needs cleaning' error in twrp. I am using the newer version of TWRP (3.5.2 by Shadow of Leaf) to flash GSI ROMs to my Umidigi F1 and ran into this error. I tried to fix it but cannot see the system partition in TWRP back up screen, after mounting it successfully at step 3. (I can see /system_root mounted from adb shell.)

Also, at step 5. (Advanced Wipe) I do not see the system partition so I cannot select it for repair.

Anyone ran into the same problem and how to fix it? TIA.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [PSA] [UMIDIGI F1] [GSI] PROJECT TREBLE WORKS!!

Hello and good day!

As stated in Thread title this is a PSA to let you all know Project Treble GSI ROMs work on our device (UmiDigi F1 only!) !!!
    This means that we actually have custom ROM support!! Woohoo!!

I know what you're thinking. Don't worry. Below is a quick and simple guide to get your Umi F1 running a custom ROM!! :good: :highfive:

DISCLAIMER:

Your warranty is... still valid?

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

This guide is made assuming you are using Windows. No idea about flash tool on Linux/Mac.
    This guide assumes that you have already unlocked your bootloader and have knowledge of flashing an MTK device with SP Flash tools.
    This guide assumes that you are either a comfortable or an advanced user in the realms of modding android devices.
    This guide also assumes that you have successfully flashed TWRP with SP Flash Tools and have flashed the dm-verity/no encryption mod. If you have no idea what that means do not proceed!
    I will not be providing any ROMs in this post. Google is your friend. Trust me, that's how I figured all this out!!
    I will however provide a link to the xda Project Treble GSI Forum as well as links to the Global and EU's latest firmware downloads direct from UmiDigi. ( Links Below )
    Please do not PM as I will not reply. Nothing personal. I'm just really lazy.
    If I helped you out please hit thanks! Like I mentioned, I am lazy and this took a lot of self-coaxing :p

NOTE:

Only Flash A/B arm64 Based GSI images

And now for the awesomeness!!

STEP 1: BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP!! You never know what could go wrong

STEP 2: Download a Project Treble GSI of your choosing from the link below

STEP 3: Once download has finished open the file and extract the system.img ( Or whatever it is named either way should end in .img )
    You can place this anywhere just remember what directory you left it in.

STEP 4: Download firmware for your devices region which would be EU or Global ( Global is anywhere that isn't in the EU...just in case :p )

STEP 5: Open the downloaded firmware file and extract the preloader (ends in .bin) and android scatter file to your SP Flash tool directory

STEP 6: Again, BACKUP!!

STEP 7: Before we go any further make sure you have at the very least read the OP from the thread that you downloaded your GSI image. Some of them require GAPPS which you will need to have in your internal storage among other things so be mindful of that.

STEP 8: Reboot your device into TWRP and wipe Dalvik, Cache and Data and just for good measure swipe to factory reset.

STEP 9: If you have installed the no dm verity/ no encrytpion zip before go ahead and skip this step. If you have not then I advise you to do a search for UmiDigi F1 TWRP encryption and understand it before you
    continue. Not being a jerk, just saving you from a brick ;)

STEP 10: Navigate to reboot menu in TWRP and choose POWER OFF

STEP 11: Open SP Flash tool

STEP 12: Load your scatter file that you extracted in STEP 5.

STEP 13: Double click on preloader and load the preloader bin that you extracted in STEP 5.

STEP 14: Double click on recovery and load your TWRP img ( There are 2 on the UmiDigi forum for those that are not aware, One material and one Dark/Light Blue )

STEP 15: Double click on system and load the GSI image that extracted in STEP 3.

STEP 16: Hit that download button!

STEP 16: With your phone still powered off, hold the volume up button and connect your USB.

STEP 17: Wait for SP Flash Tool to do it's thing and give you the green checkmark

STEP 18: If your GSI has GAPPS included then you may skip this. Once your ROM has loaded, download magisk canary app from official Dev thread and then download the zip file from within the app ( at time of writing 19.0 is the latest Magisk ) reboot back into TWRP and flash Magisk. In my experience I have only been able to install GAPPS with MAGICGAPPS found in Magisk Modules download page. MAGICGAPPS has to flashed in TWRP after you've flashed magisk and rebooted at least once. MAGICGAPPS will detect your GAPPS package and install it systemlessly.

STEP 19: PROFIT!!!! Enjoy your awesome new and improved Umi F1!!

Link to GSI Forum: [url]https://xdaforums.com/project-treble/trebleenabled-device-development[/URL]

Link to Global Firmware: [url]https://community.umidigi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=18653&extra=page%3D1[/URL]

Link to EU Firmware: [url]https://community.umidigi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=18654&extra=page%3D1[/URL]

UPDATE!

Just adding a few GSIs that I have tried that I think work really well. If you have one you've tried that's not in the list just post here and I'll get around to adding it to the OP.

Resurrection Remix
    Descendant
    Bliss ROM
    Sorry, should be in Developer Options all the way at the bottom. Search for cutout.

Side note: this morning I successfully switched over to Resurrection Remix and it works fine. I am seeing an issue on all of these GSI ROMs with WiFi Hotspot...
    Can we flash the Android 10 bliss ROM?

New to GSIs so not sure.

They don't have a system.img in the zip as well, I downloaded 2 different ones. They have the ROM as .br

A br file is brotli, so you will need a brotli extractor to get the img file out of it.

$ apt show brotli
    Package: brotli
    Version: 1.0.7-2
    Priority: optional
    Section: utils
    Maintainer: Tomasz Buchert <tomasz@debian.org>
    Installed-Size: 772 kB
    Depends: libc6 (>= 2.14)
    Homepage: https://github.com/google/brotli
    Download-Size: 273 kB
    APT-Sources: http://deb.debian.org/debian buster/main amd64 Packages
    Description: lossless compression algorithm and format (command line utility)
    Brotli is a generic-purpose lossless compression algorithm
    that compresses data using a combination of a modern variant
    of the LZ77 algorithm, Huffman coding and 2nd order context modeling,
    with a compression ratio comparable to the best currently available
    general-purpose compression methods. It is similar in speed with
    deflate but offers more dense compression.
    hello friends I build gsi and in f1 play works very well if someone wants to try it here I leave the link

https://xdaforums.com/pro...e-v15-t3942924
    For those who need Hotspot, found this handy tidbit of info and it works! https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78468656&postcount=311

I'm using it right now to type this.