FORUMS

[RECOVERY][TWRP]Samsung Tab E - sm-t560/sm-t561/sm-t560nu/sm-t377p - Update 13/4/2016

15,117 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,838

By ashyx, Recognized Contributor on 28th January 2016, 08:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th February 2016, 05:40 PM |#11  
Flag Philadelphia Pa.
Thanks Meter: 814

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botsok

+1, I haven't tried it yet on my wife's SM-T560NU 'coz my wife always have the tablet with her. She wouldn't even let me get close to it since I screwed up her phone. I will report ASAP when I get a chance to steal the tablet and root it (hopefully successful).
Thanks to @ashyx in advance and to guys reporting back on their experience. Please keep the thread alive.

If you follow the steps in the OP you should not have any problems. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigtom624 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigtom624 Ad-Free
14th February 2016, 08:33 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
It s work! Thanks man !
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-02-14-22-12-35.png
Views:	2766
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	3646472
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bejinaru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bejinaru Ad-Free
15th February 2016, 02:57 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Smt560nu rom
Was anyone able to find the stock ROM for SM-T560NU on SAMMOBILE?

** EDIT ** I've tried two different computers, reinstalling samsung drivers and different ports. Can't seem to get past the setup connection step in ODIN. Does anyone have any suggestions?

** EDIT 2** Got it working! Thanks ashyx!
16th February 2016, 05:51 PM |#14  
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Mount Problem
When i tried to install a rom, it says 'Could not mount...blabla'. So I did go to the mount-tab and checked it for the second time and it still fails. Help me please
16th February 2016, 06:36 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Hello! I have just finished reading through this thread and wanted to say thank you for all your hard work and dedication ashyx and the testers! I am about to purchase this tablet and wanted to know if model number SM-T560NZKUXAR is compatible with the files you created?

**edit** I just purchased the tablet and it is a SM-T560NU when I get home from work I will test this out and leave feed back
The Following User Says Thank You to blaineg85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blaineg85 Ad-Free
16th February 2016, 08:03 PM |#16  
OP Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROM-mer

When i tried to install a rom, it says 'Could not mount...blabla'. So I did go to the mount-tab and checked it for the second time and it still fails. Help me please

Are you attempting to flash the stock rom with twrp? As far as Im aware there is no custom rom for this device?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ashyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ashyx Ad-Free
16th February 2016, 08:59 PM |#17  

More
I apologize for the stupid question here, but if I am just wanting to do root do i have to flash twrp_2.8.7.0_sm-t560nu.tar first? Or can I just flash the root file
16th February 2016, 09:52 PM |#18  
OP Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaineg85

I apologize for the stupid question here, but if I am just wanting to do root do i have to flash twrp_2.8.7.0_sm-t560nu.tar first? Or can I just flash the root file

If you're talking about this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3300291

Then you don't need to install twrp.
However installing custom recovery and making a backup is one of the best mods you can do to your device.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ashyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ashyx Ad-Free
17th February 2016, 12:24 AM |#19  
Flag Philadelphia Pa.

More
Quote:

When I got my Sm-t560nu last week the first thing I did was flash the TWRP 2.8.7.0 tar in ODIN, then I flashed the chainfire su file in ODIN to root it and everything went fine for me. After that I made a backup just like @ashyx suggested.
17th February 2016, 12:29 AM |#20  

More
Ok thank you so much for all your help!! I did the root part successfully which is what I wanted. I don't understand the purpose of doing the twrp
17th February 2016, 12:44 AM |#21  
Flag Philadelphia Pa.

More
Quote:

Ok thank you so much for all your help!! I did the root part successfully which is what I wanted. I don't understand the purpose of doing the twrp

Having a custom recovery such as twrp is needed for flashing Roms (which we do not have yet) and for making backups of your system in case you have issues and need to restore the backup. I have been flashing Roms since 2010 and I have always had a custom recovery.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigtom624 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigtom624 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)