FORUMS

[RECOVERY][TWRP]Samsung Tab E - sm-t560/sm-t561/sm-t560nu/sm-t377p - Update 13/4/2016

15,117 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,838

By ashyx, Recognized Contributor on 28th January 2016, 08:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th February 2016, 12:44 AM |#21  
Flag Philadelphia Pa.
Thanks Meter: 814

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaineg85

Ok thank you so much for all your help!! I did the root part successfully which is what I wanted. I don't understand the purpose of doing the twrp

Having a custom recovery such as twrp is needed for flashing Roms (which we do not have yet) and for making backups of your system in case you have issues and need to restore the backup. I have been flashing Roms since 2010 and I have always had a custom recovery.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigtom624 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigtom624 Ad-Free
17th February 2016, 02:23 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Ok lol I tried doing the twrp and I'm stuck in a boot loop. I followed your instructions. What am I supposed to do when I get to the twrp recovery screen?
17th February 2016, 04:19 AM |#23  
Flag Philadelphia Pa.

More
Quote:

Ok lol I tried doing the twrp and I'm stuck in a boot loop. I followed your instructions. What am I supposed to do when I get to the twrp recovery screen?

If you get to the twrp recovery then it sounds like the flash went OK. When you are in recovery, go to reboot and then hit system and the Tab should reboot like normal.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigtom624 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigtom624 Ad-Free
17th February 2016, 04:25 AM |#24  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtom624

If you get to the twrp recovery then it sounds like the flash went OK. When you are in recovery, go to reboot and then hit system and the Tab should reboot like normal.

thats what i did and it kept boot looping. so i updated software through samsung kies to get past it and rerooted and i dont see to have any problems as of now
The Following User Says Thank You to blaineg85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blaineg85 Ad-Free
17th February 2016, 04:45 AM |#25  
Flag Philadelphia Pa.

More
Quote:

thats what i did and it kept boot looping. so i updated software through samsung kies to get past it and rerooted and i dont see to have any problems as of now

Glad you got it fixed.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigtom624 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigtom624 Ad-Free
17th February 2016, 05:43 AM |#26  
OP Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You must have allowed TWRP to install SuperSU when it offered.
This will boot loop your device, ONLY use the Supersu zip provided. DO NOT let TWRP itself install SuperSU.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ashyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ashyx Ad-Free
17th February 2016, 01:59 PM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

You must have allowed TWRP to install SuperSU when it offered.
This will boot loop your device, ONLY use the Supersu zip provided. DO NOT let TWRP itself install SuperSU.

that possibly could have been the problem, but pressure sure i didnt let it install supersu. so that supersu zip that you provided, how do i go about installing that on the device? just connect device to pc and put the file on my device by drag and drop? one more question im not sure if you can answer this, but i only use root so i can use xmodgames app from the play store. it requires device to be rooted. well the app does not work on lollipop devices that the SE status says "Enforcing" when you go to the about device section and scroll down you will see the SE status. is there any way to change it from "enforcing"?
the whole reason i got this tablet was to root it to use that app for a game and i cant. i know the device is rooted properly from your method, the problem is on the end of the app not working with SE enforcing devices.
17th February 2016, 02:39 PM |#28  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

that possibly could have been the problem, but pressure sure i didnt let it install supersu. so that supersu zip that you provided, how do i go about installing that on the device? just connect device to pc and put the file on my device by drag and drop? one more question im not sure if you can answer this, but i only use root so i can use xmodgames app from the play store. it requires device to be rooted. well the app does not work on lollipop devices that the SE status says "Enforcing" when you go to the about device section and scroll down you will see the SE status. is there any way to change it from "enforcing"?
the whole reason i got this tablet was to root it to use that app for a game and i cant. i know the device is rooted properly from your method, the problem is on the end of the app not working with SE enforcing devices.

You need a permissive kernel. I will post it up for you.
Just to confirm you have the t560nu?

The supersu zip needs to be copied to your device then use the Installer in twrp to install it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ashyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ashyx Ad-Free
17th February 2016, 02:55 PM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

You need a permissive kernel. I will post it up for you.
Just to confirm you have the t560nu?

The supersu zip needs to be copied to your device then use the Installer in twrp to install it.

that would be awesome ashyx!! i was about to go return this device if i couldnt figure it out you have been tremendous help! i will be sure to drop you a beer donation yes t560nu

oh i almost forgot i wanted to update you, I did get the twrp to work and installed SuperSu all worked great!
The Following User Says Thank You to blaineg85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blaineg85 Ad-Free
17th February 2016, 07:33 PM |#30  

More
Donation made ashyx
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blaineg85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blaineg85 Ad-Free
17th February 2016, 07:52 PM |#31  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Donation made ashyx

Thanks for the donation support, much appreciated!
Hopefully this will boot successfully on your device and not be a pain like another recent qualcomm device I recently dealt with.

boot_permissive_5.11_sm-t560nu

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ashyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ashyx Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)