/* * Your warranty is void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
I have ported a twrp recovery for Moto c - namath - xt1754
from Doogee x5 pro, credits for snowcat4pda
Another one from Moto E4 (See second post).
The only way to install a recovery on a device with a locked bootloader is to unlock the bootloader first, so you can unlock it and simply flash the recovery.
I'm going to show you step by step instructions to flash the recovery WITHOUT unlocking the bootloader or lose any data.
1. Download and extract my ported recovery from here --> DOWNLOAD.
2. Open SP flash tool and load download agent "DA_SWSEC_6737m_98736_71604.bin" - from the previous zip.
3. Load the scatter-file found in the recovery you previously extracted and select preloader only, but don't flash it.
4. Click Alt + Ctrl + V to activate advanced mode in sp flash tool.
5. Click on "window" up there and select "write mode"
6. Change the address to "0x2d80000" and click on "file path" and choose the recovery.img
7. Click on "write Memeory", then Power off your device and wait until it vibrates and connect it to your pc.. wait until it finishes and now your recovery is ready, you can root your device or do whatever you want.
Just remember! Your are doing this at your own risk, I take no responsibility for bricked devices, have fun. :P
- Me for porting the recovery.
- Snowcat4pda for building it.
- This guide on youtube that I used as a base for mine.