FORUMS

[Recovery][UNOFFICIAL][ROOT][C710F]TWRP 3.2.1-0 For J7 Plus[JadeLTE]

3,023 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,122

Post Reply Email Thread
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP), is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices.It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface which allows users to install third-party firmware and backup the current system, which are often unsupported by stock recovery images.It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices.

What's new in 3.2.1-0:

* minui fixes (cryptomilk)
* Better android-8.0 compatibility in ROM trees (Dees_Troy)
* Fix missing library in android-8.0 (nkk71)
* Fix inconsistent SDCard naming (DevUt)
* Default to TWRP restore instead of adb backup restore to fix restore on fresh TWRP boot.

Downloads:
TWRP For J7 Plus

Installation:

•In your ROM, go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
•Now go to Settings -> Developer options. (above About device).
•You need to enable OEM unlock, otherwise you might end up with boot problems or be unable to flash later on.
•Extract Odin_3.10.7.zip to your computer.
•Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers for Odin to find your device.
•Download .tar image of TWRP For J7 Plus.
•Reboot your device into Download mode. To do this, select reboot from the power menu and hold the [Volume Down] + [Home] buttons while your device reboots.
•Once you reach the Download mode warning screen, press [Volume Up] to continue.
•Open Odin and place that TWRP tar file in the [AP] slot without touching any other options, then press [Start].
•Hold [Volume Up] + [Home] buttons near the end of the flash, and keep holding them until you are in recovery.

To disable forced encryption and mount internal storage(/DATA):
(Note this MUST be flashed after SuperSU if you intend to root)

1. Boot to TWRP
2. Format Data partition using FORMAT DATA button under Wipe options.
(Note: This will wipe the internal storage)
3. Check DATA is mountable.
4. Install SuperSU (if root is required)
5. Install Boot Image Patch below.
6. Reboot

Boot Image Patch
No_DM_Verity_Patcher_By-ashyx

Hit Thanks If You Like It!

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP 3.2.1-0 For J7 Plus, Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
Albe96
Source Code: https://github.com/Albe96XDA/android...g_jadelte-TWRP

Version Information

Created 2018-06-20
Last Updated 2018-06-25
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Albe96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Albe96 Ad-Free
21st June 2018, 09:55 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you so much
I had been waiting years for a TWRP for J7 Plus. Thank you so much. idk if this works or not but I will give it a shot once I reach home. Thanks again. Btw how do i use the verity patcher?
21st June 2018, 10:18 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag /home/albe96

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recreation01

I had been waiting years for a TWRP for J7 Plus. Thank you so much. idk if this works or not but I will give it a shot once I reach home. Thanks again. Btw how do i use the verity patcher?

Flash it from TWRP.
21st June 2018, 02:01 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albe96

Flash it from TWRP.

thanks, it works perfectly! I hope more users can notice this.
21st June 2018, 02:03 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag /home/albe96

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recreation01

thanks, it works perfectly! I hope more users can notice this.

WOW.Maybe PM me with some screenshots! 😁 Glad to know
30th June 2018, 01:02 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Questions
1. Do we still need to reflash the boot image after booting to twrp again to avoid encryption?
2. Where do we need to put the boot img and magisk/superSU files if we're going to wipe the data, won't that be deleted as well hence with the internal storage?
3. Lastly, will the sd card be read? Because in the other twrps I've tried both internal and extsd will not read or not mountable.
Hope you'll respond ASAP
Thank you
30th June 2018, 02:42 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag /home/albe96

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreferableBird69

1. Do we still need to reflash the boot image after booting to twrp again to avoid encryption?
2. Where do we need to put the boot img and magisk/superSU files if we're going to wipe the data, won't that be deleted as well hence with the internal storage?
3. Lastly, will the sd card be read? Because in the other twrps I've tried both internal and extsd will not read or not mountable.
Hope you'll respond ASAP
Thank you

Did you flash no verity boot image patch after flashing twrp and before booting back to rom? You gotta flash that.
1st July 2018, 04:11 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albe96

Did you flash no verity boot image patch after flashing twrp and before booting back to rom? You gotta flash that.

I haven't tried it yet as I'm still not sure of the outcome of it. So what you're saying is that flash no verity first before fomatting the data?
1st July 2018, 12:38 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag /home/albe96

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreferableBird69

I haven't tried it yet as I'm still not sure of the outcome of it. So what you're saying is that flash no verity first before fomatting the data?

Just flash the no verity zip.then reboot the device.Then you're good to go what you want to do
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)