Search This thread

NonStickAtom785

Account currently disabled
Compatible Devices:
LG K8+
LG Aristo 2, 2+
LG K9
LG Phoenix 4

Thanks to @AustinGarrick1818 who discovered that this TWRP originally started and developed for the Aristo 2, by @messi2050 and @armandop_, then later updated to the latest version by @tecknight, was able to be flash on the Phoenix 4 leading to the idea that any cv1 device is cable of a ROOT method/TWRP Recovery.

Pre-Requisites:

USB Debugging Enabled

OEM Unlock Enabled

ADB/Fastboot Device Drivers

Your Phone/Brain

Hey guys! Just a heads up, I'm not responsible for any bricked devices or broken devices. So flash at your own risk! This TWRP has the Oreo Kernel from the Aristo 2's Oreo Firmware release.

Downloads

Instructions:

1. Install the ADB Drivers from above. If you have them don't bother. Just move on. If you don't then make sure to install them somewhere easily accessible, as your gonna want to get to them easily.

2. Place the TWRP image in the ADB Folder for later use and plug your phone into your PC. Then press (Shift+Right Click) and select "Open Command Prompt Here".

3. After that type the next few lines of code:

Code:
adb devices
Code:
adb reboot bootloader

4. It should boot into fastboot mode. From there type:
Code:
fasboot devices
Code:
fastboot flashing unlock

5. To prevent fastboot from encrypting cache and data type:
Code:
fastboot erase userdata
Code:
fastboot erase cache

6.Remember the Recovery image? Rename it to rec.img and flash it like this:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery rec.img

7. Now that you've flashed TWRP test it:
Code:
fastboot reboot recovery

NOTE: Anytime you boot up your phone you will get a message saying that the bootloader is locked and you need to lock it. Don't do it. If you do then you phone will soft brick and get stuck in a bootloop. Just let it boot.

8. If you did everything right you should be brought to TWRP.

PLEASE LEAVE A THANKS! THANKS! :D

Last edited:

tdawgg777

Oct 4, 2011
Downgrade?

Hey man thanks for pointing out that this will work with the all cv1 devices... I have the Aristo 2 on Metro... Is it possible to flash twrp while on the official Oreo firmware or do I have to downgrade to Nougat?

Last time I was on xda it was stated that you couldn't flash in fastboot while on official Oreo...

Reactions: AustinGarrick1818

NonStickAtom785

Hey man thanks for pointing out that this will work with the all cv1 devices... I have the Aristo 2 on Metro... Is it possible to flash twrp while on the official Oreo firmware or do I have to downgrade to Nougat?

Last time I was on xda it was stated that you couldn't flash in fastboot while on official Oreo...

Yah, it's still like that unfortunately. But you can downgrade to Nougat with LG Uppercut. You should just flash the TWRP on Nougat firmware because it's not locked. So when you downgrade just follow these steps to get Oreo. Also don't install Tec's version of Oreo Firmware. Just jump to my other thread for my Custom Stock ROM. Tec's flashes Oreo Firmware with Oreo Stock Rooted. But mine just flashes the nesassary Oreo Boot and System. The links on my signature.

By the way for anyone wondering the LG Phoenix 4 can be Rooted this way to.

Reactions: noidodroid
Nov 28, 2016
Compatible Devices:
LG K8+
LG Aristo 2, 2+
LG K9
LG Phoenix 4

Thanks to @AustinGarrick1818 who discovered that this TWRP originally started and developed for the Aristo 2, by @messi2050 and @armandop_, then later updated to the latest version by @tecknight, was able to be flash on the Phoenix 4 leading to the idea that any cv1 device is cable of a ROOT method/TWRP Recovery.

Pre-Requisites:
USB Debugging Enabled
OEM Unlock Enabled
Your Phone/Brain

Hey guys! Just a heads up, I'm not responsible for any bricked devices or broken devices. So flash at your own risk! This TWRP has the Oreo Kernel from the Aristo 2's Oreo Firmware release.

Downloads
Latest Recovery by @tecknight Here --> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603906754
Latest USB Drivers --> http://tool.cdn.gdms.lge.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=UW00120120425

Instructions:

1. Install the ADB Drivers from above. If you have them don't bother. Just move on. If you don't then make sure to install them somewhere easily accessible, as your gonna want to get to them easily.

2. Place the TWRP image in the ADB Folder for later use and plug your phone into your PC. Then press (Shift+Right Click) and select "Open Command Prompt Here".

NOTE: Anytime you boot up your phone you will get a message saying that the bootloader is locked and you need to lock it. Don't do it. If you do then you phone will soft brick and get stuck in a bootloop. Just let it boot.

If fastboot flashing unlock fails try fastboot oem unlock

Reactions: NonStickAtom785
Nov 28, 2016

As long as your bootloader is unlocked it won't be a problem at least on the LG Phoenix 4 it can have TWRP with Oreo

miuipower

Nov 26, 2013
murcia
www.lonasdigital.com
hello good night I can not enter bootloader mode I always reboot in normal mode the phone, I do it this way c: adb / adb reboot bootloader but I started normal tengop a lg k9 x210em I do not understand the truth any suggestion excuse my English

tazlooney89

Nov 10, 2011
Mexico D.F.
hello good night I can not enter bootloader mode I always reboot in normal mode the phone, I do it this way c: adb / adb reboot bootloader but I started normal, a lg k9 x210hm I do not understand the truth any suggestion

lugnut2099

Aug 8, 2016
Do we know anything about unbricking these phones? I've got a US Cellular K8+ (LG-X210ULM) that my wife accidentally bricked a while back while trying to flash TWRP (not this particular build, obviously). I think she said everything seemed fine and then on reboot...well, it just never turned on again. PC doesn't pick it up at all, no Qualcomm mode or anything. Based on that, I had assumed it was a lost cause that would take JTAG to bring back, and it may well be...

...but then I noticed something unusual the other day. For the hell of it, I decided to plug it into a charger and let it sit for a while. I got what I expected, which was nothing at all. Oh well. Anyway, I happened to be working with another X210 at the time but only had one battery handy, so I just popped the one out of the "dead" phone without unplugging it and went about with what I was doing. After about 5-10 minutes, something caught my eye - sure enough, the dead phone's screen was now on, displaying the "?" battery screen. I put the battery back into the phone and got unceremoniously dumped straight back to black nothingness. Oh well.

So yeah, the phone still doesn't seem to respond to anything when connected to the PC with no battery, so it's probably a no-go, but the fact that it still shows the no-battery screen tells me it's not quite *as* bricked as I thought it was at least. Any ideas? Are we lucky enough to do a boot-from-SD trick on this phone?

Nov 28, 2016
Do you happen to have anything for the lmx210cm?

Just created a whole EDL firmware for the Aristo 2 aka Phoenix 4. PM me for the links if you'd like a copy. I also found our prog_emmc_firehose_8917_ddr.mbn to flash with (it works)

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 AM ----------

I tested oreo and it works file

lofijera@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2019
Just created a whole EDL firmware for the Aristo 2 aka Phoenix 4. PM me for the links if you'd like a copy. I also found our prog_emmc_firehose_8917_ddr.mbn to flash with (it works)

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 AM ----------

Hi would mind telling how to flash that firmware amd whats the prog_+++++++ddr.mbn to flash i have aristo 2 android 8.1 metro and i cant do any flash in fastboot or root it anything you know about it will be appreciated so much...

tazlooney89

Nov 10, 2011
Mexico D.F.
@NonStickAtom785 Any solution to start fastboot mode, the phone? Whenever I try to start it from CMD the phone restarts normally, there is no way to get into fastboot mode.

I already probe manually, with combination of buttons, and it does not work either, the model is the LX210HM

NonStickAtom785

@NonStickAtom785 Any solution to start fastboot mode, the phone? Whenever I try to start it from CMD the phone restarts normally, there is no way to get into fastboot mode.

I already probe manually, with combination of buttons, and it does not work either, the model is the LX210HM

Have you tried installing the Aristo 2 firmware on your phone? In theory these phones have the same build and processors. Also in theory, but proven to work on some other cv1 devices (LG Phoenix 4), you should be able to flash Aristo 2 firmware and unlock your phone that way. I would also check your system.img to see if anything such as a security patch is in place to keep your phone from rebooting to the bootloader. You can backup the system.img manually and send me the img and I will look for anything that different from the Aristo 2 system.img.

Also by backing up the system.img and sending it to me, I can retrieve any "extra" carrier settings and add them to the cv1 img. I'm working on a full stock cv1 firmware img that will work on all the cv1 devices as a root strategy.

fisicarlo

May 2, 2019
I have Lg K9 ( lmx210em ) and it's IMPOSSIBLE enter in fastboot mode, either with key combinations, either with adb command... The phone always boot in normalk mode !!!
Download mode and recowery mode work properly, but fastboot mode DID NOT !!!

Compatible Devices:
LG K8+
LG Aristo 2, 2+
LG K9
LG Phoenix 4

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I'm assuming this will not work on the LG Aristo 2 Verizon PrePaid LM-X210VPP ? Or am i wrong? I have one here in inventory that just needs a new LCD and Digitizer ($20) and I was thinking about fixing it and modding it but worried about Verizon and the bootloader being locked. Have not found a lot of info on this device just yet so debating whether or not to keep / fix or get rid of it.

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Did anyone get this guys debrick package? And does it have the xml's already created? Either way I would like a copy. If someone can pm me a link to a download or email me it that would be awesome.

jdthomas4181

Jul 1, 2019
louisville ky
i installed twrp and rooted the lmx210cm however now when i boot i shows a black bar at bottom of screen... top of image is cut off and touch screen is unresponsive.... works fine in twrp... what did i do wrong?

tecknight

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
Redmi Note 9 Pro
OnePlus 8T
i installed twrp and rooted the lmx210cm however now when i boot i shows a black bar at bottom of screen... top of image is cut off and touch screen is unresponsive.... works fine in twrp... what did i do wrong?
The issue you describe appears to be caused by kernel incompatibilities between certain partitions of the phone.
The fact that TWRP does not have the screen glitching issue implies that the kernel embedded in the TWRP image you flashed IS compatible, but perhaps the kernel within your boot image is NOT.
My first question would be:
You mention that you rooted your phone from fastboot.
Did you:
1. patch the stock boot image on your phone or
2. flash a pre-rooted boot image to your boot partition or
3. Flash a pre rooted ROM to your phone
If you answered #2 or #3, then my secondary question would be:
Specifically which boot image or ROM did you flash to your phone ?

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

I'm assuming this will not work on the LG Aristo 2 Verizon PrePaid LM-X210VPP ? Or am i wrong? I have one here in inventory that just needs a new LCD and Digitizer ($20) and I was thinking about fixing it and modding it but worried about Verizon and the bootloader being locked. Have not found a lot of info on this device just yet so debating whether or not to keep / fix or get rid of it.

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Did anyone get this guys debrick package? And does it have the xml's already created? Either way I would like a copy. If someone can pm me a link to a download or email me it that would be awesome.

I did not get the edl package, but I really want it and of course his account is suspended.
Anybody have it ?
Also this method should be capable of working on your phone, as it is a cv1 device.
You may have to downgrade the firmware to Nougat before proceeding if the device is currently running Oreo.

If the device is currently running Oreo or later, you can downgrade the phone to Nougat using the LGUP utility

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Compatible Devices:
    LG K8+
    LG Aristo 2, 2+
    LG K9
    LG Phoenix 4

Pre-Requisites:

USB Debugging Enabled

OEM Unlock Enabled

Your Phone/Brain

Downloads

Instructions:

Code:
    adb devices
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

Code:
    fasboot devices
    Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock

Code:
    fastboot erase userdata
    Code:
    fastboot erase cache

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery rec.img

Code:
    fastboot reboot recovery

is there some way to put TWRP and for example GSI on PHOENIX 4 (X210AMP)? Android 8.1.0
    Downgrade?

Yah, it's still like that unfortunately. But you can downgrade to Nougat with LG Uppercut. You should just flash the TWRP on Nougat firmware because it's not locked. So when you downgrade just follow these steps to get Oreo. Also don't install Tec's version of Oreo Firmware. Just jump to my other thread for my Custom Stock ROM. Tec's flashes Oreo Firmware with Oreo Stock Rooted. But mine just flashes the nesassary Oreo Boot and System. The links on my signature.

By the way for anyone wondering the LG Phoenix 4 can be Rooted this way to.
    Good question. Are you able to OEM Unlock it from the Developer Settings? You go to Settings > About Phone and then click the Build Number line until it says Developer Settings unlocked. If OEM Unlocking is enabled in that menu then there is a possibility you could unlock the bootloader of that phone. Nobodies tested it yet.
    Yes. OEM Unlocking option is available in developer mode settings. But I tried flashing it via fastboot and it failed saying that bootloader is locked. Then after some Googling I found that LG W10 Alpha (LMX210LMW - India) doesn't support bootloader unlocking. Which means eventhough I unlock it via settings app, the phone's bootloader can't be unlocked.