[RECOVERY] TWRP 3.3.1 Lenovo Z6 Pro

280 posts
Thanks Meter: 204

By alexeei, Senior Member on 16th August 2019, 08:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th September 2019, 03:32 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 230

More
@alexei sir, can you make custom kernel or give way to our devices gets exfat support ?
15th November 2019, 11:40 AM |#12  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 1

More
this is twrp for Lenovo Z6 (not pro) ?
15th November 2019, 05:31 PM |#13  
Flag Bordeaux
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geepnozeex

this is twrp for Lenovo Z6 (not pro) ?

No this is Twrp for Z6 Pro ( L78051 )
17th November 2019, 11:44 PM |#14  
Flag The SIN City
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Very tempted to get this phone... has anyone try with phh’s GSI? Does under screen scanner works?
20th November 2019, 05:39 PM |#15  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeei

DISCLAIMER
As usual, you do anything described in this post at your own risk. No one but you is responsible for any data loss, bricking or damage of your device.

INSTALLATION:
Pre-Requirements

ADB means Android Debug Bridge, and it is software that you should always do have installed on your PC.

Pre-Requisite 1
Make sure that you have the drivers for your phone installed on your PC.
If not, you can download and install them from here

Pre-Requisite 2
You must also install: Minimal ADB & Fastboot, you can download the software
from here

Pre-Requisite 3
Your device needs this with unlocked bootloader

Pre-Requisite 4
Make sure you have enabled 'USB Debugging' and OEM Unlocking on your device
Settings -> Advanced settings -> Developer Options

PAY ATTENTION: If you do not see the Developer Options menu you need to do this:
Settings -> Device Info -> tap 6 or 7 times on the 'ZUI version' entry
A pop-up should appear, telling you 'now you are a developer'

And now, how to install:
1.Reboot phone to Fastboot mode (via adb -type adb reboot bootloader)
2.Download patched vbmeta and TWRP recovery
3.Extract it to folder with minimal adb and fastboot
4.Open cmd in this folder and type fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
5.Then type fastboot reboot bootloader
6.Type fastboot flash recovery twrp_3.3.1_decrypt_works_by_alexeei.img
7.Press volume - and select Reboot recovery, then press power button
8.Enjoy

What worked:
All functions (may be if not, please say). Also TWRP now see exFAT microsd.

Thanks wzsx150 for it's TWRP for Lenovo Z5 Pro GT, some decrypt stuff taken from it.

At step 4 I'm getting "fastboot: unknown option -- disable-verity"
Any idea?
Thanks
20th November 2019, 06:40 PM |#16  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeeye

At step 4 I'm getting "fastboot: unknown option -- disable-verity"
Any idea?
Thanks

NVM, just updated the adb tools and now everything is good
11th December 2019, 05:54 AM |#17  
Flag Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Restore stock bootloader?
Hello, I recently went through the whole process of unlocking bootloader, installing TWRP recovery and flashing ROM, and I am at version 11.0.350 ST ROW currently.
The ROM works fine, but now at every boot I am greeted by the "The boot loader is unlocked and software integrity cannot be guaranteed. <snip> Press power button to pause boot/continue" notice.
According to google, it's apparently a result of the bootloader unlocking process.
I tried to lock the bootloader again using "fastboot flashing lock", but then the phone stopped booting normally. It got stuck at the boot logo (which I believe means bricked?).
It wouldn't work until I unlocked bootloader and reflash the ROM.

So what I want to ask is, is it possible at this time to restore the bootloader to stock to avoid that "boot loader unlocked" notice and possibly become eligible for warranty again?
11th December 2019, 11:02 AM |#18  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagoromo

Hello, I recently went through the whole process of unlocking bootloader, installing TWRP recovery and flashing ROM, and I am at version 11.0.350 ST ROW currently.
The ROM works fine, but now at every boot I am greeted by the "The boot loader is unlocked and software integrity cannot be guaranteed. <snip> Press power button to pause boot/continue" notice.
According to google, it's apparently a result of the bootloader unlocking process.
I tried to lock the bootloader again using "fastboot flashing lock", but then the phone stopped booting normally. It got stuck at the boot logo (which I believe means bricked?).

So what I want to ask is, is it possible at this time to restore the bootloader to stock to avoid that "boot loader unlocked" notice and possibly become eligible for warranty again?

Share screenshot, I think this normal boot step when BL is unlocked on lenovo / Zuk phones.
11th December 2019, 03:46 PM |#19  
Flag Tokyo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjieb

Share screenshot, I think this normal boot step when BL is unlocked on lenovo / Zuk phones.

Here is the "The boot loader is unlocked..." screen:

And here's the boot loader:
26th December 2019, 06:06 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 204

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagoromo

Do you try flash qfil rom after lock bootloader?
The Following User Says Thank You to alexeei For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alexeei Ad-Free
27th December 2019, 02:49 AM |#21  
Flag Tokyo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeei

Do you try flash qfil rom after lock bootloader?

No, I did not. I flashed with fastboot using your installer_fastboot_11.0.350.rar ROM after having unlocked the bootloader.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lenovo-z6-pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)