By alexeei, Senior Member on 16th August 2019, 08:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th December 2019, 02:49 AM |#21  
Flag Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeei

Do you try flash qfil rom after lock bootloader?

No, I did not. I flashed with fastboot using your installer_fastboot_11.0.350.rar ROM after having unlocked the bootloader.
27th December 2019, 10:26 AM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 204

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagoromo

No, I did not. I flashed with fastboot using your installer_fastboot_11.0.350.rar ROM after having unlocked the bootloader.

I think flashing with qpst fixed your problem, try it.
27th December 2019, 10:52 AM |#23  
Flag Tokyo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeei

I think flashing with qpst fixed your problem, try it.

Okay, I will get to it this weekend. Got to backup stuffs before I begin tinkering again. Just want to make sure, I should lock the bootloader, then use QFIL to flash the same ROM right? By doing that I won't get this screen at boot anymore?

27th December 2019, 03:18 PM |#24  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Not sure, but this might be a boot menu screen that appear when BL is unlocked.
If so, there is nothing wrong with it, it might also enable you to choose if you want to boot to system, recovery, bootloader...

At least it was like that with Z2 pro.
27th December 2019, 04:10 PM |#25  
Flag Bordeaux
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Yes this screen is juste a warning about unlocking risk of the bootloader.
I have the same, no worry about this.
If you relock it must disapear but you have no more root , twrp or fastboot flash
28th December 2019, 02:21 AM |#26  
Flag Tokyo

More
Thank you all for the pointer. I managed to solve the problem I set out to do, but also found a little caveat.

So I used "fastboot flashing lock" to lock the bootloader, then put the phone to EDL mode (note for myself: both volume buttons down and then hold power button) and finally used QFIL to flash it using the L78051_ROW_SECURE_USER_Q00745.01_P_ROW_11.0.405_ST _191210_qpst.zip ROM from lolinet.

It worked perfectly. I tried rebooting normally and the "bootloader unlocked" was gone. I believe this will also allow me to receive OTA updates in the future.

The thing is, I dun goofed and forgot Google Authenticator was getting wiped along with everything else when I locked the bootloader, and it was responsible for 2FA for all services I use. I do have a Titanium Backup backup I made from before, but with the bootloader locked I don't think I can root the phone for Titanium Backup to work. So my next question is: Is it possible to root the Z6 Pro without unlocking bootloader?
28th December 2019, 01:12 PM |#27  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagoromo

Thank you all for the pointer. I managed to solve the problem I set out to do, but also found a little caveat.

So I used "fastboot flashing lock" to lock the bootloader, then put the phone to EDL mode (note for myself: both volume buttons down and then hold power button) and finally used QFIL to flash it using the L78051_ROW_SECURE_USER_Q00745.01_P_ROW_11.0.405_ST _191210_qpst.zip ROM from lolinet.

It worked perfectly. I tried rebooting normally and the "bootloader unlocked" was gone. I believe this will also allow me to receive OTA updates in the future.

The thing is, I dun goofed and forgot Google Authenticator was getting wiped along with everything else when I locked the bootloader, and it was responsible for 2FA for all services I use. I do have a Titanium Backup backup I made from before, but with the bootloader locked I don't think I can root the phone for Titanium Backup to work. So my next question is: Is it possible to root the Z6 Pro without unlocking bootloader?

Don't know where you're from but can you translate "I dun goofed" and 2FA for me?

To your point. No root without unlocked BL. Now I wasn't aware of that google authentificator thing. Can you not even choose to restore backups from a different phone?

I use CN rom, so no luxury to use google backup for me. Zui cloud actually does an ok job.
28th December 2019, 02:07 PM |#28  
Flag Tokyo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjieb

Don't know where you're from but can you translate "I dun goofed" and 2FA for me?

To your point. No root without unlocked BL. Now I wasn't aware of that google authentificator thing. Can you not even choose to restore backups from a different phone?

I use CN rom, so no luxury to use google backup for me. Zui cloud actually does an ok job.

Sorry, what I meant was that I messed up. 2FA is 2-factor authentication, when I sign into Github for example, aside from the username/password I would have to supply a one time code that the Google Authenticator app generates. Without it I would not be able to access whatever services I enabled 2FA.

Thanks for confirming that unlocked bootloader is required for root. In that case, I figure I will just unlock the bootloader again since I now know that it's possible to relock bootloader and have a working phone without that warning screen at boot, and I need the Google Authenticator app with previous settings back. Again thanks for all the help!
29th December 2019, 10:02 AM |#29  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Add updated twrp version in first post, update to latest twrp sources, it must works better. Attention! System backups from previous version twrp can't be restored with new version, so make new backup after install it.
7th January 2020, 12:18 PM |#30  

More
I am trying to adjust the width and height in the PUBG game
dpi Is there a way to adjust in the PUBG game?
14th January 2020, 06:19 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Uploaded new version twrp, now with support of decryption data in Q and GSI firmwarwes.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lenovo-z6-pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)