[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy A40

3,156 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,323

By fahadali2315, Senior Member on 17th September 2019, 01:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st January 2020, 10:20 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Alright' I think the issue is solved: after all action to have root, it was necessary to wipe again cache,dalvik,internal but without system. Then just restart and yet another done automatically and: voila
Many thanks for provided procedure, files and inspiration

Moreover - it's worth to note - this root is persistent and doesn't disappear after shutdown.

Regards!
BartSam.
18th February 2020, 07:41 PM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiri137

PERFECT ! WORKS excellent now. I'm writing this small noob-friendly tutorial so people can follow, I hope it's fool proof.

Step 0: Prereq
Download all the zip files from the main page on your phone and put them in the external SD card.

How to enable developer
Goto settings -> About Phone -> Software Information -> Tap "build number" 5 times

Enable OEM unlocking
Go back to Settings -> Developer options -> Enable "Oem unlocking" (if you do not see this option OR its grayed out try to connect your phone to internet, or follow this https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...s-100-t3823361)

Note: Enabling OEM unlock here does not mean your OEM is unlocked! This switch only allows you to unlock it..Also enable USB debugging.

Turn off your phone.

Next: hold UP + Power until you will see a green screen. It must say "Hold long up to OEM/bootloader unlock." Follow those steps, to unlock it.
Congrats, now your OEM is unlocked. Turn off your phone.

Install TWRP
Hold UP + Power again. In the screen select "wipe data (factory reset). Then select Turn off Phone (should be one of the lower options)

While phone is off, hold UP + DOWN volume and attach USB cable to your phone. It should go into download mode.

In Odin, put the TWRP_A40 image in AP
Un-tick Auto reboot in the options tab.

Remove usb cable.

Tricky part: hold 7 seconds down+power. As soon as screen goes black hold UP + power!
Now you should be in TWRP!!

Once inside TWRP
Flash all the zip files you downloaded to your SD card
Go back to main menu, select reboot -> Recovery. Then reboot normally.

Enjoy =) Android must now boot up normally.

So I followed the instructions above, but I can't seem to get it to actually boot into TWRP, the phone just keeps on rebooting (unless I press UP+DOWN with USB plugged in to get back into download). Odin always indicates it flashed successfully. I have uploaded photos here: https://imgur.com/a/JrdnV23

Any hints? Thanks!
21st February 2020, 12:16 AM |#123  

More
Your help is highly appreciated: I just tried to update to the new Magisk version on my rooted A40. Now it's stuck in boot-loop. Is there any possibility to get access to my data? I am running AGS1 firmware (July 2019 patch). Thanks in advance!
11th March 2020, 10:36 AM |#124  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Won't boot
Hi,
I installed TWRP without a problem. Used the multidisabler and then tried to install a Lingeaos ROM (GSI). Seems to works too.
But it won't boot the ROM. Whatever I try, even different versions and yes I'm using the right one (a/b?). It seems that flashing the ROM goes to fast maybe, its done in 20 seconds. No log, just a message that it is succesfull. I've got the latest stock image. Could that be the problem?
I installed Magisk too, and flashed it after installing the ROM and before installing.. but no effect. It wont boot. Restoring to stock works (thank god). Someone got an idea what to do next? Thanks!
15th March 2020, 11:37 PM |#125  
Flag Potato City
Thanks Meter: 142

More
hello, i flashed everything and I can't send anything to phone trought twrp or normal system.
Any soluition?
21st March 2020, 06:14 AM |#126  
Flag Narzole

More
Work on firmware of march, android Q?
23rd March 2020, 10:37 PM |#127  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryDM

So I followed the instructions above, but I can't seem to get it to actually boot into TWRP, the phone just keeps on rebooting (unless I press UP+DOWN with USB plugged in to get back into download). Odin always indicates it flashed successfully. I have uploaded photos here: https://imgur.com/a/JrdnV23

Any hints? Thanks!

I'm in the same situation. Did you find a solution?
23rd March 2020, 10:59 PM |#128  
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshibashi

I'm in the same situation. Did you find a solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeroin82

Work on firmware of march, android Q?

Use twrp from this thread.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sam...y-a40-t4025587
24th March 2020, 03:26 AM |#129  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thats just what I did but I can't geht into TWRP no more.
24th March 2020, 07:26 AM |#130  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshibashi

Thats just what I did but I can't geht into TWRP no more.

Did you remove boot.img from twrp tar?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
samsung-galaxy-a40

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)