K20-DESIGN.jpg

Code:
*** Disclamer
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

WARNING: The stock boot image has dm-verity, which prevents you from booting if you swipe to enable system modifications!
SOLUTION:
Flash a root such as SuperSU or phh-superuser. You can also flash no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip.

Supported Models :
TP260 & MP260

Prerequisites :
YOUR BOOTLOADER MUST BE UNLOCKED

How to unlock the bootloader :
1-enable oem unlock in the developer settings
2-reboot to fastboot [adb reboot bootloader] then issue this command [fastboot oem unlock]
note: this will wipe your data]
-If you have problems with the device drivers installed , you will need to install lg bridge, you can download it from here:
http://tool.lime.gdms.lge.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=PWZO7A26B9UW

How to flash Twrp:
BOOT INTO FASTBOOT MODE:
With your phone off, connect your usb cable to your phone while holding VOLUME DOWN to boot into fastboot mode or just type [adb reboot bootloader] in the adb terminal

ONCE YOU ARE IN FASTBOOT MODE:
Open a command prompt and type "fastboot flash recovery <path_to_recovery.img>” without the quotation marks.
Example: fastboot flash recovery C:/Users/John/Desktop/recovery.img
[don't forget to extract the downloaded recovery zip to get the recovery.img]

WHEN THE FLASH COMPLETES: (Takes about 2 seconds)
On your phone, unplug the usb cable and power it off by taking out the battery and putting it back in.

BOOT INTO RECOVERY MODE FOR THE FIRST TIME
HOLD VOLUME DOWN + POWER until you see the LG logo and then temporarily release the POWER button, immediately pressing and holding it back down until you see the white prompt [factory reset] screen. You will NEVER release the volume down button in this process!

Use the hard keys to select "YES" and then "YES" again to boot into TWRP

How to Disable encryption and flash super su [Install Root]:
1. In TWRP, go to Wipe > Format Data. Enter the keyword ‘yes‘, in the provided space and enter. This will wipe the automatically encrypted filesystem, and decrypt it.
2. Once the wiping is done, reboot back into recovery. Go to Reboot > Recovery.
3. When the recovery boots again, connect your phone to the PC and Enable MTP under the Mount section.
4. Transfer the downloaded ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-**.zip’ and ‘SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031.zip to your internal storage or EXTSD
5. Disconnect the device now.
6. Tap on Install. Now, navigate your phone’s storage and select ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-**.zip’. Finally swipe the ‘Swipe to confirm Flash’ button on the bottom of the screen.
7. The flashing process will merely take a few seconds. And when it’s done, follow the same method to flash the root package – SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031.zip [/B]
Wait 1 or 2 minutes after the zip files are done flashing then reboot system and PROFIT! Your phone may take 3-5 minutes to boot the first time and it might boot-loop once or twice at the Metro PCS splash screen but don’t worry this is expected.

Downloads :
https://www.mediafire.com/download/pednda2ck3mbha8
[Please do not mirror the downloads]

Additional Downloads :
SuperSU stable by Chainfire
dm-verity and force encryption disabler
Notice: After the TWRP splash screen you will see the option to type in the password to decrypt the filesystem just ignore it and press the cancel button.

Credits: Me, Teamwin

Please note I don't own this device, spend a lot of my time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from. so make sure to hit the thanks button and Consider to donate if you appreciate my work ;)
Paypal donation link: https://paypal.me/messi2050

Last edited:

Nathan4923

Apr 25, 2015
Clinton Twp
OnePlus 8 Pro
Now hopefully custom ROM development will start soon maybe not from Messi because he doesn't have the phone but maybe some one will since we finally have root and recovery i mean seriously it's a nice phone

Reactions: Justwhy
Jul 28, 2014
MP260?

Code:
*** Disclamer

WARNING: The stock boot image has dm-verity, which prevents you from booting if you swipe to enable system modifications!
SOLUTION:
Flash a root such as SuperSU or phh-superuser. You can also flash no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip.

Supported Models :
TP260 & MS260

Prerequisites :

-If you have problems with the device drivers installed , you will need to install lg bridge, you can download it from here:

How to flash Twrp:
BOOT INTO FASTBOOT MODE:
With your phone off, connect your usb cable to your phone while holding VOLUME DOWN to boot into fastboot mode or just type [adb reboot bootloader] in the adb terminal

Open a command prompt and type "fastboot flash recovery <path_to_recovery.img>” without the quotation marks.

On your phone, unplug the usb cable and power it off by taking out the battery and putting it back in.

HOLD VOLUME DOWN + POWER until you see the LG logo and then temporarily release the POWER button, immediately pressing and holding it back down until you see the white prompt [factory reset] screen. You will NEVER release the volume down button in this process!

Downloads :

Additional Downloads :
Notice: After the TWRP splash screen you will see the option to type in the password to decrypt the filesystem just ignore it and press the cancel button.

Please note I don't own this device and spend a lot of my free time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from So Please Consider donating using the link below if you appreciate my work :)
https://www.paypal.me/messi2050

Any way to get this working on the MP260 version??

Jul 28, 2014
@LandonCaviness
Yes it should work with both t mobile and metro variants :)

I tried it, but after flashing the recovery, i can't get it to boot into TWRP. The bootloader is unlocked.

After holding the volume down and power keys and selecting to factory reset, it says "Your device software cannot be checked for corruption. Lock the bootloader. PRESS THE POWER KEY TO CONTINUE. Your device will boot up automatically after a while."
After this, it begins to bootloop back and forth between the Metro boot logo and the previous message screen.

Last edited:

messi2050

Nov 1, 2012
I tried it, but after flashing the recovery, i can't get it to boot into TWRP. The bootloader is unlocked.

After holding the volume down and power keys and selecting to factory reset, it says "Your device software cannot be checked for corruption. Lock the bootloader. PRESS THE POWER KEY TO CONTINUE. Your device will boot up automatically after a while."
After this, it begins to bootloop back and forth between the Metro boot logo and the previous message screen.
You need to follow the instructions step by step and boot directly into twrp after flashing or the system will replace it with stock recovery.

Darknessence

Nov 9, 2010
Landon, it's almost like youre pumping the brake with power button. Hold volume down on reboot, when you see LG, do a click down on fingerprint button, let go, then hold depressed...boom.twrp.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

It happens within 5-7 seconds. Took me a couple tries but its $ after that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    K20-DESIGN.jpg

Code:
    *** Disclamer

SOLUTION:

Supported Models :
    TP260 & MP260

Prerequisites :

How to unlock the bootloader :
    1-enable oem unlock in the developer settings
    2-reboot to fastboot [adb reboot bootloader] then issue this command [fastboot oem unlock]
    note: this will wipe your data]

How to flash Twrp:
    BOOT INTO FASTBOOT MODE:

1. In TWRP, go to Wipe > Format Data. Enter the keyword ‘yes‘, in the provided space and enter. This will wipe the automatically encrypted filesystem, and decrypt it.
    2. Once the wiping is done, reboot back into recovery. Go to Reboot > Recovery.
    3. When the recovery boots again, connect your phone to the PC and Enable MTP under the Mount section.
    4. Transfer the downloaded ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-**.zip’ and ‘SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031.zip to your internal storage or EXTSD
    5. Disconnect the device now.
    6. Tap on Install. Now, navigate your phone’s storage and select ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-**.zip’. Finally swipe the ‘Swipe to confirm Flash’ button on the bottom of the screen.
    7. The flashing process will merely take a few seconds. And when it’s done, follow the same method to flash the root package – SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031.zip [/B]
    Wait 1 or 2 minutes after the zip files are done flashing then reboot system and PROFIT! Your phone may take 3-5 minutes to boot the first time and it might boot-loop once or twice at the Metro PCS splash screen but don’t worry this is expected.

Downloads :

Additional Downloads :

Credits: Me, Teamwin

Please note I don't own this device, spend a lot of my time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from. so make sure to hit the thanks button and Consider to donate if you appreciate my work ;)
    Paypal donation link: https://paypal.me/messi2050
    guys why you are not hitting the thanks button :D
    That certainly appears to be the case. I don't really know what to do from here. Maybe flashing back to stock and repeating the process?

It's better to flash the stock kdz again.
    MESSI!!

You are a straight savage!! Everything works perfectly! Come payday I will definitely be donating. Thank you for your hard work and quick response times!
    MP260?

Code:
    *** Disclamer

SOLUTION:

Supported Models :
    TP260 & MS260

Prerequisites :

How to flash Twrp:
    BOOT INTO FASTBOOT MODE:

Downloads :

Additional Downloads :

Please note I don't own this device and spend a lot of my free time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from So Please Consider donating using the link below if you appreciate my work :)
    https://www.paypal.me/messi2050

Any way to get this working on the MP260 version??