*** Disclamer * Your warranty is now void. * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
SOLUTION: Flash a root such as SuperSU or phh-superuser. You can also flash no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip.
YOUR BOOTLOADER MUST BE UNLOCKED
How to unlock the bootloader :
1-enable oem unlock in the developer settings
2-reboot to fastboot [adb reboot bootloader] then issue this command [fastboot oem unlock]
note: this will wipe your data]
How to flash Twrp:
BOOT INTO FASTBOOT MODE:
With your phone off, connect your usb cable to your phone while holding VOLUME DOWN to boot into fastboot mode or just type [adb reboot bootloader] in the adb terminal
ONCE YOU ARE IN FASTBOOT MODE:
Open a command prompt and type "fastboot flash recovery <path_to_recovery.img>” without the quotation marks.
Example: fastboot flash recovery C:/Users/John/Desktop/recovery.img
[don't forget to extract the downloaded recovery zip to get the recovery.img]
WHEN THE FLASH COMPLETES: (Takes about 2 seconds)
On your phone, unplug the usb cable and power it off by taking out the battery and putting it back in.
BOOT INTO RECOVERY MODE FOR THE FIRST TIME
HOLD VOLUME DOWN + POWER until you see the LG logo and then temporarily release the POWER button, immediately pressing and holding it back down until you see the white prompt screen. You will NEVER release the volume down button in this process!
Use the hard keys to select "YES" and then "YES" again to boot into TWRP
How to Disable encryption and flash super su
1. In TWRP, go to Wipe > Format Data. Enter the keyword ‘yes‘, in the provided space and enter. This will wipe the automatically encrypted filesystem, and decrypt it.
2. Once the wiping is done, reboot back into recovery. Go to Reboot > Recovery.
3. When the recovery boots again, connect your phone to the PC and Enable MTP under the Mount section.
4. Transfer the downloaded ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-2.1.zip’ and ‘SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031.zip to your internal storage or EXTSD
5. Disconnect the device now.
6. Tap on Install. Now, navigate your phone’s storage and select ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-2.1.zip’. Finally swipe the ‘Swipe to confirm Flash’ button on the bottom of the screen.
7. The flashing process will merely take a few seconds. And when it’s done, follow the same method to flash the root package – SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031.zip
Wait 1 or 2 minutes after the zip files are done flashing then reboot system and PROFIT! Your phone may take 3-5 minutes to boot the first time and it might boot-loop once or twice at the Metro PCS splash screen but don’t worry this is expected.
#1 build [17/10/2016]
#2 build [25/2/2017]
#2 build Changelog:
-fixed device gets wiped everytime you use the hardware buttons to boot into twrp [thanks to @Deltadroid @_that]
-fixed the need to wait for screen to time out to start using the recovery
-fixed flashing boot/recovery images through twrp
-built using latest twrp source.
[Please do not mirror the downloads]
Additional Downloads :
SuperSU stable by Chainfire
dm-verity and force encryption disabler
Notice: After the TWRP splash screen you will see the option to type in the password to decrypt the filesystem just ignore it and press the cancel button.
@!Led*Eyes! @Djoec1983 for being my testers
The Twrp team
Like my work?
consider donating. TY