FORUMS

[Release] Palm Debloat & Fixes Script [2020-03-11]

339 posts
Thanks Meter: 30
 
By snoopy20, Senior Member on 17th February 2020, 03:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th March 2020, 02:16 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
hi
will deleting all the bloatware from verizon make it unable to work on the CDMA network?
12th March 2020, 12:17 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Doubt it, should be fine.

Funny that mmid didn't show in journalctl but does show with dmesg. I'll make the change. I'll remove the boot animation as well. - CHANGES MADE

If you want to modify the script to ask the user whether they want to keep Google crap, I can add that.
17th March 2020, 06:17 PM |#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I'm just now trying to run this script, but I'm not all that familiar with running terminal scripts and I'm having an issue that I couldn't find the answer to. I'm rooted on the 1AMG software.

I keep getting "Read-only file system" errors, which searching tells me I have some permissions issues. The script says to grant access for Superuser, which I've done. Below is a screenshot of my terminal with the errors. I've received the same errors on Windows 10 and in Linux terminal on Chromebook.

https://imgur.com/a/XTkrHN8

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
18th March 2020, 05:38 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmrodden

I'm just now trying to run this script, but I'm not all that familiar with running terminal scripts and I'm having an issue that I couldn't find the answer to. I'm rooted on the 1AMG software.

I keep getting "Read-only file system" errors, which searching tells me I have some permissions issues. The script says to grant access for Superuser, which I've done. Below is a screenshot of my terminal with the errors. I've received the same errors on Windows 10 and in Linux terminal on Chromebook.

https://imgur.com/a/XTkrHN8

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

When the SU request came up did you grant or deny?

What happens when you run mount -o rw,remount /system?
18th March 2020, 08:50 PM |#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy20

When the SU request came up did you grant or deny?

What happens when you run mount -o rw,remount /system?

I have got the same "not permitted" problem
When I'm trying to mount the /system it says:
Code:
PS C:\adb\palm> adb shell
Pepito:/ $ mount -o rw,remount /system
mount: '/dev/block/platform/soc/7824900.sdhci/by-name/system' not user mountable in fstab
I've tried to execute ANY "palm.sh" commands manually:
Code:
Pepito:/ $ cd /sdcard && su - -c \"sh palm.sh\"
: sh palm.sh: not found
On any other command I'm getting "Read only" reply
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200318-224216[1].png
Views:	26
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	4974191  
18th March 2020, 09:28 PM |#16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy20

When the SU request came up did you grant or deny?

What happens when you run mount -o rw,remount /system?

I granted the SU request, and it shows as enabled within Magisk, just as it does in the screenshot in al07th's post above.

The mount -o rw,remount /system command you suggested gives the following responses when I tried:

https://imgur.com/i0UWfWx

This is all after having completely wiped the phone, restored to the latest stock firmware using Sugar (1AMGGFG0), and going through the whole process again with a fresh root.

Also wanted to mention that any commands involving the "/sdcard" folder usually result in an error. Only adding a second backslash ("/sdcard/") allows them to be accepted.
19th March 2020, 01:35 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmrodden

I granted the SU request, and it shows as enabled within Magisk, just as it does in the screenshot in al07th's post above.

The mount -o rw,remount /system command you suggested gives the following responses when I tried:

https://imgur.com/i0UWfWx

This is all after having completely wiped the phone, restored to the latest stock firmware using Sugar (1AMGGFG0), and going through the whole process again with a fresh root.

Also wanted to mention that any commands involving the "/sdcard" folder usually result in an error. Only adding a second backslash ("/sdcard/") allows them to be accepted.

>> So this fails - adb push push/palm.sh /sdcard
>> But this works? adb push push/palm.sh /sdcard/

Strange!

mount -o rw,remount /system -> you are not running as su, hence the error you have.

In the console enter su bash then run mount -o rw,remount /system and it should work without error.

This is what the cd /sdcard && su - -c "sh palm.sh" command is doing. Assuming everything is pushed already and you've in a su bash shell then you can cd to the /sdcard directory and run the palm.sh directly.
19th March 2020, 01:38 AM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by al07th

I have got the same "not permitted" problem
When I'm trying to mount the /system it says:

Code:
PS C:\adb\palm> adb shell
Pepito:/ $ mount -o rw,remount /system
mount: '/dev/block/platform/soc/7824900.sdhci/by-name/system' not user mountable in fstab
I've tried to execute ANY "palm.sh" commands manually:
Code:
Pepito:/ $ cd /sdcard && su - -c \"sh palm.sh\"
: sh palm.sh: not found
On any other command I'm getting "Read only" reply

If you don't have the script in the /sdcard directory you haven't run the exec.sh first. This implies you didn't look at the README.
19th March 2020, 02:41 AM |#19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy20

This implies you didn't look at the README.

No, I DID check your readme. It has the same description as your topic
When I'm trying to execute "exec.sh", I get this:
Code:
 C:\adb\palm> bash exec.sh
We're about to install some APKs. If you have ones you'd like to install stick them into apks/myapps now.
Ready?y
exec.sh: line 8: adb: command not found
exec.sh: line 11: adb: command not found
exec.sh: line 12: adb: command not found
exec.sh: line 13: adb: command not found
exec.sh: line 16: adb: command not found

That's why I've tried to execute "palm.sh" manually.
--------------------------------------------------

Executing
Code:
su -c mount -o rw,remount /system
su -c mount -o rw,remount /vendor
didn't resolve any problem.

I have manually added "palm.sh" to sdcard and executed it:

Code:
C:\adb\palm\push> adb shell
Pepito:/ $ cd /sdcard
Pepito:/sdcard $ su - -c "sh palm.sh"
Removing user installs...
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Removing system bloatware...
rm: YouTube: Device or resource busy
rm: AutoKillService.apk: Read-only file system
rm: AutoKillService.odex: Read-only file system
rm: AutoKillService.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: Fota.apk: Read-only file system
rm: Fota.odex: Read-only file system
rm: Fota.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: ConfigUpdater.apk: Read-only file system
rm: ConfigUpdater.odex: Read-only file system
rm: ConfigUpdater.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: GoogleBackupTransport.apk: Read-only file system
rm: GoogleBackupTransport.odex: Read-only file system
rm: GoogleBackupTransport.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: GoogleServicesFramework.apk: Read-only file system
rm: GoogleServicesFramework.odex: Read-only file system
rm: GoogleServicesFramework.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: StatementService.apk: Read-only file system
rm: StatementService.odex: Read-only file system
rm: StatementService.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: VerizonNameID.apk: Read-only file system
rm: VerizonNameID.odex: Read-only file system
rm: VerizonNameID.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: GmsCore.apk: Read-only file system
rm: GmsCore.odex: Read-only file system
rm: GmsCore.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: GmsCore.odex: Read-only file system
rm: GmsCore.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: TagGoogle.apk: Read-only file system
rm: TagGoogle.odex: Read-only file system
rm: TagGoogle.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: WiFiActivation.apk: Read-only file system
rm: WiFiActivation.odex: Read-only file system
rm: WiFiActivation.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: com.customermobile.preload.vzw.apk: Read-only file system
rm: com.customermobile.preload.vzw.odex: Read-only file system
rm: com.customermobile.preload.vzw.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: Elabel.apk: Read-only file system
rm: Elabel.odex: Read-only file system
rm: Elabel.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: GoogleFeedback.apk: Read-only file system
rm: GoogleFeedback.odex: Read-only file system
rm: GoogleFeedback.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: GoogleOneTimeInitializer.apk: Read-only file system
rm: GoogleOneTimeInitializer.odex: Read-only file system
rm: GoogleOneTimeInitializer.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: GooglePartnerSetup.apk: Read-only file system
rm: GooglePartnerSetup.odex: Read-only file system
rm: GooglePartnerSetup.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: Phonesky.apk: Read-only file system
rm: Phonesky.odex: Read-only file system
rm: Phonesky.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: SetupWizardOverlay.apk: Read-only file system
rm: SetupWizardOverlay.odex: Read-only file system
rm: SetupWizardOverlay.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: SetupWizard.apk: Read-only file system
rm: SetupWizard.odex: Read-only file system
rm: SetupWizard.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: VZWAPNLib.apk: Read-only file system
rm: VZWAPNLib.odex: Read-only file system
rm: VZWAPNLib.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: VZWAPNLib.odex: Read-only file system
rm: VZWAPNLib.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: Velvet.apk: Read-only file system
rm: Velvet.odex: Read-only file system
rm: Velvet.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: verizon-llk-agent.odex: Read-only file system
rm: verizon-llk-agent.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: verizon-llk-agent.apk: Read-only file system
mv: bad '/data/app/rkr.simplekeyboard.inputmethod-*': No such file or directory
Removing Verizon traces...
Removing Unsold-product-on-shelf battery decay limit...
Removing adb debugging nag
Done! - rebooting.

Still getting 'Read-only file system' even though /system /vendor was mounted with no errors.
--------------------------------------------------
After reboot i got multiple system.android stopped working
'Erase all data (factory reset)' "bricked" the phone on Verizon's welcome screen 'initialization'. Whatever app is needed for the fresh setup - needs to be freezed, not deleted.

To anyone who have executed the script I do not recommend doing 'Erase all data (factory reset)' on your device. Otherwise you'll be forced to flash and root the firmware again (in case you did make a rooted backup).
--------------------------------------------------
19th March 2020, 02:37 PM |#20  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy20

>> So this fails - adb push push/palm.sh /sdcard
>> But this works? adb push push/palm.sh /sdcard/

Yes, exactly. Here is a screenshot showing the results of both commands: https://imgur.com/9QqSxwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy20

mount -o rw,remount /system -> you are not running as su, hence the error you have.

In the console enter su bash then run mount -o rw,remount /system and it should work without error.

Thank you. The su bash command did seem to allow the mount -o rw,remount /system to execute correctly without errors, but the rm commands in the palm.sh script still result in "Read-only file system" errors. You can see in the below screenshot all the commands I entered.

https://imgur.com/ztAjkdc
19th March 2020, 06:06 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by al07th

I have got the same "not permitted" problem
When I'm trying to mount the /system it says:

Code:
PS C:\adb\palm> adb shell
Pepito:/ $ mount -o rw,remount /system
mount: '/dev/block/platform/soc/7824900.sdhci/by-name/system' not user mountable in fstab
I've tried to execute ANY "palm.sh" commands manually:
Code:
Pepito:/ $ cd /sdcard && su - -c \"sh palm.sh\"
: sh palm.sh: not found
On any other command I'm getting "Read only" reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by al07th

No, I DID check your readme. It has the same description as your topic
When I'm trying to execute "exec.sh", I get this:

Code:
 C:\adb\palm> bash exec.sh
We're about to install some APKs. If you have ones you'd like to install stick them into apks/myapps now.
Ready?y
exec.sh: line 8: adb: command not found
exec.sh: line 11: adb: command not found
exec.sh: line 12: adb: command not found
exec.sh: line 13: adb: command not found
exec.sh: line 16: adb: command not found

That's why I've tried to execute "palm.sh" manually.
--------------------------------------------------

Executing
Code:
su -c mount -o rw,remount /system
su -c mount -o rw,remount /vendor
didn't resolve any problem.

I have manually added "palm.sh" to sdcard and executed it:

Code:
C:\adb\palm\push> adb shell
Pepito:/ $ cd /sdcard
Pepito:/sdcard $ su - -c "sh palm.sh"
Removing user installs...
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Failure [not installed for 0]
Removing system bloatware...
rm: YouTube: Device or resource busy
rm: AutoKillService.apk: Read-only file system
rm: AutoKillService.odex: Read-only file system
rm: AutoKillService.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: Fota.apk: Read-only file system
rm: Fota.odex: Read-only file system
rm: Fota.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: ConfigUpdater.apk: Read-only file system
rm: ConfigUpdater.odex: Read-only file system
rm: ConfigUpdater.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: GoogleBackupTransport.apk: Read-only file system
rm: GoogleBackupTransport.odex: Read-only file system
rm: GoogleBackupTransport.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: GoogleServicesFramework.apk: Read-only file system
rm: GoogleServicesFramework.odex: Read-only file system
rm: GoogleServicesFramework.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: StatementService.apk: Read-only file system
rm: StatementService.odex: Read-only file system
rm: StatementService.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: VerizonNameID.apk: Read-only file system
rm: VerizonNameID.odex: Read-only file system
rm: VerizonNameID.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: GmsCore.apk: Read-only file system
rm: GmsCore.odex: Read-only file system
rm: GmsCore.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: GmsCore.odex: Read-only file system
rm: GmsCore.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: TagGoogle.apk: Read-only file system
rm: TagGoogle.odex: Read-only file system
rm: TagGoogle.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: WiFiActivation.apk: Read-only file system
rm: WiFiActivation.odex: Read-only file system
rm: WiFiActivation.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: com.customermobile.preload.vzw.apk: Read-only file system
rm: com.customermobile.preload.vzw.odex: Read-only file system
rm: com.customermobile.preload.vzw.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: Elabel.apk: Read-only file system
rm: Elabel.odex: Read-only file system
rm: Elabel.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: GoogleFeedback.apk: Read-only file system
rm: GoogleFeedback.odex: Read-only file system
rm: GoogleFeedback.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: GoogleOneTimeInitializer.apk: Read-only file system
rm: GoogleOneTimeInitializer.odex: Read-only file system
rm: GoogleOneTimeInitializer.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: GooglePartnerSetup.apk: Read-only file system
rm: GooglePartnerSetup.odex: Read-only file system
rm: GooglePartnerSetup.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: Phonesky.apk: Read-only file system
rm: Phonesky.odex: Read-only file system
rm: Phonesky.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: SetupWizardOverlay.apk: Read-only file system
rm: SetupWizardOverlay.odex: Read-only file system
rm: SetupWizardOverlay.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: SetupWizard.apk: Read-only file system
rm: SetupWizard.odex: Read-only file system
rm: SetupWizard.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: VZWAPNLib.apk: Read-only file system
rm: VZWAPNLib.odex: Read-only file system
rm: VZWAPNLib.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: VZWAPNLib.odex: Read-only file system
rm: VZWAPNLib.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: Velvet.apk: Read-only file system
rm: Velvet.odex: Read-only file system
rm: Velvet.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: verizon-llk-agent.odex: Read-only file system
rm: verizon-llk-agent.vdex: Read-only file system
rm: verizon-llk-agent.apk: Read-only file system
mv: bad '/data/app/rkr.simplekeyboard.inputmethod-*': No such file or directory
Removing Verizon traces...
Removing Unsold-product-on-shelf battery decay limit...
Removing adb debugging nag
Done! - rebooting.

Still getting 'Read-only file system' even though /system /vendor was mounted with no errors.
--------------------------------------------------
After reboot i got multiple system.android stopped working
'Erase all data (factory reset)' "bricked" the phone on Verizon's welcome screen 'initialization'. Whatever app is needed for the fresh setup - needs to be freezed, not deleted.

To anyone who have executed the script I do not recommend doing 'Erase all data (factory reset)' on your device. Otherwise you'll be forced to flash and root the firmware again (in case you did make a rooted backup).
--------------------------------------------------

I thought I stated you can't do erase all data after running this script, but I need to make it more obvious.

If /system and /vendor are remounted with -o rw without error then you're guaranteed to have write access, so something doesn't look right here at all.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
palm-palm

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes