FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Remove Galaxy A40 bloatware

30 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By joaofl, Member on 12th August 2019, 11:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have just acquired a Samsung Galaxy A40 phone. In my opinion, it has one of the best size/price/performance ratios on the market, reason why I bough it.

However, one very sad point about it is that there is still no LineageOS or any other custom ROMs to this phone, forcing myself to stick to the Samsung ultra-bloated distribution.

Having to accept this fact, my first action was to clean the phone the best I could, by removing any unnecessary crap from Sansumg and others from Google, Linkedin, Facebook and anything not strictly necessary. I based my list on some available (find ref on the script), but I also added some other useful commands.

Let me know if this works out for you, and if you have any point to add to the list. Find it attached on the Gist below:
https://gist.github.com/joaofl/7671e...8992d6694a33d9

Before running it, I recommend reading the comments on the scrip, so that you dont end up without keyboard for example.

Hope it suites you!

By the way, do you have any information on when or if there is anybody working on a custom ROM (Lineage preferably) for this device?

14th August 2019, 05:53 AM |#2  
Flag monteverde.org
Thanks Meter: 1,946

More
Phone Disabling Galaxy A40 bloatware
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaofl

...clean the phone the best I could, by removing any unnecessary crap from Sansumg and others...

Instead of removing system apps you can simply disable them which is easily reversible.

If the Disable button is grayed-out in the Settings > App > app's info see this XDA article: How to disable any pre-installed system app bloatware on Android without root using adb
16th August 2019, 04:45 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaofl

I have just acquired a Samsung Galaxy A40 phone. In my opinion, it has one of the best size/price/performance ratios on the market, reason why I bough it.

However, one very sad point about it is that there is still no LineageOS or any other custom ROMs to this phone, forcing myself to stick to the Samsung ultra-bloated distribution.

Having to accept this fact, my first action was to clean the phone the best I could, by removing any unnecessary crap from Sansumg and others from Google, Linkedin, Facebook and anything not strictly necessary. I based my list on some available (find ref on the script), but I also added some other useful commands.

Let me know if this works out for you, and if you have any point to add to the list. Find it attached on the Gist below:
https://gist.github.com/joaofl/7671e...8992d6694a33d9

Before running it, I recommend reading the comments on the scrip, so that you dont end up without keyboard for example.

Hope it suites you!

By the way, do you have any information on when or if there is anybody working on a custom ROM (Lineage preferably) for this device?

I need root permissions to do this
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bloatware, clean, samsung-galaxy-a40

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)