FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

VoLTE in Lenovo Vibe K5 and Vibe K5 plus for Custom ROM

311 posts
Thanks Meter: 174

By netship, Senior Member on 13th December 2016, 06:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I Own Lenovo k5 plus (a6020a46 2 GB Indian variant). In India VoLTE is important for us, We have many Custom ROM thanks to
@scritch007, @Shreps and @Dreamstar, @Luiz Paulo Damaceno for kernels.
So it is polite request to all devs, please make VoLTE compatible with Custom ROM.
Here is captured OTA of VoLTE of device A6020a46 2GB
GDrive, Filedropper
Thanks to @brajesh143 for OTA

On Side Note, I extract zipped folder and there is file named 'NON-HLOS.bin.p' under firmware update folder.
I googled and found to enable VoLTE we need to flash 'NON-HLOS.bin.p' with fastboot , which I think is modem/radio.
I need expert advice on this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to netship For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift netship Ad-Free

13th December 2016, 06:57 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by netship

I Own Lenovo k5 plus (a6020a46 2 GB Indian variant). In India VoLTE is important for us, We have many Custom ROM thanks to
So it is polite request to all devs, please make VoLTE compatible with Custom ROM.
GDrive, Filedropper

On Side Note, I extract system.patch.dat and there is file named 'NON-HLOS.bin.p' under firmware update folder.
I googled and found to enable VoLTE we need to flash 'NON-HLOS.bin.p' with fastboot , which I think is modem/radio.

Upload the extracted files here thanks
13th December 2016, 07:51 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajesh143

Upload the extracted files here thanks

Just extract zipped then extract system.zip their you find bin file under folder name firmware update.
Sorry for confusion.
18th December 2016, 10:40 AM |#4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 3,801

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

GDrive, Filedropper

On Side Note, I extract zipped folder and there is file named 'NON-HLOS.bin.p' under firmware update folder.

Best for us would be a TWRP backup of your whole system and boot after the upgrade has been done. So we will be able to extract files we need.

We can't do many thing with the OTA (mainly because it's for a variant we don't own).

Thx.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shreps For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2016, 10:53 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreps

Best for us would be a TWRP backup of your whole system and boot after the upgrade has been done. So we will be able to extract files we need.

We can't do many thing with the OTA (mainly because it's for a variant we don't own).

Thx.

Currently, I don't have mobile for this months, I gave it to my sister.
I will upload when I go home.

@bik95122, @brajesh143, @Hnk1 and all indian vibe k5 users which have vibe k5 plus please upload twrp backup
18th December 2016, 12:37 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Quote:

Thx.

here is the qpst flashable link
http://lenovo-forums.ru/topic/21889-..._16g_row_qpst/
This is the volte version with full system and boot

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Quote:

Currently, I don't have mobile for this months, I gave it to my sister.
I will upload when I go home.

@bik95122, @brajesh143, @Hnk1 and all indian vibe k5 users which have vibe k5 plus please upload twrp backup

here is the qpst flashable link
http://lenovo-forums.ru/topic/21889-..._16g_row_qpst/
This is the volte version with full system and boot
The Following User Says Thank You to brajesh143 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brajesh143 Ad-Free
2nd January 2017, 02:42 AM |#7  
Flag Vadodara
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Quote:

Thx.

I have just taken backup of s102 firmware(system + boot) by twrp which has volte enabled for lenovo vibe k5 (a6020a40) it has been uploaded on mega.. Link is below.. Hopefully it will help you sir.. @Shreps
Link..
https://mega.nz/#!qtZFQDLb!udeBTpXCW...Ohok8Simubk9Hw
13th January 2017, 07:19 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
vibe k5 volte upgrade
sir , i have just installed twrp recovery in my vibe k5 and downloaded above falshable zip file through link provided by you.

What should i do next to upgrade my phone to volte

Thank you.
13th January 2017, 07:43 AM |#9  
Flag Vadodara

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmendr

sir , i have just installed twrp recovery in my vibe k5 and downloaded above falshable zip file through link provided by you.

What should i do next to upgrade my phone to volte

Thank you.

Which firmware you are running on? Stock rom?
3rd February 2017, 06:04 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Pls reply .... I have lenovo vibe k5 plus 3gb ram and i was installed cm 14.1 in my mobile.then how to install volte in manual.pls help me
3rd February 2017, 06:51 PM |#11  
Flag Vadodara

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagavijay

Pls reply .... I have lenovo vibe k5 plus 3gb ram and i was installed cm 14.1 in my mobile.then how to install volte in manual.pls help me

There's s105 firmware on moto.shreps.fr website. Just flash it by use of qpst-qfil or lenovo smart assistant by use of pc. Volte modem will get activated. Then flash custom ROMs.
Note: lenovo smart assistant is easier then qfil tool.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
Vibe-K5, k5-plus

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)