FORUMS

[ROM] [MIUIv5-4.8.29] For Archos 50 neon [MT6582] [4.2.2JB] [CTRv2.7]

22 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Mar974: MIUI For Archos 50 neon
Quote:

*Proceed at your own risk.
*I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead sd cards.
*I'ts only compatible with Archos 50 neon not 50b & 50c or 45

Hello I just ported MIUI for the Archos 50 neon from this rom : [ROM] [MIUIv5-4.8.29] [MT6582] For Innjoo i1 ALL credits to @arnabgharay , @SAM209 & Xiaomi

I also ported CarlivTouchRecovery v2.7 for the Archos 50 neon only not 50b,50c or 45

-Features:
*100% Pure fully functional MIUI.
*Everything working and tested : RIL,Camera,WIFI,Bluetooth,sensors,Sound.USB,and anything you can think of.
*Very smooth with no lag.

-Changelog:
~1.0~initial release~
fix the 1GB of ram problem of @SAM209 ROM it shows 515 MB

-Bugs:
1-only english is fully supported, other languages are'nt fully displayed
2-You tell me.

-Screenshots:
phone infohome

-Instructions:
1-Root your device. (for me i used this tutorial)
2-Install CTR Recovery (Use Flashify to flash the recovery.img or this tutorial(but fastboot doesnt work on my Archos))
3-Backup your current ROM using CTR or the original factory stock rom can be found here.
4-Download the ROM.
5-Copy miui_4.8.29_a50ne_4.2.2JB_Mar974.zip to your SD card.
6-Turn Off your device.
7-Boot to CTR using Volume down + power button combo.
8-Wipe Menu > Wipe Data - Factory Reset > Wipe Cache > Wipe Dalvik Cache .
9-Select "Install zip from SD card" select the ROM .zip, have a cup of coffee or whatever and wait for it to finish (play minecraft ... no it's a joke ).
10-Reboot & set-up MIUI.
11-Flash Gapps like step 9.
11-Reboot and enjoy.

-Downloads:
miui_4.8.29_a50ne_4.2.2JB_Mar974.zip or mirror
CTRv2.7 for JB 4.2.2 or mirror for archos 50 neon only not 50b , 50c &45

-Credits:
- Xiaomi : For creating MIUI in the first place.
- @arnabgharay & @SAM209 : For MIUI rom that I used as a base .
- @carliv for the recovery.
- Archos for the stock rom and phone.
Please report any bugs you find & request any modifications you'd like.

Give me a thanks does not kill you

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] [MIUIv5-4.8.29] For Archos 50 neon [MT6582] [4.2.2JB] [CTRv2.7], ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
Mar974, SAM209, arnabgharay, Xiaomi
Source Code: http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...oo-i1-t2988125

ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock JB 4.2.2
Based On: MIUI

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1
Stable Release Date: 2015-09-24

Created 2015-09-24
Last Updated 2015-09-25
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mar974 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mar974 Ad-Free
24th September 2015, 10:16 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Flag Saint Gilles

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
3rd December 2015, 05:07 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello guys! I have a problema with my 50 Neon device. I have bricked it with a bad rom flashing. I am trying to find the stock firmware to be installed with sp flashtool instead of recovery. My computer detect it as modem so i think i can flash it with this tool. But the room on the Archos web is only to be flashed via recovery.
Coudl you give me a hand? I am desesperated.

Thanks to all of you and sorry for my horrible english...
4th December 2015, 09:33 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Saint Gilles

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alquick

Hello guys! I have a problema with my 50 Neon device. I have bricked it with a bad rom flashing. I am trying to find the stock firmware to be installed with sp flashtool instead of recovery. My computer detect it as modem so i think i can flash it with this tool. But the room on the Archos web is only to be flashed via recovery.
Coudl you give me a hand? I am desesperated.

Thanks to all of you and sorry for my horrible english...

Hello try to flash CWM with MTK droid tool folowing this tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEFcsQ8gC1E using the boot.img from the stock rom zip from Archos.
and you can flash the boot.img and recovery.img with sp flash tool : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R36ssKt6V4 using the stock rom from archos.

and What is your OS ? i know that they are some problem with windows 8 or 10 better use windows 7

Hope i helped you.
4th March 2016, 10:02 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hey,
thank you very much for the amazing project, it works just fine.
I wonder where can i find/add an icon to open up the menu which includes all programs installed?
Kindly advise
21st April 2016, 06:23 PM |#6  

More
my archos 50 neon is stock on bootlop and on cwm i cant connect to my pc please help me
14th July 2016, 12:19 PM |#7  

More
Thank you and all people involved with it for developing a custom rom for archos 50 neon. I flashed your custom rom after i accidentally kind of killed my android (dont ask why, its a stupid reason). It works really fine
I am happy with it. It has some function I always wanted to have on my phone, but couldnt and admired other phones for that.
A question : In the changelog you wrote that you fixed some 1 GB RAM problem, that it showed 515 MB RAM. What is that about ? I didnt really understand what you mean with that. My Phone shows 515 MB
25th August 2016, 08:38 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
PLEASE GUYS, can i get an upgrade for my archos 50neon jellybean to lollipop or marshmallow?

thanks.

the custom rom and recovery would be appreciated. **THUMBSUP**
25th August 2016, 09:01 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Saint Gilles

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOLLYNERY

PLEASE GUYS, can i get an upgrade for my archos 50neon jellybean to lollipop or marshmallow?

thanks.

the custom rom and recovery would be appreciated. **THUMBSUP**

Sorry since Archos didn't develop Android 4.4 for this phone i cannot port any other rom
The Following User Says Thank You to Mar974 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mar974 Ad-Free
26th August 2016, 12:36 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Upgrade 50neon
Thanks bro.
So it means I have to stick to this one posted here huh?
One more question. I observed that when I signed into my Gmail account with this archos 50neon, Gmail sent me a security message saying that I an ACER ICONIA just signed in to tat account . What can you say about that ? I HD be been thinking about the compatibility of Acer iconia ROM on this archos 50neon.
And wat is @Rumeya talkin about .
26th August 2016, 12:50 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Flag Saint Gilles

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOLLYNERY

Thanks bro.
So it means I have to stick to this one posted here huh?
One more question. I observed that when I signed into my Gmail account with this archos 50neon, Gmail sent me a security message saying that I an ACER ICONIA just signed in to tat account . What can you say about that ? I HD be been thinking about the compatibility of Acer iconia ROM on this archos 50neon.
And wat is @Rumeya talkin about .

I will try to port more ROMS maybe later but still in 4.2.2 because the bootloader 4.2.2 is not compatible with 4.4.4 or later and Archos will not devellop any new rom for this phone
The Acer iconia use the same SoC so google maybe mess up or the ROM i port come from an acer iconia didn't know cause i find a working ROM that i can port from here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...oo-i1-t2988125

Porting ROM for mt6582 SoC is really simple since Archos give us the stock 4.2.2 ROM with recovery.img and all the system files i will try to port 4.4.4 rom but I'm afraid of briking the phone cause the bootloader is not mean for.

Hope you will find this ROM better than the stock and i cannot promise to make any new ROM since this phone is not mine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mar974 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mar974 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
archos 50 neon, miui, rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)