Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
with Viper4Arise v184.108.40.206 Audio Enhancement
& Google Assistant
Your warranty is now void by proceeding. Flashing your device's partitions or modifying its stock configuration poses an inherent risk of permanently damaging your device. By proceeding further, you are absolving me of any liability in the event your device is damaged or rendered inoperable. You -- and you alone -- are solely responsible for your device. Follow the instructions carefully and things should go smoothly.
As its name implies -- Ethereal -- this stock-based Lollipop ROM is very light weight & refined. It combines a pure stock experience with several features and enhancements beyond those of which are included by the manufacturer & service provider. Furthermore, this ROM has been debloated, and freed of those pesky /system apps for which many of us have no need or wish. However, should you have the need for those apps, I will eventually be providing a download link for the /system APKs that I removed.
In order to flash this ROM to your device, TWRP custom recovery must be installed. While it is possible to flash this ROM using an on-device flashing utility, such as Flashfire, these instructions will be geared towards custom recovery. If you do not have TWRP already installed on your Alcatel Ideal, simply search the XDA threads for the files and instructions to do so.
Android Version: 5.1.1 Lollipop
Build No. Ethereal-OS v1.1
Kernel Version: 3.10.49-g3d12fcb
Android Security Patch Level: June 1, 2017
Baseband Version: MSM8909.LA.1.1.c7.1-113370119
Build Date: August 15, 2017 15:22.26 EST
Pre-rooted with SuperSU v2.82-SR3;
Google Pixel (Dark Mod) boot & shutdown animation;
June 1, 2017 Android Security Patches;
Insecure boot support;
Google Pixel Camera
Android System WebView
Google Search & Google Voice Search
Google Assistant Launcher
Gboard - Google Keyboard
Dolby Digital Plus v1.0
Viper4Arise v220.127.116.11 with FET Compression, FIREqualizer & Convolver
NEON Audio Drivers v18.104.22.168
Sony Music App v9.3.10.A.0.7
Sony TrackID Music v22.214.171.124.20
VLC Media Player v2.1.15
UI & UTILITY APPLICATIONS:
MIXplorer File Manager v6.18.6
SuperSU Root Manager v2.82
Kernel Adiutor-Mod v1.0 (02-28-2017)
Nova Launcher v5.3
Pixel Dark Icon Pack v1.8
Pixel Icon Pack v1.1.3
Quick Reboot Pro
Fast Cleaner v3.2.8
1. Download the ROM and save it to internal storage or, preferably,
an external micro-SD card;
2. Boot your device into TWRP recovery;
3. Perform a full wipe (/data, dalvik, /system & /cache). NOTE: If you saved the ROM zip on internal storage, DO NOT wipe internal storage. If you saved the ROM zip to external storage, format your /data partition;
4. Select INSTALL from TWRP's main menu, navigate to the storage location of the ROM zip,
select the file, and swipe to commence with installation. The process will take around two minutes;
5. When installation completes, to prevent possible boot looping, wipe cache & dalvik cache. Reboot system. NOTE: first boot may take several minutes. Do not interrupt the process and be patient. Subsequent boot ups will occur much faster.
6. After completing initial setup and signing in with your Google account, it is very important to go ahead and update Google Play Services and all GApps which require updates through the Play Store. This step is important to ensure proper functionality of the Google Assistant Launcher.
KERNEL SOURCE CODE:
When reporting a bug, if you are not submitting a bug report, please provide, with as much specificity as possible, the exact nature of the bug. Screenshots can be helpful as well.
I am in the process of adding more features to this ROM, such as the CyanogenMod 12.1 Theme Engine interface or Substratum OMS management. I was not able to implement theming just yet, due to my wishes to get this beta release posted as early as possible.
THANKS & MENTIONS:
I'd like to thank @Chainfire for his ceaseless development of SuperSU. Thanks to TeslaCoil Software for Nova Launcher. Thanks to Hootan Parsa for the best file management app on the planet: MIXplorer. Thanks to @Stericson for BusyBox. Thanks to Viper Acoustic for Viper4Arise for Android, and thanks to Dolby Technologies for Dolby Digital Plus.
I would also like to mention and say thanks to @scohut for his assistance and advice on this project.
Ethereal-OS v1.1-beta: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1S...w?usp=drivesdk