[ROM][5.1.1]Ethereal-OS v1.1 -- Custom (Stock-Based) ROM for Alcatel Ideal (4060A)

Search This thread
Sir I dont Think I neeed that part

I dont even use my 2 Alcatel 4060a Ideals with sim cards sir, I use them as computers and as webcams for streaming and as IP TELEPHONES with HangOuts. May I have the rom like it is? Or is it something that would still affect even my usage? Thankyou and sorry to bother you. BTW I am working on breaking a world record and I will succeed it seems any day now. Your work has helped me a great deal and tho I am poverty stricken I WILL be famous and well off if not wealthy. I will not forget your help or ANYONE that does even the smallest kindness (it's not hard... very few ppl are kind these days). Thanks again sir and even tho I practice 10 hours a day minimum, wish me luck hehe...pls :)

Reactions: ESzn

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
I dont even use my 2 Alcatel 4060a Ideals with sim cards sir, I use them as computers and as webcams for streaming and as IP TELEPHONES with HangOuts. May I have the rom like it is? Or is it something that would still affect even my usage? Thankyou and sorry to bother you. BTW I am working on breaking a world record and I will succeed it seems any day now. Your work has helped me a great deal and tho I am poverty stricken I WILL be famous and well off if not wealthy. I will not forget your help or ANYONE that does even the smallest kindness (it's not hard... very few ppl are kind these days). Thanks again sir and even tho I practice 10 hours a day minimum, wish me luck hehe...pls :)
Yes, I can compile a pure stock ROM for you which is TWRP flashable.

chmcarro

Sep 20, 2012
@MotoJunkie01, just checking in to see if progress is still underway for this device. This may be a great device for Android Go if the opportunity is there.

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
@MotoJunkie01, just checking in to see if progress is still underway for this device. This may be a great device for Android Go if the opportunity is there.
Yes. The Ideal has not been forgotten. Coincidentally, the obstacles which I encountered on the CM/LOS development were due, in part, to unavoidable hardware limitations. So, I recently started gearing my thoughts to the Android Oreo (Go Edition) structure in terms of development. I believe Android Go is exactly what this device needs -- slimmed down framework, better RAM efficiency for the Ideal's 1GB memory, a GApps package crafted for low storage and low RAM, all with benefit of an up-to-date Android Oreo OS structure.

ESzn

Jun 14, 2017
Yes. The Ideal has not been forgotten. Coincidentally, the obstacles which I encountered on the CM/LOS development were due, in part, to unavoidable hardware limitations. So, I recently started gearing my thoughts to the Android Oreo (Go Edition) structure in terms of development. I believe Android Go is exactly what this device needs -- slimmed down framework, better RAM efficiency for the Ideal's 1GB memory, a GApps package crafted for low storage and low RAM, all with benefit of an up-to-date Android Oreo OS structure.
That sounds very nice, I think this device could really benefit from Android Go.

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
That sounds very nice, I think this device could really benefit from Android Go.
Yes, due to it's hardware limitations, Android Go seems to be just what the doctor ordered. That being said, I'm needing some developers or motivated Android enthusiasts to team up with on this project.
Our initial goal simply needs to be the successful booting of an Android Go system image. We will need somebody to focus on porting a boot image, somebody to port/compile the system image, another member to focus on the Android Go GApps package for this device, and at least one more member working on telephony, RIL, baseband, etc. If I could get two, preferably three other members to join forces with, we can get this project rolling. I've already done some requisite research and have the needed source code. Three or four heads, however, are always better than one. Once we get a team together, I can start a dedicated thread for this operation.
Thanks guys...

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
@MotoJunkie01 are you currently working on any thing new for the ideal?? Would love to help if I could but not quite advanced enough yet.
I'm looking into the possibility of Android Go for this device, which would be a perfect fit based on the hardware specifications. Of course, open source code for Android Go is rolling out sporadically.

larrywilson

Sep 21, 2015
amigo seria grandioso androti 8 en este modelo por 1 de memoria ram, aparte de la primera edición de la rom no se a sacado otra rom verdad, ademas Ethereal-OS v1.1 no hay Ethereal-OS v1.2, de ser asi coloquen el archivo por favor para actualizar

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

I'm looking into the possibility of Android Go for this device, which would be a perfect fit based on the hardware specifications. Of course, open source code for Android Go is rolling out sporadically.

friend would be great androti 8 in this model by 1 ram, apart from the first edition of the rom is not taken another true rom, in addition Ethereal-OS v1.1 no Ethereal-OS v1.2, if so place the file please to update

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

friend would be great androti 8 in this model by 1 ram, apart from the first edition of the rom is not taken another true rom, in addition Ethereal-OS v1.1 no Ethereal-OS v1.2, if so place the file please to update

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
amigo seria grandioso androti 8 en este modelo por 1 de memoria ram, aparte de la primera edición de la rom no se a sacado otra rom verdad, ademas Ethereal-OS v1.1 no hay Ethereal-OS v1.2, de ser asi coloquen el archivo por favor para actualizar

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

No update to Ethereal v1.2 as of yet. I got stuck on the dialer framework for HD and WiFi calling. I need someone to provide me with a clean unrooted system image from the most current software version for the Ideal. This would help me greatly in getting an update out for you guys.

chmcarro

Sep 20, 2012
No update to Ethereal v1.2 as of yet. I got stuck on the dialer framework for HD and WiFi calling. I need someone to provide me with a clean unrooted system image from the most current software version for the Ideal. This would help me greatly in getting an update out for you guys.

If it would help, I'd be willing to factory reset to get what you need. I've already rooted and installed your ROM now though. Feel free to point me to some steps if I can be of assistance.

furmaneth

Aug 17, 2017

Is this project still active?

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
It is, and now geared in the direction of Android Oreo (Go Edition). Low end devices, such as the Alcatel Ideal, are now being manufactured and shipped with Android Go pre-installed. Once a device is released with a similar chipset to the Ideal, I will then use that build of Android Go to port to the Ideal. Because Android Go Edition is in its infancy, I won't even attempt to build from source, as Go Edition encompasses several concepts which differ greatly from standard Android builds.

furmaneth

Aug 17, 2017
It is, and now geared in the direction of Android Oreo (Go Edition). Low end devices, such as the Alcatel Ideal, are now being manufactured and shipped with Android Go pre-installed. Once a device is released with a similar chipset to the Ideal, I will then use that build of Android Go to port to the Ideal. Because Android Go Edition is in its infancy, I won't even attempt to build from source, as Go Edition encompasses several concepts which differ greatly from standard Android builds.

Was the “fixed” version of the current os you were working on still going to be released or are you going to wait for Oreo?

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
I hate to bother you but did anything arise in the upcoming release of the rom?
You're not bothering. I'm lagging behind right now on this and my other development devices. I'm out on the road working and climbing towers. I'll be settled back in soon for a couple weeks and will do my best to get something out for this seemingly forgotten device. Sorry guys for my delay. And thank you for your patience and continued interest.

Reactions: furmaneth

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry gentlemen I'm trying to put out a full release instead of a ROM patch, to address all issues at once. Likewise, I'm currently porting CyanogenMod 13 from the Alcatel One Touch Idol 3. I'm actively working on both today so I will keep you guys updated with progress.
    Sorry for the delay.
    Ok finally release v1.2 Beta near complete. Video camera bug persists so Pixel Camera will be replaced with a Snapdragon HDR Camera app.
    Ethereal-OS v1.1-Beta
    Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
    with Viper4Arise v2.5.0.5 Audio Enhancement
    & Google Assistant

DISCLAIMER:
    Your warranty is now void by proceeding. Flashing your device's partitions or modifying its stock configuration poses an inherent risk of permanently damaging your device. By proceeding further, you are absolving me of any liability in the event your device is damaged or rendered inoperable. You -- and you alone -- are solely responsible for your device. Follow the instructions carefully and things should go smoothly.

ETHEREAL-OS v1.1

As its name implies -- Ethereal -- this stock-based Lollipop ROM is very light weight & refined. It combines a pure stock experience with several features and enhancements beyond those of which are included by the manufacturer & service provider. Furthermore, this ROM has been debloated, and freed of those pesky /system apps for which many of us have no need or wish. However, should you have the need for those apps, I will eventually be providing a download link for the /system APKs that I removed.

REQUIREMENTS:
    In order to flash this ROM to your device, TWRP custom recovery must be installed. While it is possible to flash this ROM using an on-device flashing utility, such as Flashfire, these instructions will be geared towards custom recovery. If you do not have TWRP already installed on your Alcatel Ideal, simply search the XDA threads for the files and instructions to do so.

SPECIFICATIONS:
    Android Version: 5.1.1 Lollipop
    Build No. Ethereal-OS v1.1
    Kernel Version: 3.10.49-g3d12fcb
    Android Security Patch Level: June 1, 2017
    Baseband Version: MSM8909.LA.1.1.c7.1-113370119
    Build Date: August 15, 2017 15:22.26 EST

FEATURES:
    Moderately debloated;
    Pre-rooted with SuperSU v2.82-SR3;
    BusyBox 1.27.2;
    Google Pixel (Dark Mod) boot & shutdown animation;
    Zipaligned;
    Essential GApps;
    June 1, 2017 Android Security Patches;
    Insecure boot support;
    Init.d support;

GApps Installed:
    Google Pixel Camera
    Google Chrome
    Google Clock
    Google Calendar
    Google Contacts
    Google Drive
    Android System WebView
    Google Search & Google Voice Search
    Google Assistant Launcher
    Google Messenger
    Gboard - Google Keyboard

MEDIA:
    Dolby Digital Plus v1.0
    Viper4Arise v2.5.0.5 with FET Compression, FIREqualizer & Convolver
    NEON Audio Drivers v2.5.0.4
    Sony Music App v9.3.10.A.0.7
    Sony TrackID Music v4.6.8.0.20
    VLC Media Player v2.1.15

UI & UTILITY APPLICATIONS:
    MIXplorer File Manager v6.18.6
    SuperSU Root Manager v2.82
    Kernel Adiutor-Mod v1.0 (02-28-2017)
    BusyBox v57
    Nova Launcher v5.3
    Pixel Dark Icon Pack v1.8
    Pixel Icon Pack v1.1.3
    Quick Reboot Pro
    Fast Cleaner v3.2.8

Google Wallpapers

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Download the ROM and save it to internal storage or, preferably,
    an external micro-SD card;
    2. Boot your device into TWRP recovery;
    3. Perform a full wipe (/data, dalvik, /system & /cache). NOTE: If you saved the ROM zip on internal storage, DO NOT wipe internal storage. If you saved the ROM zip to external storage, format your /data partition;
    4. Select INSTALL from TWRP's main menu, navigate to the storage location of the ROM zip,
    select the file, and swipe to commence with installation. The process will take around two minutes;
    5. When installation completes, to prevent possible boot looping, wipe cache & dalvik cache. Reboot system. NOTE: first boot may take several minutes. Do not interrupt the process and be patient. Subsequent boot ups will occur much faster.
    6. After completing initial setup and signing in with your Google account, it is very important to go ahead and update Google Play Services and all GApps which require updates through the Play Store. This step is important to ensure proper functionality of the Google Assistant Launcher.

KERNEL SOURCE CODE:
    https://github.com/zombah/android_kernel_alcatel_msm8909

BUGS:
    When reporting a bug, if you are not submitting a bug report, please provide, with as much specificity as possible, the exact nature of the bug. Screenshots can be helpful as well.

NOTE:
    I am in the process of adding more features to this ROM, such as the CyanogenMod 12.1 Theme Engine interface or Substratum OMS management. I was not able to implement theming just yet, due to my wishes to get this beta release posted as early as possible.

THANKS & MENTIONS:
    I'd like to thank @Chainfire for his ceaseless development of SuperSU. Thanks to TeslaCoil Software for Nova Launcher. Thanks to Hootan Parsa for the best file management app on the planet: MIXplorer. Thanks to @Stericson for BusyBox. Thanks to Viper Acoustic for Viper4Arise for Android, and thanks to Dolby Technologies for Dolby Digital Plus.
    I would also like to mention and say thanks to @scohut for his assistance and advice on this project.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    Ethereal-OS v1.1-beta: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Sfod4HWfk2dDJYc1hreldSTTg/view?usp=drivesdk
    VoLTE / HD calling supported or not ??
    Ironic you asked. I just implemented both in my next beta release. The framework and UI have taken me a while to put into place. Under Settings, Mobile Networks, there is now an option for Enhanced LTE with HD Voice. I've also successfully installed full VoLTE framework with Fi/WiFi Calling. Doing my very best to compile and archive so I can upload today.
    Is the rom anywhere near ready sir?
    I'm stuck on the dialer framework at the moment, regarding VoLTE, Enhanced HD Calling & WiFi Calling. I apologize for the lack of updates, but please know that I am actively working on this project. Thank you for your patience & continued interest.