[ROM][5.1.1]Ethereal-OS v1.1 -- Custom (Stock-Based) ROM for Alcatel Ideal (4060A)

Search This thread

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
Ethereal-OS v1.1-Beta
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
with Viper4Arise v2.5.0.5 Audio Enhancement
& Google Assistant

DISCLAIMER:
Your warranty is now void by proceeding. Flashing your device's partitions or modifying its stock configuration poses an inherent risk of permanently damaging your device. By proceeding further, you are absolving me of any liability in the event your device is damaged or rendered inoperable. You -- and you alone -- are solely responsible for your device. Follow the instructions carefully and things should go smoothly.

ETHEREAL-OS v1.1

As its name implies -- Ethereal -- this stock-based Lollipop ROM is very light weight & refined. It combines a pure stock experience with several features and enhancements beyond those of which are included by the manufacturer & service provider. Furthermore, this ROM has been debloated, and freed of those pesky /system apps for which many of us have no need or wish. However, should you have the need for those apps, I will eventually be providing a download link for the /system APKs that I removed.

REQUIREMENTS:
In order to flash this ROM to your device, TWRP custom recovery must be installed. While it is possible to flash this ROM using an on-device flashing utility, such as Flashfire, these instructions will be geared towards custom recovery. If you do not have TWRP already installed on your Alcatel Ideal, simply search the XDA threads for the files and instructions to do so.

SPECIFICATIONS:
Android Version: 5.1.1 Lollipop
Build No. Ethereal-OS v1.1
Kernel Version: 3.10.49-g3d12fcb
Android Security Patch Level: June 1, 2017
Baseband Version: MSM8909.LA.1.1.c7.1-113370119
Build Date: August 15, 2017 15:22.26 EST

FEATURES:
Moderately debloated;
Pre-rooted with SuperSU v2.82-SR3;
BusyBox 1.27.2;
Google Pixel (Dark Mod) boot & shutdown animation;
Zipaligned;
Essential GApps;
June 1, 2017 Android Security Patches;
Insecure boot support;
Init.d support;

GApps Installed:
Google Pixel Camera
Google Chrome
Google Clock
Google Calendar
Google Contacts
Google Drive
Android System WebView
Google Search & Google Voice Search
Google Assistant Launcher
Google Messenger
Gboard - Google Keyboard

MEDIA:
Dolby Digital Plus v1.0
Viper4Arise v2.5.0.5 with FET Compression, FIREqualizer & Convolver
NEON Audio Drivers v2.5.0.4
Sony Music App v9.3.10.A.0.7
Sony TrackID Music v4.6.8.0.20
VLC Media Player v2.1.15

UI & UTILITY APPLICATIONS:
MIXplorer File Manager v6.18.6
SuperSU Root Manager v2.82
Kernel Adiutor-Mod v1.0 (02-28-2017)
BusyBox v57
Nova Launcher v5.3
Pixel Dark Icon Pack v1.8
Pixel Icon Pack v1.1.3
Quick Reboot Pro
Fast Cleaner v3.2.8

Google Wallpapers

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Download the ROM and save it to internal storage or, preferably,
an external micro-SD card;
2. Boot your device into TWRP recovery;
3. Perform a full wipe (/data, dalvik, /system & /cache). NOTE: If you saved the ROM zip on internal storage, DO NOT wipe internal storage. If you saved the ROM zip to external storage, format your /data partition;
4. Select INSTALL from TWRP's main menu, navigate to the storage location of the ROM zip,
select the file, and swipe to commence with installation. The process will take around two minutes;
5. When installation completes, to prevent possible boot looping, wipe cache & dalvik cache. Reboot system. NOTE: first boot may take several minutes. Do not interrupt the process and be patient. Subsequent boot ups will occur much faster.
6. After completing initial setup and signing in with your Google account, it is very important to go ahead and update Google Play Services and all GApps which require updates through the Play Store. This step is important to ensure proper functionality of the Google Assistant Launcher.

KERNEL SOURCE CODE:
https://github.com/zombah/android_kernel_alcatel_msm8909

BUGS:
When reporting a bug, if you are not submitting a bug report, please provide, with as much specificity as possible, the exact nature of the bug. Screenshots can be helpful as well.

NOTE:
I am in the process of adding more features to this ROM, such as the CyanogenMod 12.1 Theme Engine interface or Substratum OMS management. I was not able to implement theming just yet, due to my wishes to get this beta release posted as early as possible.

THANKS & MENTIONS:
I'd like to thank @Chainfire for his ceaseless development of SuperSU. Thanks to TeslaCoil Software for Nova Launcher. Thanks to Hootan Parsa for the best file management app on the planet: MIXplorer. Thanks to @Stericson for BusyBox. Thanks to Viper Acoustic for Viper4Arise for Android, and thanks to Dolby Technologies for Dolby Digital Plus.
I would also like to mention and say thanks to @scohut for his assistance and advice on this project.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
Ethereal-OS v1.1-beta: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Sfod4HWfk2dDJYc1hreldSTTg/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
There's a boot loop in the ROM. I just fixed it. Uploading the patched file now.
UPDATE: boot loop fixed. Replaced download link with fixed ROM...

Last edited:
Reactions: larrywilson

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
So far....so good

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-17-09-01-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-08-17-09-01-12.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,107

scohut

May 27, 2008
Without a hitch:good:

edit: camera works wonderful but camcorder seems to error after use "can't connect to camera"

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-17-09-04-25.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-17-09-04-25.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 687
Last edited:

ESzn

Jun 14, 2017
I'm having the same problem too (Screenshot) but everything else seems to be working fine! Like it a lot
d35ee5072380fd2481b8f427071e5b42.jpg

Enviado desde mi Alcatel_4060A mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: larrywilson

furmaneth

Aug 17, 2017
Just curious is there a way on your custom rom to make the sd card part of the overall storage on my device?

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
Just curious is there a way on your custom rom to make the sd card part of the overall storage on my device?
Perhaps. I'll check on the possibility of adaptive storage. Yeah you can set it yourself by using a terminal emulator and entering the following:
adb shell sm set-force-adoptable true

Last edited:

jflow36

Feb 5, 2015
I just wanted to let everyone know that the old Rro layers manager works with this OS... Some layers work, some don't... You just have to fool around with it to find one you like that works properly. Here's some of my settings screens with Jeremy Beck's Acid layers installed. For some reason I can't get the main settings screen's background to go dark to match. Same thing on the stock rom though... Does anyone know how to mod the settings app to change the background to black?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-18-19-29-34.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-18-19-29-34.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 259
  • Screenshot_2017-08-18-19-29-43.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-18-19-29-43.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 244
  • Screenshot_2017-08-18-19-35-22.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-18-19-35-22.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 243

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
USB Debugging is the same as ADB Debugging on this device. You are correct there. I'll see if I can get adoptive storage enabled on mine. If so I'll make a flashable mod.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry gentlemen I'm trying to put out a full release instead of a ROM patch, to address all issues at once. Likewise, I'm currently porting CyanogenMod 13 from the Alcatel One Touch Idol 3. I'm actively working on both today so I will keep you guys updated with progress.
    Sorry for the delay.
    Ok finally release v1.2 Beta near complete. Video camera bug persists so Pixel Camera will be replaced with a Snapdragon HDR Camera app.
    Ethereal-OS v1.1-Beta
    Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
    with Viper4Arise v2.5.0.5 Audio Enhancement
    & Google Assistant

DISCLAIMER:
    Your warranty is now void by proceeding. Flashing your device's partitions or modifying its stock configuration poses an inherent risk of permanently damaging your device. By proceeding further, you are absolving me of any liability in the event your device is damaged or rendered inoperable. You -- and you alone -- are solely responsible for your device. Follow the instructions carefully and things should go smoothly.

ETHEREAL-OS v1.1

As its name implies -- Ethereal -- this stock-based Lollipop ROM is very light weight & refined. It combines a pure stock experience with several features and enhancements beyond those of which are included by the manufacturer & service provider. Furthermore, this ROM has been debloated, and freed of those pesky /system apps for which many of us have no need or wish. However, should you have the need for those apps, I will eventually be providing a download link for the /system APKs that I removed.

REQUIREMENTS:
    In order to flash this ROM to your device, TWRP custom recovery must be installed. While it is possible to flash this ROM using an on-device flashing utility, such as Flashfire, these instructions will be geared towards custom recovery. If you do not have TWRP already installed on your Alcatel Ideal, simply search the XDA threads for the files and instructions to do so.

SPECIFICATIONS:
    Android Version: 5.1.1 Lollipop
    Build No. Ethereal-OS v1.1
    Kernel Version: 3.10.49-g3d12fcb
    Android Security Patch Level: June 1, 2017
    Baseband Version: MSM8909.LA.1.1.c7.1-113370119
    Build Date: August 15, 2017 15:22.26 EST

FEATURES:
    Moderately debloated;
    Pre-rooted with SuperSU v2.82-SR3;
    BusyBox 1.27.2;
    Google Pixel (Dark Mod) boot & shutdown animation;
    Zipaligned;
    Essential GApps;
    June 1, 2017 Android Security Patches;
    Insecure boot support;
    Init.d support;

GApps Installed:
    Google Pixel Camera
    Google Chrome
    Google Clock
    Google Calendar
    Google Contacts
    Google Drive
    Android System WebView
    Google Search & Google Voice Search
    Google Assistant Launcher
    Google Messenger
    Gboard - Google Keyboard

MEDIA:
    Dolby Digital Plus v1.0
    Viper4Arise v2.5.0.5 with FET Compression, FIREqualizer & Convolver
    NEON Audio Drivers v2.5.0.4
    Sony Music App v9.3.10.A.0.7
    Sony TrackID Music v4.6.8.0.20
    VLC Media Player v2.1.15

UI & UTILITY APPLICATIONS:
    MIXplorer File Manager v6.18.6
    SuperSU Root Manager v2.82
    Kernel Adiutor-Mod v1.0 (02-28-2017)
    BusyBox v57
    Nova Launcher v5.3
    Pixel Dark Icon Pack v1.8
    Pixel Icon Pack v1.1.3
    Quick Reboot Pro
    Fast Cleaner v3.2.8

Google Wallpapers

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Download the ROM and save it to internal storage or, preferably,
    an external micro-SD card;
    2. Boot your device into TWRP recovery;
    3. Perform a full wipe (/data, dalvik, /system & /cache). NOTE: If you saved the ROM zip on internal storage, DO NOT wipe internal storage. If you saved the ROM zip to external storage, format your /data partition;
    4. Select INSTALL from TWRP's main menu, navigate to the storage location of the ROM zip,
    select the file, and swipe to commence with installation. The process will take around two minutes;
    5. When installation completes, to prevent possible boot looping, wipe cache & dalvik cache. Reboot system. NOTE: first boot may take several minutes. Do not interrupt the process and be patient. Subsequent boot ups will occur much faster.
    6. After completing initial setup and signing in with your Google account, it is very important to go ahead and update Google Play Services and all GApps which require updates through the Play Store. This step is important to ensure proper functionality of the Google Assistant Launcher.

KERNEL SOURCE CODE:
    https://github.com/zombah/android_kernel_alcatel_msm8909

BUGS:
    When reporting a bug, if you are not submitting a bug report, please provide, with as much specificity as possible, the exact nature of the bug. Screenshots can be helpful as well.

NOTE:
    I am in the process of adding more features to this ROM, such as the CyanogenMod 12.1 Theme Engine interface or Substratum OMS management. I was not able to implement theming just yet, due to my wishes to get this beta release posted as early as possible.

THANKS & MENTIONS:
    I'd like to thank @Chainfire for his ceaseless development of SuperSU. Thanks to TeslaCoil Software for Nova Launcher. Thanks to Hootan Parsa for the best file management app on the planet: MIXplorer. Thanks to @Stericson for BusyBox. Thanks to Viper Acoustic for Viper4Arise for Android, and thanks to Dolby Technologies for Dolby Digital Plus.
    I would also like to mention and say thanks to @scohut for his assistance and advice on this project.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    Ethereal-OS v1.1-beta: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Sfod4HWfk2dDJYc1hreldSTTg/view?usp=drivesdk
    VoLTE / HD calling supported or not ??
    Ironic you asked. I just implemented both in my next beta release. The framework and UI have taken me a while to put into place. Under Settings, Mobile Networks, there is now an option for Enhanced LTE with HD Voice. I've also successfully installed full VoLTE framework with Fi/WiFi Calling. Doing my very best to compile and archive so I can upload today.
    Is the rom anywhere near ready sir?
    I'm stuck on the dialer framework at the moment, regarding VoLTE, Enhanced HD Calling & WiFi Calling. I apologize for the lack of updates, but please know that I am actively working on this project. Thank you for your patience & continued interest.