FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 12.1 |ASUS Memo Pad HD 7 (me173x) [MT8125]

4,824 posts
Thanks Meter: 19,218
 
Post Reply Email Thread
5th November 2019, 06:54 PM |#31  
Senior Member
Flag Android
Thanks Meter: 530
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdragonpt

If you know how to take logat ( adb > logcat)
Please start a log before you turned off the screen. Then turn off the screen for like 30 seconds, and wake it up

The second kernel , didn't boot?
That would help, thanks

Only LCM88 booted.

LCM88 logcat attached. Added dmesg from boot and one screen off/on.

Why is Recovery and your kernel have 180 degrees rotation? Just before turn off it flips back.
Cannot be corrected in kernel?
Attached Files
File Type: txt _logcat.txt - [Click for QR Code] (96.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: zip _dmesg.zip - [Click for QR Code] (115.2 KB, 6 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to tweakradje For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tweakradje Ad-Free
5th November 2019, 07:54 PM |#32  
Senior Member
Flag Bremen
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdragonpt

If you know how to take logat ( adb > logcat)
Please start a log before you turned off the screen. Then turn off the screen for like 30 seconds, and wake it up

The second kernel , didn't boot?
That would help, thanks

Second Kernel did not boot, but first one did.
Will try to take logs when battery is full enough to boot again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip logcat.zip - [Click for QR Code] (76.3 KB, 6 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Gronkdalonka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gronkdalonka Ad-Free
6th November 2019, 04:53 PM |#33  
superdragonpt's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
Thanks Meter: 19,218
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweakradje

(...) Just before turn off it flips back.
Cannot be corrected in kernel?

This is not from kernel..
Yeah that is because our device haves 180° flipped screen AND also 180° flipped touchscreen
( this is very rare) and there's no support from lineage or any other rom for flipped touchscreen+flipped screen ...
I had to fix it myself , I also couldn't use just the property for 180° flipped screen
Code:
ro.sf.hwrotation=180
since the screen would be OK, but then the user key input wasn't, (touch) I had to made my own fix under frameworks , and my fix is activated via a system property:
https://github.com/dragonpt/android_...937e2ac65a1b0f

You can check what this really does by using any root file explorer, go to /system/ build.prop and remove this line...

Just when it's about to entered sleep, SF would go back to it's "normal " state , that's when you see that half of a second flipped screen just before the screen goes off

In a greater part was also by our device having an 180° touch mounted that took even more time to build the touchscreen kernel driver
( this took nearly 2 years to build this highly customize driver)....

As this wasn't enough, Asus made some crazy board design, as the touchscreen needs two VGP ( power lines) to work, this isn't common at ALL. Figuring this also took time...

Asus sucks for not providing and complying with GPL

As for recovery: this recovery wasn't built by me, I just repacked this (old) recovery with an updated kernel ,lollipop ready ...

I had built twrp, but it's too large for an 6mb /recovery partition

Thanks to all the people that provided me logs, I'll check them when I get home
The Following User Says Thank You to superdragonpt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th November 2019, 06:37 PM |#34  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 304
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdragonpt

Some small intro:

Asus never complied with GPL (despite the efforts of many people, myself included)
Asus always denied to provide the *real kernel source code, instead they provided an generic kernel that is useless, as it doesn't contained ANY driver used by this device

So both kernel source code .zips released at ASUS are similar in this regard? https://www.asus.com/Tablets/ASUS_Me...Desk_Download/

Nonetheless, awesome to see this old tablet get some attention from a seasoned developer
The Following User Says Thank You to Palm Trees For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Palm Trees Ad-Free
6th November 2019, 07:37 PM |#35  
superdragonpt's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
Thanks Meter: 19,218
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palm Trees

So both kernel source code .zips released at ASUS are similar in this regard? https://www.asus.com/Tablets/ASUS_Me...Desk_Download/

Nonetheless, awesome to see this old tablet get some attention from a seasoned developer




FAKE FAKE sources, this are "generic MT6589 platform " Kernel source


Not an single driver used by our device is on those "sources"


Lets take a quick pick at "Asus GPL" i have them cloned on my github for an loong time:

LCM
https://github.com/dragonpt/Kernel_A...onfig.mk#L1265

LCM isnt the one our device uses, as well as the resolution set on the config

you can check all the drivers set up here, none matchs ours

you could think "well our drivers aren't set up on config" but probably they are still on the source, just the config is wrong"

Well no, the drivers are no-where to be found

The very few ones that are, are just "generic" and do not contain "device" specific changes...
Meaning this are "generic" drivers that MediaTek provides, without the changes made afterwards by the OEM/ODM for an specific board (project/ device)



cheers
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to superdragonpt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th November 2019, 09:34 PM |#36  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 304
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdragonpt

FAKE FAKE sources, this are "generic MT6589 platform " Kernel source
Not an single driver used by our device is on those "sources"

Wow, that's really horrible! Too bad some companies still don't respect GPL Compliance. This makes the current work even more impressive, best of luck with the further development process
3rd December 2019, 12:57 AM |#37  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Almost a month ago the last update... I'm anxiously waiting for a version to test on my Asus! Hope everything is still going well.
4th December 2019, 11:22 AM |#38  
superdragonpt's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
Thanks Meter: 19,218
 
Donate to Me
More
Yeah, I'm currently overseas, so can't do new builds
This last month my focus has been on kernel .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to superdragonpt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th December 2019, 06:30 PM |#39  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Edit2: Started to install apps, crashed again, wont boot
Edit: It actually booted after a few minutes of leaving it alone...

Hello.

Thank you for this update.
As many, I have thought that my ME173X is done for on jelly bean.

I have managed to flash the newer recovery and LOS 1103 build + pico gapps.

However after boot, during welcome setup it crashes, shuts down and wont boot anymore.

If I flash gapps again, the same, boot, setup, crash, wont boot anymore.

Any ideas how to fix this and get a stable OS running for daily use?

Thank you.
5th December 2019, 10:17 AM |#40  
superdragonpt's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
Thanks Meter: 19,218
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atax112

Edit2: Started to install apps, crashed again, wont boot
Edit: It actually booted after a few minutes of leaving it alone...

Hello.

Thank you for this update.
As many, I have thought that my ME173X is done for on jelly bean.

I have managed to flash the newer recovery and LOS 1103 build + pico gapps.

However after boot, during welcome setup it crashes, shuts down and wont boot anymore.

If I flash gapps again, the same, boot, setup, crash, wont boot anymore.

Any ideas how to fix this and get a stable OS running for daily use?

Thank you.

Seems that you didn't made full wipes.
You should do, on recovery , wipe all- preflash

Then proceed to install from external SDCard ( since the emulated internal SD will be wiped as well)
Install ROM + gapps at once

Let me know how this works for you
Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to superdragonpt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th December 2019, 01:02 PM |#41  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdragonpt

Seems that you didn't made full wipes.
You should do, on recovery , wipe all- preflash

Then proceed to install from external SDCard ( since the emulated internal SD will be wiped as well)
Install ROM + gapps at once

Let me know how this works for you
Cheers

Thanks for the reply.

I do a full wipe before proceeding with the install, but I use sideload, cant seem to mount the card.
So I do the ROM first then the gapps.

I dont know how to do them both at once. Always did it in this order when flashing my phone, sometimes flashed modem too.

Without gapps the ROM works just fine. Might try to extract and send apps from my phone.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by atax112

Thanks for the reply.

I do a full wipe before proceeding with the install, but I use sideload, cant seem to mount the card.
So I do the ROM first then the gapps.

I dont know how to do them both at once. Always did it in this order when flashing my phone, sometimes flashed modem too.

Without gapps the ROM works just fine. Might try to extract and send apps from my phone.

Found a different card, managed to fiddle it around to mount somehow.

During installation of the ROM I get a warning: No file_contextsdetected filesystem ext4 for /[email protected]
Patching system image unconditionally...

Managed to install like with sideload but from card now. It is really slow, choppy but working so far without any crash.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes