FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Unoffical LineageOS 14.1 for Huawei Y6

250 posts
Thanks Meter: 391
 
By Runner85sx, Senior Member on 20th January 2017, 01:01 PM
View First Unread Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Runner85sx: LineageOS 14.1 ROM for Huawei Y6, SCL versions by DestructoSphere
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 *
 * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 *
 */
Devices Confirmed working:
SCL-L01 VA
SCL-L01 VB
SCL-L02 VA
SCL-L02 VB
SCL-L03 VA
SCL-L03 VB
SCL-L04 VA
SCL-U31 VA

Features:
Based on LineageOS 14.1 - Android 7.1.1 Nougat
Custom ROM developed for Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 (msm8909) processor.
First Android Nougat ROM released for Huawei Y6.

Rom Download: xda devdb

Installation:
Ensure you have unlocked bootloader (there are many guides on how to check this) if you need a code go here, Emui Download Page click unlock bootloader and login with either facebook or phone account to obtain your code.
Install working TWRP recovery from: XDA DevDB
Download ROM from above link.
Download Open Gapps from http://opengapps.org/, select arm, 7.1 and then your preferred package.
Boot into TWRP, perform backup (always backup!!!), wipe data/factory reset, flash ROM zip and reboot.
First boot may take quite a while.


Known issues:
Camera - autofocus and brightness

Sources available on GitHub:
Device Files Part 1
Device Files Part 2
Vendor Files
Kernel Source

Credits to LineageOS, DestructoSphere and giorgio130 for making this possible.


XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 14.1 for Huawei Y6, ROM for the Android General

Contributors
Runner85sx, DestructoSphere, giorgio130
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Status: Stable
Current Stable Version: Initial 2017-01-20
Stable Release Date: 2017-01-20

Created 2017-01-20
Last Updated 2017-04-16
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Runner85sx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Runner85sx Ad-Free
 
 
20th January 2017, 01:01 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 391
 
More
Reserved
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Runner85sx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Runner85sx Ad-Free
20th January 2017, 03:30 PM |#3  
Adventuresovsky's Avatar
Member
Flag Łaziska Górne
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Ok. I've just installed the rom and tested some software and here's the results:
-Camera & Flashlight doesn't work
-Sound recorder is very quiet
-Audiofx doesn't work and it's laggy

That's all for now. ROM is very clean and fast.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adventuresovsky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Adventuresovsky Ad-Free
20th January 2017, 03:43 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 391
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventuresovsky

Ok. I've just installed the rom and tested some software and here's the results:
-Camera & Flashlight doesn't work
-Sound recorder is very quiet
-Audiofx doesn't work and it's laggy

That's all for now. ROM is very clean and fast.


Thanks for your feedback. Of cause we have some Bugs again. Camera & Flashlight is a main issue. Sound Recorder and AudioFX will be easy to fix.
The Following User Says Thank You to Runner85sx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Runner85sx Ad-Free
20th January 2017, 05:06 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner85sx

Thanks for your feedback. Of cause we have some Bugs again. Camera & Flashlight is a main issue. Sound Recorder and AudioFX will be easy to fix.

Great to see Linage 14.1 for my Y6! Thank you! Any idea why the camera isn't working on all CM builds for the Y6? Or when it will be solved?
20th January 2017, 05:15 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 391
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwingyTwingy

Great to see Linage 14.1 for my Y6! Thank you! Any idea why the camera isn't working on all CM builds for the Y6? Or when it will be solved?

We used a prebuilt boot.img for our device before. But it does not fit any more, So we created a new driver source for our camera.
It is not working any more for our device.
20th January 2017, 05:18 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner85sx

We used a prebuilt boot.img for our device before. But it does not fit any more, So we created a new driver source for our camera.
It is not working any more for our device.

Well, real sad. It's the reason why i'm not leaving stock rom at the moment, just because the camera isn't working. But it will be fixed in the future? Or is it something that can't be fixed anymore?
20th January 2017, 05:31 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 391
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwingyTwingy

Well, real sad. It's the reason why i'm not leaving stock rom at the moment, just because the camera isn't working. But it will be fixed in the future? Or is it something that can't be fixed anymore?

This will of cause be fixed. But not tomorrow or the next days. First of all we need to rewrite almost the whole camera source with a lot of debuging.
20th January 2017, 05:34 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner85sx

This will of cause be fixed. But not tomorrow or the next days. First of all we need to rewrite almost the whole camera source with a lot of debuging.

Great te hear! It's really great that you guys keep this device alive. Huawei needs to shame itself for that idiot EMUI bloatware.
20th January 2017, 05:38 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 391
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwingyTwingy

Great te hear! It's really great that you guys keep this device alive. Huawei needs to shame itself for that idiot EMUI bloatware.

Of cause they need to shame. And your commit is a fact for that!
20th January 2017, 07:44 PM |#11  
Adventuresovsky's Avatar
Member
Flag Łaziska Górne
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
@Runner85sx I've just found problem: when I try to enable Root Access from developer options there's only ADB. It's probadly something with ROM. I'll put a screenshot.

PS. I'm from Poland so it's in Polish.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170120-204250.png
Views:	2312
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	4010651

Wysłane z mojego msm8909 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread