FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][7.1.2][nx551j] LineageOS 14.1 for Nubia M2 [20/07/2018]

191 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,570

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from highwaystar_ru: [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][7.1.2][nx551j] LineageOS 14.1 for Nubia M2 [20/07/2018]

Code:
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * Same statement for XDA.
 */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What works:
Calls/SMS/Mobile data
Wifi
Bluetooth
GPS
Camera (Photo/Video/Flashlight)
Audio
Fingerprint sensor
DT2W
Keydisabler
Notification LED
Torchlight
Broken
You tell me

Source code:
device tree: https://github.com/HighwayStar/andro...e_nubia_nx551j
kernel: https://github.com/HighwayStar/andro..._nubia_msm8953
vendor: https://github.com/HighwayStar/andro...r_nubia_nx551j

Clean code with kernel rebased on top of latest caf nougat msm8953 tag. Warning! this rom uses forceencrypt flag for /data partition, same as global stock rom. If you coming from Chinese ROM or other not encrypted /data ROM your first boot can take long. Do not reboot while encrypting, or you will lost all your data. It's recommend to make backup.

Download
2018-07-20
* Fixed Google camera crash in HDR+ mode in low-light conditions
* Fixed color "jumps", "blinks", "grayish color" in all HAL3 apps
* Looks like fully working HAL3 mode here
gdrive: lineage-14.1-20180720-UNOFFICIAL-nx551j.zip
mailru: lineage-14.1-20180720-UNOFFICIAL-nx551j.zip

Previous versions:
2018-07-16
* Test build with opensource camera HAL. It enables HAL3 mode, but may also add some issues, please test if camera apps you are using is still working fine. Google camera mods working too, with HDR+ in Nexus 5X or Nexus 6P mode(tested with MGC_5.1.018.177624777-41364271.apk (BSG, 2018-07-12) version)
gdrive: lineage-14.1-20180716-UNOFFICIAL-nx551j.zip
mailru: lineage-14.1-20180716-UNOFFICIAL-nx551j.zip

2018-07-10
* Fixed phone crash when using dual sim.
* Set LTE mode on first run to allow to use mobile data for setup
* Added thermal daemon configs to control device temperature

gdrive:lineage-14.1-20180710-UNOFFICIAL-nx551j.zip
mailru: lineage-14.1-20180710-UNOFFICIAL-nx551j.zip

2018-07-09
* Fixed Phone app crash on Enable/Disable Airplane mod
* Fixed torchligh
* Fixed notification LED. Now buttons backlight red leds blinking on notification

gdrive: lineage-14.1-20180709-UNOFFICIAL-nx551j.zip
mailru: lineage-14.1-20180709-UNOFFICIAL-nx551j.zip

2018-07-04
  • Fixed high CPU load and high CPU frequencies issue
  • Removed FM Radio app
  • Added LTE option to SIM network menu
  • Fixed call recording
  • Fixed displayed battery capacity

gdrive: lineage-14.1-20180704-UNOFFICIAL-nx551j.zip
mailru: lineage-14.1-20180704-UNOFFICIAL-nx551j.zip

2018-07-02
Initial build
gdrive: lineage-14.1-20180702-UNOFFICIAL-nx551j.zip
mailru: lineage-14.1-20180702-UNOFFICIAL-nx551j.zip

To install this you have to install TWRP first. I can recommend this version, built with same kernel as ROM. nx551-twrp-3.2.1.img

If you want to use google apps use ARM64 Android 7.1 opengapps package https://opengapps.org/.

If you need root use Lineage addonsu or Magisk

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][7.1.2][nx551j] LineageOS 14.1 for Nubia M2 [20/07/2018], ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
highwaystar_ru
Source Code: "https://github.com/HighwayStar/android_kernel_nubia_msm8953

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOs

Version Information

Created 2018-07-02
Last Updated 2018-07-20
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to highwaystar_ru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift highwaystar_ru Ad-Free

2nd July 2018, 05:34 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thanks for the work you've done. In the future, plan to go to the official assembly?
2nd July 2018, 05:56 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Big thanks.
2nd July 2018, 06:01 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigeUA

Thanks for the work you've done. In the future, plan to go to the official assembly?

Yes, code is done as clean as possible way to be able to go official. To go official it has to be rebased to oreo first. It should be not that hard now.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to highwaystar_ru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift highwaystar_ru Ad-Free
2nd July 2018, 06:25 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I can not adjust my fingerprint, go to my home screen when scanning
2nd July 2018, 06:34 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigeUA

I can not adjust my fingerprint, go to my home screen when scanning

Had this issue too. Have not found fix yet. Workaround is to setup one fingerprint on first boot, it not goes home here. Second fingerprint can be added anytime later, , there is no such issue with second and later fingeeprints.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to highwaystar_ru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift highwaystar_ru Ad-Free
2nd July 2018, 07:53 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Hello,

Sorry for the noob question, but I cannot install the ROM because I receive an error while installing. Something like "this ROM cannot be installed because it is for device nx551j device and yours is NX551J"

How can I change this parameter?

Thank you for your help.
2nd July 2018, 08:01 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by estuardo4

Hello,

Sorry for the noob question, but I cannot install the ROM because I receive an error while installing. Something like "this ROM cannot be installed because it is for device nx551j device and yours is NX551J"

Thank you for your help.

Please install twrp from the first post. It should help.
2nd July 2018, 09:35 PM |#9  

More
Api
Hi , amazing work bringing nougat for us , thanks...

I'm testing for few hours and i tried many camera apps without lucky.. tried to enable camera2api for gcam and get force stopped in all cameras , could you help me ?

Another question is , will you bring future updates by OTA ?

Thanks a lot , wonderfull job.
2nd July 2018, 10:50 PM |#10  
Flag middelburg
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by estuardo4

Hello,

Thank you for your help.

it only works with the twrp that is for download on the linage rom downloadpage ,had the same issue.
i did flash the twrp that is advised and did work perfectly.
2nd July 2018, 11:07 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandvb

it only works with the twrp that is for download on the linage rom downloadpage ,had the same issue.
i did flash the twrp that is advised and did work perfectly.

Is there other way to install? Yesterday I flashed the persistance.img posted by Mauronofrio without problems and now, for the life of me, I can't get my Win10 machine to recognize my device. I uninstalled, restarted with the option of not checking for signature files, installed, nothing. Uninstalled and installed old drivers and nothing. Uninstalled and installed the newest versions from Google and nothing. My win10 pc can't recognize my Nubia

And yes, I tried to make a working USB live image with FWUL but I don't have the technical knowledge to know whats going on and why I can't use it with my Nubia.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
zte-nubia-m2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)