FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][PIE][ALPHA] LineageOS 16.0 for BQ Aquaris X5 plus (gohan)

111 posts
Thanks Meter: 66

By urobbot, Senior Member on 20th June 2019, 09:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
EDIT:
Hello friends,
I want to port BQ Aquaris X5 Plus that was formerly supported by LineageOS
to the newest LineageOS 16, based on Pie, eventually passing by LOS 15.1

I'd like this thread to be a coordination point for this task.

Currently the most up to date tree is by aquaris-dev team:
https://github.com/aquaris-dev/andro...e/lineage-15.1

Contributions, especially building, testing an reporting/fixing bugs are very welcome!

Let's do this!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to urobbot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift urobbot Ad-Free
29th June 2019, 05:20 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Stuck on the BQ logo at boot unfortunately
The Following User Says Thank You to EinarArnason For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EinarArnason Ad-Free
30th July 2019, 06:18 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Are you still maintaining it?
31st July 2019, 04:05 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milan

More
I'm currently working on it thanks to a donated device.

I decided to start porting from cm-14.1 to lineage-15.1 because jumping straight to lineage-16 seemed hard.
Also i found out that LeEco Le 2 has the same SoC as Aquaris X5 and has been ported from cm-14.1 to lineage-15.1
So the changes done there are a good reference:
https://github.com/LineageOS/android.....lineage-15.1

Currently Lineage 15.1 is compiling but it's stuck at BQ logo just like Pie rom.

I've pushed all the changes to
https://github.com/Nimayer/android_d...e/lineage-15.1
https://github.com/Nimayer/android_k...e/lineage-15.1
The Following User Says Thank You to urobbot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift urobbot Ad-Free
1st August 2019, 01:21 PM |#5  
Flag Cologne area
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi urobbot!

I had a chat with two members of android-hilfe.de (Matador and moosburger) which might be of interest to you. There is a community "aquaris-dev" which supports the BQ devices on lineage. They have their own repository on github. It is aquaris-dev/android_device_bq_gohan/tree/lineage-15.1. According to Matador there is a bootable image for Oreo which - according to his understanding - doesn't do much more yet (but at least boots).

He also mentioned that he intended to go through the sources of the Leeco le2 s2, which already has Pie.

I hope any of this information might prove helpful!

P.S: Sorry for not linking the repo directly - my post count is too low to post outside links
1st August 2019, 08:32 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milan

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanoBQ

Hi urobbot!

I had a chat with two members of android-hilfe.de (Matador and moosburger) which might be of interest to you. There is a community "aquaris-dev" which supports the BQ devices on lineage. They have their own repository on github. It is aquaris-dev/android_device_bq_gohan/tree/lineage-15.1. According to Matador there is a bootable image for Oreo which - according to his understanding - doesn't do much more yet (but at least boots).

The aquaris-dev team is the one maintaining official LineageOS build for some BQ phones.
I didn't knew they kept also unofficial ports.

I think this is the source we are talking about:
https://github.com/aquaris-dev/andro...e/lineage-15.1

Too bad I didn't knew about it, so I did some duplicate work.
In the next days I will try the lineage-15.1 from aquaris-dev and see if I can make some improvements.
Quote:

He also mentioned that he intended to go through the sources of the Leeco le2 s2, which already has Pie.

I know, but apparently the lineage-16.0 branch of leeco s2 is no different from the lineage-15.1 branch,
https://github.com/LineageOS/android...e/lineage-16.0
and there's no prebuild LOS 16 available from lineageos.org, so I don't know if it actually has Pie.
Quote:

I hope any of this information might prove helpful!

Of course it is, thank you!

P.S. Trying to debug my LineageOS 15, I managed to port postmarketOS to bq-gohan (the display is still broken though)
And I learned the hard way that the msm8976 kernel for gohan does not boot if compiled with anything more recent than GCC4.
2nd August 2019, 11:41 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Yes it is optimised for gcc 4.8.
If i can help you, please ASK.

If it helps im native speaking German.

Gesendet von meinem Aquaris X5 Plus mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to matador-2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift matador-2 Ad-Free
2nd August 2019, 03:50 PM |#8  
Flag Heidelberg
Thanks Meter: 3,824

More
No sure whether it's currently helpful for you: a few weeks ago I updated the kernel to 3.10.108

It compiled fine, i.e. I was able to create a LineageOS 14.1 version for Gohan, unfortunately I was not yet able to test it, as the phone is currently my primary phone and I need to prepare it for development first (doing a backup of all stuff, moving important applications to a backup device, etc.) and as is is encrypted and the sdcard is partly used as internal memory preparation takes a bit of time.
2nd August 2019, 08:42 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milan

More
From sunday I'll go on vacation, and I'll have mobile internet only and a small SSD space (less than 100GB of LineageOS source).
So I'll continue working on gohan when I'll come back home, around 21 of August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matador-2

Yes it is optimised for gcc 4.8.
If i can help you, please ASK.

Thank you matador,
I'll get in touch for sure when I come back from holiday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDiSa

No sure whether it's currently helpful for you: a few weeks ago I updated the kernel to 3.10.108

It compiled fine, i.e. I was able to create a LineageOS 14.1 version for Gohan, unfortunately I was not yet able to test it

AndDiSa, that's really cool!
If you want to contribute to LineageOS 15.1 for gohan, after you have finished backing up,
I suggest to work on the tree from aquaris-dev, and make a pull request to them if necessary.
https://github.com/aquaris-dev/android_device_bq_gohan

Thank you all for the help!
4th August 2019, 06:20 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
@AndDiSa,

I have made today a new LOS 14.1 Build with your Kernel it was stuck at bootloop.
I flashed back my last Build with LOS-Stock Kernel and all was fine again.

Gesendet von meinem CMR-W09 mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to matador-2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift matador-2 Ad-Free
4th August 2019, 07:17 PM |#11  
Flag Heidelberg
Thanks Meter: 3,824

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matador-2

@AndDiSa,

I have made today a new LOS 14.1 Build with your Kernel it was stuck at bootloop.
I flashed back my last Build with LOS-Stock Kernel and all was fine again.

Gesendet von meinem CMR-W09 mit Tapatalk

Do you have a last_kmsg?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aquaris-x5-plus, lineageos, pie

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)