FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][PIE][ALPHA] LineageOS 16.0 for BQ Aquaris X5 plus (gohan)

111 posts
Thanks Meter: 66

By urobbot, Senior Member on 20th June 2019, 09:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th August 2019, 11:10 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milan

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiagonunesandre

I also saw before in your earlier post that you've had GPS not working on 16, which made me think twice before testing this ROM... Do you have now a list of major bugs on your latest release?

On the earlier post I said that GPS was not working because I had disabled it to compile the ROM.
At the moment we don't have a booting rom on Oreo or Pie, but we will post here once we have one!
30th August 2019, 08:43 AM |#22  
Account currently disabled
Flag Karachi, Pakistan
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][PIE][ALPHA] LineageOS 16.0 for BQ Aquaris X5 plus (gohan)
Neither it will work nor have tried.
6th October 2019, 06:04 PM |#23  
Flag Heidelberg
Thanks Meter: 3,822

More
@matador-2 @urobbot sorry, it took a bit longer before I was able to start on developing / updating the kernel sources for gohan. I am still in the work on merging the upstream kernel but this time getting commit by commit from the upstream repo. Currently I have successfully updated the kernel sources up to 3.10.95 The branch is cm-14.1-updated ...

I was able to successfully build and to successfully boot Lineage-14.1 with the current version of the kernel. I'll try to move on the next days / weeks to get the rest of the upstream kernel merged, too.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndDiSa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndDiSa Ad-Free
9th October 2019, 10:01 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Yes the new Kernel ist running in my last 14.1 build.

Gesendet von meinem Aquaris X5 Plus mit Tapatalk
9th October 2019, 08:00 PM |#25  
Flag Heidelberg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matador-2

Yes the new Kernel ist running in my last 14.1 build.

That's great!
I successfully bootet a 3.10.105 kernel version yesterday. As I am on holidays the next week I doubt I will get it updated to 108 before. We will see ...
10th October 2019, 10:20 AM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milan

More
Thank you @AndDiSa for your effort on the kernel for Aquaris X5 Plus.
What do you mean on merging the upstream kernel? by upstream I guess you mean mainline kernel right?
Can you explain give a little more detail on the work you are doing?
10th October 2019, 11:09 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
We have a .108 Kernel running, since Yesterday you can find it at GitHub Moosburger/android_kernel_bq_msm8976.
Please contribute @moosburger a thanks for this.

The Following User Says Thank You to matador-2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift matador-2 Ad-Free
10th October 2019, 11:25 AM |#28  
Flag Heidelberg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by urobbot

Thank you @AndDiSa for your effort on the kernel for Aquaris X5 Plus.
What do you mean on merging the upstream kernel? by upstream I guess you mean mainline kernel right?
Can you explain give a little more detail on the work you are doing?

yes, I mean the mainline kernel and I am currently merging all commits missing in cm-14.1 from the mainline as that cm-kernel was on 3.10.85 only while mainline finished at 3.10.108.
After this is finished, the kernel should have all the security issues / bugs patched which were known when the kernel went EOL (November 2017). In addition so it's more easy if you want to backport features / patches which are released to newer kernels.

Btw.: a few moments ago I pushed the current state of the cm-14.1-updated kernel , updated until 3.10.108, too.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aquaris-x5-plus, lineageos, pie

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)