FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.0 for K-touch i9 mini-phone (Anica i9) (MT6739)

223 posts
Thanks Meter: 688

By PeterCxy, Senior Member on 27th October 2019, 02:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Introduction

This is the LineageOS 17.0 (non-GSI) port for K-touch i9 a.k.a Anica i9. Due to the lack of kernel source code, this port comes with a prebuilt kernel image, but the ramdisk has been updated to support a proper System-as-Root system partition as is required by Android 10.

This is ONLY compatible with the MT6739 variant of this phone.

About the phone

The K-touch i9 is an ultra-mini phone produced by K-touch (Ktouch / Anica) based on the MT6739 SoC. I got the phone purely due to its interesting size (similar to the Palm phone) and the desire to port real custom ROMs to it to see if they can work well. I mainly use it as a backup phone, so this port might not be thoroughly tested enough for daily drive.

Known Issues

- Some particular animation / gifs will skip frames or repeat incorrectly

Images

Flashing instructions

1. Unlock the phone (reboot to bootloader by holding volume up on boot, run `fastboot flashing unlock` and confirm)
2. Flash TWRP image from here
3. Reboot to recovery (hold volume up and choose Recovery accordingly)
4. Backup all stock partitions whatever way you like (especially boot / vendor)
5. Flash this LOS 17 port image and format data
6. Reboot and enjoy

Please note that after flashing this LOS 17 image, you have to restore the stock boot.img before being able to install A-only Android 10 GSIs again. Although you MIGHT be able to boot phh A/B GSI 10 on the boot.img of this LOS 17 port, please note that this is not tested and you still need to shrink the image size before phh GSIs can work -- the same as the A-only situation.

Why not GSI

There is no reason why not to use a phh GSI on this phone, given that phh GSIs work pretty well and I have actually fixed a few bugs for it too and I absolutely love it. However we can't play with some certain things, for example, transitioning to System-as-Root, in a GSI, and that's why I started this port just for fun. Also this device has such a small system partition that GSIs won't work out-of-the-box and require some manual adjustments just for the device, which kind of defeats the purpose. Nevertheless, I will contribute my fixes to GSIs so that things will work as well on GSIs as on my device-specific ROM ports.

Downloads

20191025: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...26312261605900

Alternatively, you may check the latest updates to both the TWRP and the LOS 17 port on my GitHub

Source code

https://github.com/PeterCxy/android_device_ktouch_i9

There is no kernel source code available for this device, unfortunately.

Credits

all the people that have worked on MTK devices before me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeterCxy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PeterCxy Ad-Free
27th October 2019, 05:35 PM |#2  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 65

Donate to Me
More
twrp link does not work
28th October 2019, 02:12 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theleftykid

twrp link does not work

It works here. It links to a GitHub release page where you can download recovery.img for TWRP
30th October 2019, 12:37 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,

I bought this phone, but with different CPU- MT6580, 5MP camera at the back, would this ROM be compatible with it well?
I've tried to flash the TWRP recovery, but it failed - "FAILED (remote: size too large)" so it mean the recovery image not compatible with my phone?

This device is really nice, but huge let down by the operation sys. The battery drain really fast, always "phone idle" take place at the top of battery consuming chart.

Thank you!
1st November 2019, 05:29 AM |#5  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 65

Donate to Me
More
hi, i have tried to flash the twp from your github site. i get an error that flashing was FAILED, file is too large. my unit is Ktouch/anica i9s with October 2019 update.

is there any chance you can upload the original recovery.img as well pls.. thank you.
1st November 2019, 02:28 PM |#6  
Quote:

hi, i have tried to flash the twp from your github site. i get an error that flashing was FAILED, file is too large. my unit is Ktouch/anica i9s with October 2019 update.

is there any chance you can upload the original recovery.img as well pls.. thank you.

Based on the previous comment before you, you seem to have the MT6580 version of the phone. This means you have a different and smaller gpt than the one from the OP that uses MT6739. You can't flash this ROM or any recovery from the MT6739 since they have different hardware and different partition layout. If you flash something, it will end with a nice brick
Cheers!
3rd November 2019, 07:39 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rortiz2

Based on the previous comment before you, you seem to have the MT6580 version of the phone. This means you have a different and smaller gpt than the one from the OP that uses MT6739. You can't flash this ROM or any recovery from the MT6739 since they have different hardware and different partition layout. If you flash something, it will end with a nice brick
Cheers!

Well, I’m sending myne back to get the mt3739 so I could mount 128gb sd card and to try this buil. It look promissing.
5th November 2019, 02:14 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

You boot into the original OS and the recovery will be back.
5th December 2019, 07:58 PM |#9  

More
Thank you for this ROM.
I used it on my K-touch i10. Its the same as the i9 but the shape is slightly different.
I have the 3gb - 64gb version and it seems OK.

I had to use BiTGApps-Q for Playstore to appear.
I also had to go into the USB developer options to set up file transfer from a PC.
And no wallpaper app from holding on home screen.

I hope you keep this up to date else I might have to try and work out how to apply security patches.
Thanks again

EDIT. Oh so are you saying I could just try and install the GSI?
Edit. OK so Wellbeing and problems with Gapps is to do with Android 10 and gapps.
12th December 2019, 09:34 AM |#10  

More
I also found twrp hard to control. The swipe action and pressing near the edge was difficult.
I don't have face recognition to unlock, not sure if that's because lineage os doesn't have it or the i9 doesn't, but certainly possible on my i10.
The swipe action in lineage is also difficult.

Thanks again. Just want to let you know.

Edit. Also a problem for me is when it's charging, touch screen gives the odd ghost press when used.
Ive found forcedoze useful with this phone.
12th December 2019, 11:45 PM |#11  

More
Works with K-Touch M16?
Theoretically speaking this Rom should work in the K-Touch M16 as it has the exact same specs, processors, etc. Being the only difference is that it has a fingerprint sensor.

So I was wondering does anyone know if this custom ROM and TWRP works on the K-Touch M16.?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)