What better ROM than Resurrection Remix to do the job!
Follow carefully! This process involves going back to STOCK firmware FIRST! This is to ensure your Internal storage gets properly formatted.
SAVE YOUR PERSONAL DATA! (Some where other than your tablet) You will lose it when flashing stock firmware. Don't worry about the struggles of getting ROOT on stock firmware, I have expedited the process greatly.
STEP 1: Get back to stock firmware. THIS STEP ERASES EVERYTHING, so save your data!!! Don't skip this step.
- Get any stock firmware file from here and follow the tutorial also in this link!
- The SP-Flash tool and drivers are all conveniently included with the firmware download.- Once completed boot into the new firmware just to ensure that you were successful. (Don't worry about going through initial setup we don't need it)
- Don't worry about taking the battery out when the tutorial says to.
- If you have issues with the driver provided in the download, try these. (Run dpinst.exe)
STEP 2: Install TWRP without root. You should now have a stock A7600-F Tablet, lets put TWRP back on.
- We will install TWRP with the same SP-Flash tool so that root is not required.
- Download the SP-Flashable TWRP image and scatter file from here.
- Follow the instructions in the tutorial linked in step 1 again but use the extracted TWRP scatter file you just downloaded instead of the stock firmware scatter file.
- You should only see "RECOVERY" listed in SP Flash Tool instead of all the stock partitions like last time- Once complete unplug the USB and use Vol-UP and Power buttons to get into TWRP
STEP 3: Wiping Instructions. THIS IS IMPORTANT! You should have TWRP installed and running at this point.
- DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE! Doing so will cause the Corrupt SD-Card errors!
- Just don't do it! There is never any need to wipe internal storage on most devices.
- Go to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe
- Select only: Dalvik/Art Cache, System, Cache, and Data
- Wipe it.
STEP 4: Installing RR 7.1.2. You should now have an A7600-F with the stock partitions restored, and no ROM installed, sitting in the TWRP main menu.
- ROM Download: here
- GAPPS Download: here (Select Arm, 7.1, and whatever size you want)
- Now simply flash the ROM ZIP followed by the Gapps ZIP.
Reboot and Enjoy!
Things I improved over previous ROM PORTS:
- Better Audio quality
- Smoother Substratum OMS Support
- Camera Fixes
- FM Radio (Headphones only)