FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL][PORT] Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 for Lenovo A7600-F [MT6582]

54 posts
Thanks Meter: 53
 
By SaberShip, Member on 31st January 2019, 01:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello A7600-F Tablet owners, It's been awhile since there has been an updated ROM for this tablet. I have released ported ROMs for this tablet before, however they all had some annoying bugs and many of you reported issues with corrupted SD card partitions. The goal of this ROM is to provide as close to daily driver material for this old tablet as possible.

What better ROM than Resurrection Remix to do the job!

Instructions:

Follow carefully! This process involves going back to STOCK firmware FIRST! This is to ensure your Internal storage gets properly formatted.
SAVE YOUR PERSONAL DATA! (Some where other than your tablet) You will lose it when flashing stock firmware. Don't worry about the struggles of getting ROOT on stock firmware, I have expedited the process greatly.

STEP 1: Get back to stock firmware. THIS STEP ERASES EVERYTHING, so save your data!!! Don't skip this step.
- Get any stock firmware file from here and follow the tutorial also in this link!
- The SP-Flash tool and drivers are all conveniently included with the firmware download.
- Don't worry about taking the battery out when the tutorial says to.
- If you have issues with the driver provided in the download, try these. (Run dpinst.exe)
- Once completed boot into the new firmware just to ensure that you were successful. (Don't worry about going through initial setup we don't need it)

STEP 2: Install TWRP without root. You should now have a stock A7600-F Tablet, lets put TWRP back on.
- We will install TWRP with the same SP-Flash tool so that root is not required.
- Download the SP-Flashable TWRP image and scatter file from here.
- Follow the instructions in the tutorial linked in step 1 again but use the extracted TWRP scatter file you just downloaded instead of the stock firmware scatter file.
- You should only see "RECOVERY" listed in SP Flash Tool instead of all the stock partitions like last time
- Once complete unplug the USB and use Vol-UP and Power buttons to get into TWRP

STEP 3: Wiping Instructions. THIS IS IMPORTANT! You should have TWRP installed and running at this point.
- DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE! Doing so will cause the Corrupt SD-Card errors!
- Just don't do it! There is never any need to wipe internal storage on most devices.
- Go to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe
- Select only: Dalvik/Art Cache, System, Cache, and Data
- Wipe it.

STEP 4: Installing RR 7.1.2. You should now have an A7600-F with the stock partitions restored, and no ROM installed, sitting in the TWRP main menu.
- ROM Download: here
- GAPPS Download: here (Select Arm, 7.1, and whatever size you want)
- Now simply flash the ROM ZIP followed by the Gapps ZIP.

Reboot and Enjoy!

Things I improved over previous ROM PORTS:
- Better Audio quality
- Smoother Substratum OMS Support
- Camera Fixes
- FM Radio (Headphones only)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaberShip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SaberShip Ad-Free
 
 
31st January 2019, 03:57 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Just yesterday I've dusted off this tablet, and so I was browsing the forums to see what rom I can put inside, and lickily, about the same time this thread was created! Installing it right now, gonna post a follow-up once I'm finished tinkering with it.
31st January 2019, 08:53 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
OK, firstly wanna thank you for this awesome rom, it's stable and fast, no major issue with it. What I did find, however, is that the camera flash is not working along with the night mode which is not turning on. Besides those two issues, everything seems to be in working order

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to LukaHM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LukaHM Ad-Free
31st January 2019, 09:11 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaHM

OK, firstly wanna thank you for this awesome rom, it's stable and fast, no major issue with it. What I did find, however, is that the camera flash is not working along with the night mode which is not turning on. Besides those two issues, everything seems to be in working order

Cheers!

Thanks for the report.

Camera flash? My A7600 Does not have a flash. No actual LED to produce a flash.

As for the Night mode, I have ported a lot of ROMS to this device and I havn't ever seen the night mode work right. If I even do get it to turn on, it lags the whole device.
31st January 2019, 09:20 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaberShip

Thanks for the report.

Camera flash? My A7600 Does not have a flash. No actual LED to produce a flash.

As for the Night mode, I have ported a lot of ROMS to this device and I havn't ever seen the night mode work right. If I even do get it to turn on, it lags the whole device.

Haha, I've turned the damn thing over, looked at the sensor, and you're right. Havent actually used this device previously to know about it, so glad we have that one sorted out!
7th February 2019, 10:38 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks SaberShip. The ROM works great for general use and apps but I'm having an issue downloading files. It says SD card not found Download to default folder. I attempt to download to Downloads folder where it says I have 10.43gb stroage available but it keeps telling me SD card not found. I don't use an SD card for storage on the device. Do I need to use one or can you offer any other advice? I've carefully gone through above installation steps 3 times.

---------- Post added 08-02-2019 at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-02-2019 at 11:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by caoiveen

Thanks SaberShip. The ROM works great for general use and apps but I'm having an issue downloading files. It says SD card not found Download to default folder. I attempt to download to Downloads folder where it says I have 10.43gb stroage available but it keeps telling me SD card not found. I don't use an SD card for storage on the device. Do I need to use one or can you offer any other advice? I've carefully gone through above installation steps 3 times.

So I put in an sd card and I then had option to save to downloads or sd. I still could not select downloads but I could select sd card which is worrying for me now. Thanks again Sabership. Nice work
7th February 2019, 11:33 PM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by caoiveen

Thanks SaberShip. The ROM works great for general use and apps but I'm having an issue downloading files. It says SD card not found Download to default folder. I attempt to download to Downloads folder where it says I have 10.43gb stroage available but it keeps telling me SD card not found. I don't use an SD card for storage on the device. Do I need to use one or can you offer any other advice? I've carefully gone through above installation steps 3 times.

---------- Post added 08-02-2019 at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-02-2019 at 11:57 PM ----------



So I put in an sd card and I then had option to save to downloads or sd. I still could not select downloads but I could select sd card which is worrying for me now. Thanks again Sabership. Nice work

What app are you using? I have not seen any issues with downloading yet. If you see 10.43Gb it sounds like your internal storage is formatted correctly. I haven't seen any download issues with Firefox and ES-File Explorer.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaberShip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SaberShip Ad-Free
8th February 2019, 01:28 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Unable to flash firmware - because unable to install Android USB driver on Windows 10
Thank you for the new firmware. However, the instructions to install the Android USB driver in smartphone flash tool (link below) the link below does not work.. There is a signature error and everyone (as per youtube video comments) is having same problem.

https://androidmtk.com/flash-stock-r...one-flash-tool

Pls advise.
8th February 2019, 02:09 AM |#9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D2sx34

Thank you for the new firmware. However, the instructions to install the Android USB driver in smartphone flash tool (link below) the link below does not work.. There is a signature error and everyone (as per youtube video comments) is having same problem.

https://androidmtk.com/flash-stock-r...one-flash-tool

Pls advise.

Main post updated with signed drivers. Please try it now.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaberShip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SaberShip Ad-Free
8th February 2019, 07:29 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thank you @SaberShip!

The installation of Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 was successful after installing the signed Android USB driver!. System is stable and fast. Thank you again.

App issues:
1. Netflix app (not available on playstore, but at netflix web site) works online, but does not allow video downloads.

Netflix diagnostic error for download is OF.NA.4 -which probably means device does not meet security requirements. ? any workarounds?

// Amazon Prime video works, with offline video downloads as well. Google chrome works. Tried other apps as well.

Documentation issues (minor):
1. "- GAPPS Download: here (Select Arm, 7.1, and whatever size you want)" --> Google Apps Super package did not install since the device ran out of space (error 70). Google Apps "Nano" worked.



System issues:
1. Wifi still does not auto-reconnect after Wireless Access Point is rebooted, but given that this has happened with different ROMs I am concluding it is due to a hardware issue with this device (and not ROM specific).

// Skype camera issue fixed. Camera image is NO longer upside down.



Quote:
Originally Posted by D2sx34

Thank you for the new firmware. However, the instructions to install the Android USB driver in smartphone flash tool (link below) the link below does not work.. There is a signature error and everyone (as per youtube video comments) is having same problem.

https://androidmtk.com/flash-stock-r...one-flash-tool

Pls advise.

9th February 2019, 07:33 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Netflix app not working on ROM due to Widevine DRM
Great job on the ROM!! - it is fast and stable.

I have been investigating why the <latest> Netflix app with offline download capability does not work with Resurrection Remix 5.85 ROM.

I found that some other ROM has similar problem, and it was caused because Widevine DRM was not supported. Netfix (latest app and offline download) started working after Widevine DRM support was added to that ROM.

Is it possible to support Widevine DRM in this ROM?

Here is the quote from another ROM:
"Quote:
Originally Posted by Federek
I recently found out the reason why after opening the Netflix app it shows the error "this app is not compatible with your device". The only workaround right now is to download an old APK directly from Netflix website (it doesn't support the feature of downloading movies). After some digging, I'm pretty sure the error is due to the fact that on, I think any Oreo rom available for bacon, Widevine Drm is not supported (as u can see in the screenshot below). I think it's connected to the files in the screenshot below, but I didn't manage to find a solution. I believe it must be implemented by someone directly in the rom code (I'm absolutely not an expert). I'm also sure it's not connected with root or anything else (the Netflix app is available in the play store for me).

(sorry is my first post)
[/IMG]"



Quote:
Originally Posted by SaberShip

Hello A7600-F Tablet owners, It's been awhile since there has been an updated ROM for this tablet. I have released ported ROMs for this tablet before, however they all had some annoying bugs and many of you reported issues with corrupted SD card partitions. The goal of this ROM is to provide as close to daily driver material for this old tablet as possible.

What better ROM than Resurrection Remix to do the job!

Instructions:

Follow carefully! This process involves going back to STOCK firmware FIRST! This is to ensure your Internal storage gets properly formatted.
SAVE YOUR PERSONAL DATA! (Some where other than your tablet) You will lose it when flashing stock firmware. Don't worry about the struggles of getting ROOT on stock firmware, I have expedited the process greatly.

STEP 1: Get back to stock firmware. THIS STEP ERASES EVERYTHING, so save your data!!! Don't skip this step.
- Get any stock firmware file from here and follow the tutorial also in this link!

- The SP-Flash tool and drivers are all conveniently included with the firmware download.
- Don't worry about taking the battery out when the tutorial says to.
- If you have issues with the driver provided in the download, try these. (Run dpinst.exe)
- Once completed boot into the new firmware just to ensure that you were successful. (Don't worry about going through initial setup we don't need it)

STEP 2: Install TWRP without root. You should now have a stock A7600-F Tablet, lets put TWRP back on.
- We will install TWRP with the same SP-Flash tool so that root is not required.
- Download the SP-Flashable TWRP image and scatter file from here.
- Follow the instructions in the tutorial linked in step 1 again but use the extracted TWRP scatter file you just downloaded instead of the stock firmware scatter file.
- You should only see "RECOVERY" listed in SP Flash Tool instead of all the stock partitions like last time
- Once complete unplug the USB and use Vol-UP and Power buttons to get into TWRP

STEP 3: Wiping Instructions. THIS IS IMPORTANT! You should have TWRP installed and running at this point.
- DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE! Doing so will cause the Corrupt SD-Card errors!
- Just don't do it! There is never any need to wipe internal storage on most devices.
- Go to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe
- Select only: Dalvik/Art Cache, System, Cache, and Data
- Wipe it.

STEP 4: Installing RR 7.1.2. You should now have an A7600-F with the stock partitions restored, and no ROM installed, sitting in the TWRP main menu.
- ROM Download: here
- GAPPS Download: here (Select Arm, 7.1, and whatever size you want)
- Now simply flash the ROM ZIP followed by the Gapps ZIP.

Reboot and Enjoy!

Things I improved over previous ROM PORTS:
- Better Audio quality
- Smoother Substratum OMS Support
- Camera Fixes
- FM Radio (Headphones only)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes