FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][DEBLOATED][ROOT] Stock Lollipop 5.0 Debloated Rom for Lenovo Tab2 A7-10F MT8127

995 posts
Thanks Meter: 512

By pix106, Senior Member on 15th July 2016, 10:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from pix106: Stock Lollipop Debloated ROM for Lenovo Tab2 A7-10F
Lenovo Tab2 A7-10F

Stock Lollipop 5.0 Debloated ROM for Lenovo Tab2 A7-10F (MT8127)

Disclaimer
Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
 * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this
 * roms before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 * Always backup your device before flashing any rom/recovery/whatever
 */

Introduction
Only for Tab2 A7-10 MT8127 variant
Stock rom, rooted, debloated, with updated and added apps

Installation instructions
Install MTK USB Drivers (windows xp/vista/7 - Windows 8/8.1/10 - other windows 10) and flash using SP Flash Tool (howto - howto)

Important notes :
  • Always prefer a clean install than an upgrade/dirty install.
    If you have any problem when dirty installing/upgrading, do a clean install and see if problem persists
  • In SP Flash Tool, always use "Download Only" mode when not explicitly asked to do otherwise (you could lose your IMEI/WIFI/BT) or if you don't know what you are doing.
  • Please do NOT ask about any problem with USB drivers or SP Flash Tool here in this thread, this is not the right place for it as these problems are not related to THIS particular ROM but to YOUR computer setup. There are other threads and/or sites about such problems.

Suggested
Flash remove_lenovo_ota.zip to avoid future accidents : do not install official OTA update on a non official ROM
OTA update availability can be checked here or there, depending on Lenovo versioning (is v57 20160614 - from OTA file name - or 20160701 - from Android settings info ?)

Changelog
v3.0 :
- based on unofficial v57 package
- rooted (SuperSU 2.76)
- blocked stock recovery self-installation
- debloated : /system/vendor/operator, AnyShare, AnySync, LenovoId, bootaudio.mp3, bootanimation.zip, shutanimation.zip, loading.zip
- updated apps on /system
- replaced AOSP Agenda with Google Agenda
- added Google Street View

3 available scatter files in rom:
- stock recovery
- TWRP3
- TWRP2

Downloads
Download tab above the thread

XDA:DevDB Information
Stock Lollipop 5.0 Debloated ROM for Tab2 A7-10F MT8127, ROM for the Android General

Contributors
pix106
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v3.0
Stable Release Date: 2016-07-15

Created 2016-07-15
Last Updated 2016-07-18
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to pix106 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pix106 Ad-Free

15th July 2016, 10:46 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Reserved
The Following User Says Thank You to pix106 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pix106 Ad-Free
15th July 2016, 07:04 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks a lot!
16th July 2016, 05:25 PM |#4  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Thanks man... xD

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using XDA-Developers mobile app
17th July 2016, 11:17 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 199

More
work fine , thank very much
17th July 2016, 05:15 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Is there a way to update TWRP and the ROM only and keep the apps and other stuff from installation?
17th July 2016, 05:50 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thE_29

Is there a way to update TWRP and the ROM only and keep the apps and other stuff from installation?

perhaps , if you have made before nandroid backup, by restoring only data or with this apps https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...3t1c.bkrestore . can't confirm because never try
18th July 2016, 12:18 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thE_29

After a TWRP backup, you can try updating without flashing userdata partition and see what happens, but i would recommend a clean install anyway :

Some users reported apps crashing after updating.
If you are lucky, you may only have to update google play services. That's what happened for me, but some other issue i already had before applying this update only disappeared after a clean install.

Lenovo updates do not pop quite often, for me they are perfect time for a clean install
18th July 2016, 05:26 PM |#9  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 11

Donate to Me
More
Great!

Could you create a more detailed tutorial for installing this ROM and TWRP?

I'm not familiar with the SP Flash Tool, and I'd like to avoid bricking the tablet...

You kept mentioning in other threads that this is for the MT8127 variant? How can I find out what variant is my tablet?
Also the SP Flash Tool how to isn't very helpful because it implies that the tablet should be connected in a power off state, and of course, nothing works...
18th July 2016, 08:07 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnick666

Great!
Could you create a more detailed tutorial for installing this ROM and TWRP?
I'm not familiar with the SP Flash Tool, and I'd like to avoid bricking the tablet...

I have updated first post, but i won't make any detailed tuturial about how to set up your computer to install USB driver and/or flash any MTK roms on any MTK phone/tablet.

Quote:

You kept mentioning in other threads that this is for the MT8127 variant? How can I find out what variant is my tablet?

And here too in "Introduction", thread title...

Use any hardware info app, such as CPU-Z or Aida64
If you're not asian, you should have a MT8127.

Quote:

Also the SP Flash Tool how to isn't very helpful because it implies that the tablet should be connected in a power off state, and of course, nothing works...

Your tablet has to be turned off to flash it, this is how MTK flashing works

Except it does not warn about "Download Only" mode (it's default mode, if you don"t know what you're doing, don't change it... ), i don't see anything wrong with this tutorial.

If anyone finds a better tutorial about SPFT, i'd be glad to add it to first post.
19th July 2016, 08:26 PM |#11  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 11

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pix106

I have updated first post, but i won't make any detailed tuturial about how to set up your computer to install USB driver and/or flash any MTK roms on any MTK phone/tablet.

And here too in "Introduction", thread title...

Use any hardware info app, such as CPU-Z or Aida64
If you're not asian, you should have a MT8127.

Your tablet has to be turned off to flash it, this is how MTK flashing works

Except it does not warn about "Download Only" mode (it's default mode, if you don"t know what you're doing, don't change it... ), i don't see anything wrong with this tutorial.

If anyone finds a better tutorial about SPFT, i'd be glad to add it to first post.

As It turns out, I became a victim of my habits... I own multiple Android devices (mainly samsung and OnePlus) and usually when I download a ZIP file, it's intended to be flashed, and I didn't check the contents.

After unpacking, everything became clear... Thank you for your hard work!
My tablet has been operating almost perfectly since then. The WiFi has some signal strength problems (only 1 bar, while other devices show full strength), but it works.
The Following User Says Thank You to gnick666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gnick666 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lenovo-a710

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)