[ROM] Sudo Rom [v1.1] [STABLE]- For Galaxy C7 & C7 Pro [22-Jun-21]

Which Rom Do You Use As Your Daily Driver ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

jesvi

Nov 24, 2018
Chennai
Sudo Rom

No , This Rom *Can Not* Be Used For Further Development Without My Permission . 👼

Disclaimer
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, or any malfunction caused by carelessness. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you ! If it works and you are satisfied then I will claim all credits without leaving one

Aim
This Rom Was/Is Mainly Built For Performance & As A Common Base For Sd 626/625 . :laugh:

Rom Features

High Performance In A Lite Package
Rebase From Latest Firmware
Pre Rooted & Safety Net Pass
Fully Patched & Permissive Eulah Kernel
Removed Unwanted Encryption & Stuff
ButterSmooth UI
Added Several Features
Yuva Features Made Optional
Completely Deodexed & Debloated (Optional)
Several Tweaks In System Props
Added Many Optional Mods
Added Navigation Bar (Optional)
Comes With Aod & Google Services
New Aroma Installer Theme With Cleaner Layouts
Unified Framework
And Several Other Things That I Never Mentioned :D

# Read This Post For More Details About Features

Sections/Parts Of Thread

Steps For Installation & Notes
1) Make sure you have the latest Bootloader

For more information on how to Flash latest Bootloader for C7/C7 Pro, follow the steps mentioned in this thread -

Latest Bootloader Flashing Guide

2) Make sure you have the latest TWRP recovery installed

For more information on how to install latest Twrp for C7/C7 Pro follow the steps mentioned in this thread -

TWRP Recovery Guide

3) Download the rom and transfer it to your Device

Download The Latest Version Of Sudo Rom Package & Move A Copy Of The Package To Your SD Card -

Download Section

4) Make sure OEM is unlocked in developer settings

There are three ways to unlock bootloader -

1) To unlock OEM , Go to (settings/about phone/software information) and tap on "build number" 4 times , then go back to settings and you will see "developer options after "about phone" . Click on "developers option" and you will see and option called "OEM Unlock" select/turn that on .

2) Type "adb reboot bootloader" (without the quotes) in adb shell and accept the adb request in your device,
Then type "fastboot flashing unlock" or "fastboot oem unlock" (without the quotes) and press vol up if any prompt displayed

3) In case you dont have OEM Unlock in developers option, then follow this guide -

Oem Unlock Guide

5) Make sure you have at least 15%+ battery left

6) Boot your phone to Twrp recovery

There Are 2 Way To Boot To Recovery -

1) By Holding The (Power Button + Volume UP Button + Home Key) When The Device Is Switched Off

2) By Typing "adb reboot recovery" (Without quotes) in adb shell

7) Do a FULL Data Format : (Twrp/Wipe/Format Data ) (Is A Must due to partition encryption)
& If You Want Performance That I Mentioned Then You Must Do It Although I Have Added An Cleanup Script, Manual Format Is Must If You Want The Performance That I Am Talking About :cowboy:

Note : All your files from Internal Storage Will Be Deleted . So take a backup and place the rom in your SD Card, Otg or (copy the rom package from backup / PC to internal storage after formatting data incase you dont have a Sd Card)

8) Flash Sudo Rom

Drop the Rom Package (Sudo Rom.zip) into your device (If Not Done Yet) & Locate ("Sudo Rom.zip") in the location where you have kept it and install it (TWRP/INSTALL/<location where the rom is> ---SWIPE TO INSTALL)

Note : After Following All The Steps, You Should See The Sudo Rom Splash Logo . There After The Aroma Installer Will Guide You 👼

9) Install Fix/Patch If Available

Now after installing the Rom / Installer setup, Place the fix file (If provided for a specific version of Sudo rom) in Your Device and locate it in your storage (via twrp) and flash it . (TWRP/INSTALL/<location where the Fix is>/ ---SWIPE TO INSTALL)

10) Reboot To System

Note : Wait patiently After Rebooting From TWRP After Installing The Rom... There Might Be 1-3 Bootloops during the First boot & It may take A While To Boot to system (7-15 min), After Setting up system make sure to reboot atleast 3 times to make butter smooth ;)

& The Last Step Is To Hit That Thank Button :good:

XDA:DevDB Information
Sudo Rom, ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
jesvi
Source Code: https://github.com/jesvijonathan/Sudo-Rom-SM-C701F

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest Bootloader, Twrp Recovery, Brain & Time
Based On: Samsung Experience

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: v1.1
Stable Release Date: 2019-10-05

Created 2019-10-04
Last Updated 2021-6-22

Attachments

• splash.png
    splash.png
    143.2 KB · Views: 905
Last edited:

jesvi

Nov 24, 2018
Chennai

Supported Devices & Bugs -
Galaxy C7 Pro
-SM-C701F
-SM-C7010
-SM-C7018

Galaxy C7
-SM-C7000

Important : Flash the Chinese ROM first, because the Chinese ROM doesn't have Google Play, it doesn't give the same FRP error. This is to bypass frp lock error on Chinese variants

(C7000 users flash v1.0 patch to get it working correctly, else camera, bluetooth, etc might not work on boot,
Note : This step is only for C7000 users ! C7-pro users can install/boot the rom without the patch as usual)

Dont Forget To Hit The Thank Button :good:

Last edited:

jesvi

Nov 24, 2018
Chennai
Last edited:

jesvi

Nov 24, 2018
Chennai
Q/A-

Q1) Can I Dirty Flash Sudo Rom Over Other Roms ?

It Is Highly Recommended To Format Data But Still If You Wanna Dirty Flash, You Can Upgrade From Other Custom Roms (Of Any Version Of Android) & Not From *Official Stock Rom*

Q2) Why Is My Device Is Stuck On The Splash/Boot Logo ?

Possibilities are :
* you might have not flashed the latest bootloader
* you might have flashed some other zip file before first boot
* you might have flashed magisk v19.3 or higher versions
* you might have modified some stuff
* etc
Post a comment if the above is not whats going on

Don't Forget To Hit That Thank Button :good:

Last edited:

rahul0009

Sep 2, 2019
smooth and stable

this rom is perfect, lite version is all i needed, very stable and butter smooth rom, thnk you developer for making this rom for us.

jesvi

Nov 24, 2018
Chennai
Sudo Lite Rom

Aim :

To provide a super stable version of sudo rom in a extremely light package

----------------------------​

Feautures :

*Super Lite Package
*Full C9 Pro Port For C7 Pro
*Fastest Boot Speed Ever On C7 Pro
*Minimum Bloat, Only Important System Apps Included
*Lite & Bugless Environmnt
*Magisk & BusyBox Included
*Patched Kernel & Removed Unwanted Encryption
*Simple Installation
*Semi Deodexed
*Gives You Sudo Access :cool:

--------------------------​

Supported Devices :

C7 Pro :
*C701F
*C7010 ( ZH & CH csc Not Included)

---------------------------​

Bugs

---------------------------​

Downloads :

Changelog

-------------------------
Notes :

*There Is No Native Blur In This Eom For C7 Pro Devices, Which C9 Pro Has & Thats Coz
1)I I Super Hard Bricked My Device On Adding Terble Support, Now i Cant Debug Or Do Anything For C7 Pro's Development
2) Does Not Have Supported Libs For Native Blur
If Any One Is Interested In Adding Native Blur Support, Feel Free To Pm Me Ill Give You The Port Files ;)

*This Rom Has Very Limited Bloats So If You Want To Add Back Any Other Apps, Pm Me

*ZH & CH csc (for china users) is not included but still the rom should work fine

*This Rom Can Be Shrunken To About 900mb But It Will Miss Vital Apps & Features

------------------------

Dont Just Say Thanks, Hit The Thank Button :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackoutpp

oguzfb

Aug 9, 2016
Redmi Note 10S
Hi, I wanna increase my battery life, I don't play games much and I use social apps (Twitter, Instagram etc), should I use this rom or is the original rom better for me? Or if not this rom, which rom do you recommend to me? Thanks

jesvi

Nov 24, 2018
Chennai
Hi, I wanna increase my battery life, I don't play games much and I use social apps (Twitter, Instagram etc), should I use this rom or is the original rom better for me? Or if not this rom, which rom do you recommend to me? Thanks

Both Are Equally Great, Give Both The Roms A Try And Let Me Know Which One suite You :D

Still, I Would Reccomend You Sudo Rom (Original) Coz The Lite Version Is a C9 Port Which Has Its Own Benefits

(Also There Is Eulah Rom Apart From These Two Rom)

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackoutpp

oguzfb

Aug 9, 2016
Redmi Note 10S
Both Are Equally Great, Give Both The Roms A Try And Let Me Know Which One suite You :D

Still, I Would Reccomend You Sudo Rom (Original) Coz The Lite Version Is a C9 Port Which Has Its Own Benefits

(Also There Is Eulah Rom Apart From These Two Rom)

Ok, my device is already 2 years old so its battery is started to die, but I'll give a try to sudo, thanks for the answer :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sudo Rom

No , This Rom *Can Not* Be Used For Further Development Without My Permission . 👼

Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, or any malfunction caused by carelessness. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you ! If it works and you are satisfied then I will claim all credits without leaving one

Aim
    This Rom Was/Is Mainly Built For Performance & As A Common Base For Sd 626/625 . :laugh:

Rom Features

High Performance In A Lite Package
    Rebase From Latest Firmware
    Pre Rooted & Safety Net Pass
    Fully Patched & Permissive Eulah Kernel
    Removed Unwanted Encryption & Stuff
    ButterSmooth UI
    Added Several Features
    Yuva Features Made Optional
    Completely Deodexed & Debloated (Optional)
    Several Tweaks In System Props
    Added Many Optional Mods
    Added Navigation Bar (Optional)
    Comes With Aod & Google Services
    New Aroma Installer Theme With Cleaner Layouts
    Unified Framework
    And Several Other Things That I Never Mentioned :D

# Read This Post For More Details About Features

Sections/Parts Of Thread

Steps For Installation & Notes
    1) Make sure you have the latest Bootloader

For more information on how to Flash latest Bootloader for C7/C7 Pro, follow the steps mentioned in this thread -

Latest Bootloader Flashing Guide

2) Make sure you have the latest TWRP recovery installed

For more information on how to install latest Twrp for C7/C7 Pro follow the steps mentioned in this thread -

TWRP Recovery Guide

3) Download the rom and transfer it to your Device

Download The Latest Version Of Sudo Rom Package & Move A Copy Of The Package To Your SD Card -

Download Section

4) Make sure OEM is unlocked in developer settings

There are three ways to unlock bootloader -

1) To unlock OEM , Go to (settings/about phone/software information) and tap on "build number" 4 times , then go back to settings and you will see "developer options after "about phone" . Click on "developers option" and you will see and option called "OEM Unlock" select/turn that on .

2) Type "adb reboot bootloader" (without the quotes) in adb shell and accept the adb request in your device,
    Then type "fastboot flashing unlock" or "fastboot oem unlock" (without the quotes) and press vol up if any prompt displayed

3) In case you dont have OEM Unlock in developers option, then follow this guide -

Oem Unlock Guide

5) Make sure you have at least 15%+ battery left

6) Boot your phone to Twrp recovery

There Are 2 Way To Boot To Recovery -

1) By Holding The (Power Button + Volume UP Button + Home Key) When The Device Is Switched Off

2) By Typing "adb reboot recovery" (Without quotes) in adb shell

7) Do a FULL Data Format : (Twrp/Wipe/Format Data ) (Is A Must due to partition encryption)
    & If You Want Performance That I Mentioned Then You Must Do It Although I Have Added An Cleanup Script, Manual Format Is Must If You Want The Performance That I Am Talking About :cowboy:

Note : All your files from Internal Storage Will Be Deleted . So take a backup and place the rom in your SD Card, Otg or (copy the rom package from backup / PC to internal storage after formatting data incase you dont have a Sd Card)

8) Flash Sudo Rom

Drop the Rom Package (Sudo Rom.zip) into your device (If Not Done Yet) & Locate ("Sudo Rom.zip") in the location where you have kept it and install it (TWRP/INSTALL/<location where the rom is> ---SWIPE TO INSTALL)

Note : After Following All The Steps, You Should See The Sudo Rom Splash Logo . There After The Aroma Installer Will Guide You 👼

9) Install Fix/Patch If Available

Now after installing the Rom / Installer setup, Place the fix file (If provided for a specific version of Sudo rom) in Your Device and locate it in your storage (via twrp) and flash it . (TWRP/INSTALL/<location where the Fix is>/ ---SWIPE TO INSTALL)

10) Reboot To System

Note : Wait patiently After Rebooting From TWRP After Installing The Rom... There Might Be 1-3 Bootloops during the First boot & It may take A While To Boot to system (7-15 min), After Setting up system make sure to reboot atleast 3 times to make butter smooth ;)

& The Last Step Is To Hit That Thank Button :good:

XDA:DevDB Information
    Sudo Rom, ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    jesvi
    Source Code: https://github.com/jesvijonathan/Sudo-Rom-SM-C701F

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Bootloader, Twrp Recovery, Brain & Time
    Based On: Samsung Experience

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: v1.1
    Stable Release Date: 2019-10-05

Created 2019-10-04
    Last Updated 2021-6-22

Supported Devices & Bugs -
    Galaxy C7 Pro
    -SM-C701F
    -SM-C7010
    -SM-C7018

Galaxy C7
    -SM-C7000

Important : Flash the Chinese ROM first, because the Chinese ROM doesn't have Google Play, it doesn't give the same FRP error. This is to bypass frp lock error on Chinese variants

(C7000 users flash v1.0 patch to get it working correctly, else camera, bluetooth, etc might not work on boot,
    Note : This step is only for C7000 users ! C7-pro users can install/boot the rom without the patch as usual)

Dont Forget To Hit The Thank Button :good:

CREDITS -
    *corsicanu (My Mentor/Teacher)
    *jesvi (For Creating This Entire Rom)

C7 / C7 Pro Support Groups -

Donations -

Hit That Thank Button :good:
    Q/A-

Q1) Can I Dirty Flash Sudo Rom Over Other Roms ?

It Is Highly Recommended To Format Data But Still If You Wanna Dirty Flash, You Can Upgrade From Other Custom Roms (Of Any Version Of Android) & Not From *Official Stock Rom*

Q2) Why Is My Device Is Stuck On The Splash/Boot Logo ?

Possibilities are :
    * you might have not flashed the latest bootloader
    * you might have flashed some other zip file before first boot
    * you might have flashed magisk v19.3 or higher versions
    * you might have modified some stuff
    * etc
    Post a comment if the above is not whats going on

Don't Forget To Hit That Thank Button :good: