XR6M10 Version 03.99.01.04 - Marshmallow - Latest
XR6P10 Version 03.02.00.04 - Marshmallow- Latest
How to flash twrp and or stock firmware
- Download and install the Qualcomm drivers from here
- Download the firmware from above
- Extract the firmware to a folder that you can easily access them from like your desktop
- Download and install QPST from here
- Open the QFIL application (Find it in your start menu)
- In the "Select Build Type" field select Flat Build
- In the "Select Programmer" field navigate to the folder you extracted the firmware and support files to and select the prog_emmc_firehose_8936.mbn file
- Select the "Load XML" button and navigate to the folder you extracted the firmware and support files to and select the rawprogram0.xml and then the patch0.xml when prompted.
- Plug in your tablet
- Run the following adb command "adb reboot edl"
- If the text at the top of the QFIL application says "No Port Available" click the "Select Port..." option and pick your device. If your device isn't showing up there you didn't install the drivers properly.
- Click the Download Button to begin flashing your device
Once you flash twrp you can install magisk via the flashable zip
Some info on what i have found about the device
There is really no security on this tablet. The bootloader will always report as bootloader locked, green dm-verity and secure boot being enabled this is because the LK doesn't seem to have ever been completed on it. Because of this everything it reports is static and the fastboot implementation is broken and doesn't work. This means we will need to EDL to flash the device which I provided instructions above on how to do.
Some XR6P10 may require more work because there is multiple variants of it made by vizio but what i have uploaded works on mine.