FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [19/09] Umidigi F1 Play | Eragon V 1.0 | 2019090318 Base| 9.0 |Clean| AOSP Mix

10,480 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,785

By skeleton1911, Senior Member on 19th September 2019, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th January 2020, 01:01 AM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I've been using this rom for a while now and here's a couple of problems I've encountered.

1. Sometimes when I leave a WiFi network and come back it won't connect and it'll say my WiFi network is disabled. Easily fixed by turning off and on the WiFi on the phone.

2. When I go to TWRP recovery and come back the fingerprint won't work, and it's not showing up in the security settings, but still shows in the settings menu. This can be fixed by wiping dalvik and cache in recovery.

Otherwise, great rom and can't wait for v2.0.
11th January 2020, 12:35 PM |#152  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weegee1

I've been using this rom for a while now and here's a couple of problems I've encountered.

1. Sometimes when I leave a WiFi network and come back it won't connect and it'll say my WiFi network is disabled. Easily fixed by turning off and on the WiFi on the phone.

2. When I go to TWRP recovery and come back the fingerprint won't work, and it's not showing up in the security settings, but still shows in the settings menu. This can be fixed by wiping dalvik and cache in recovery.

Otherwise, great rom and can't wait for v2.0.

I don't have the problem with WiFi you're describing but fingerprint is broken for me. I installed TWRP last week then tried a number of GSIs - none of which worked with the fingerprint sensor. However, when I reinstalled Eragon V1 last night, I discovered that fingerprint isn't working for me at all now. I tried wiping dalvik/cache but it's still broken. I seem to recall having this issue before when I played with LineageOS on a different phone a few years ago but I can't recall what I did too fix the problem.
12th January 2020, 04:02 AM |#153  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ0RG

Yes, yes and yes. But better use the twrp with decryption support from PeterCxy if you want to backup stuff.

I can backup fine and was able to install and use Magisk NP. I found the best way is to not install it before you go through setup, like after you enable bootloader unlock. Device will reset due to the built in security from unlocking bootloader.

Best thing to do after reset is to go through setup, go to security settings and set security to pin or anything other then none, exit then back and set to none. Reboot and then install Magisk. No problems at all.

Hope that helps.
12th January 2020, 11:41 PM |#154  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by txenglan

I don't have the problem with WiFi you're describing but fingerprint is broken for me. I installed TWRP last week then tried a number of GSIs - none of which worked with the fingerprint sensor. However, when I reinstalled Eragon V1 last night, I discovered that fingerprint isn't working for me at all now. I tried wiping dalvik/cache but it's still broken. I seem to recall having this issue before when I played with LineageOS on a different phone a few years ago but I can't recall what I did too fix the problem.

I installed Havoc 3.1 and fingerprint didn't work, I reinstalled eragon and it still doesn't work. I can only assume that gsi roms mess with the fingerprint settings somewhere on the phone. I don't know how to fix it now
13th January 2020, 01:40 AM |#155  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I am having a recurring problem with my phone crashing, restarting, and erasing my data.

The phone automatically restarts sometimes - I think it's due to memory leak. Clearing the RAM helped.
Today, I restarted my phone and it got stuck in boot (not bootloop) with UMIDIGI on the screen.

I tried reflashing with SP_Flash_Tool_V5.1936 but it's still stuck on "UMIDIGI LINK TO THE WORLD" screen.

Bootloader is unlocked as it said orange state.

Edit: Tried flashing the latest stock firmware with "firmware upgrade" on SP_Flash_Tools and it's still stuck on the UMIDIGI bootscreen ... and now the bootloader is locked again.

Any suggestions?
13th January 2020, 10:57 PM |#156  

More
Quote:

I installed Havoc 3.1 and fingerprint didn't work, I reinstalled eragon and it still doesn't work. I can only assume that gsi roms mess with the fingerprint settings somewhere on the phone. I don't know how to fix it now

Update on the fingerprint situation. When I flash stock through sp flash the fingerprint works, but now when I flash eragon it still doesn't work.
13th January 2020, 11:48 PM |#157  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:

Update on the fingerprint situation. When I flash stock through sp flash the fingerprint works, but now when I flash eragon it still doesn't work.

That is very strange indeed but at least it confirms that it should be relatively easy to fix this in future.
Today, 03:39 AM |#158  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
@skeleton1911 how are you making the changes?

It sounds like you are patching the manufacturer ROM rather than making a custom ROM based on Lineage etc
What are you using for this? Android Kitchen?

Are you doing this all manually or do you have some scripts to automate the steps for you?

I'd like to copy the steps you took to make a similar optimised ROM for the F1.
Are you able to share the scripts or some notes on each step you are taking?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
umidigi f1 play, umidigi-f1-play

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)