By TeamPrimeOS, Member on 26th October 2018, 11:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th February 2020, 03:41 PM |#4091  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
prime os proper installation on usb
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Run the live iso from another USB,or from your phone via drivedroid, then choose your USB as target to install to (Make sure you've chosen your USB, usually /dev/sdb"X", then install to this place, format as ext4, then install grub to /dev/sdb (your USB).
THIS IS PERSISTENT MODE, all data is saved to USB.

Hi, I followed the procedure, but the new pendrive with prime os does not boot. I tried to fix the problem with boot repair, but it does not work. I choosed not to install efi during the installation process since i have a notebook in legacy mode. I created the live usb with rufus choosing mbr partition scheme. The live usb works perfectly and the installation on the target usb was successfully completed. I checked with gparted and it shows a ext4 partition with mount / and flag boot. It seems just a question of fixing the boot. Could you please help? Thanks in advance
7th February 2020, 06:48 PM |#4092  
Flag Athens, Greece, Greece

More
Can you please tell me if classic version will run on this old laptop?
cnet.com/products/acer-aspire-one-d250/specs/
It is upgraded to 2GB ram.

Thank you.
7th February 2020, 07:00 PM |#4093  
Flag Jaipur

More
Prime OS is great performance wise but my WiFi is not working. Everytime I boot into the system, WiFi switch remains turned off. When I try to switch it back to on, it again turns back off. What should I do. I think this is a driver related issue. Thanks in advance for this wonderful x86 alternative.
10th February 2020, 07:17 PM |#4094  
Flag Moers
Thanks Meter: 381

More
Can you PLEASE upload this somewhere else or provide magnet-links to a torrent? I am sick and tired of AFH always aborting my downloads. The server I was downloading from literally disappeared, as I found out after the download stopped and I refreshed the page.
12th February 2020, 06:32 AM |#4095  
Flag Punjab
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadephyre

Can you PLEASE upload this somewhere else or provide magnet-links to a torrent? I am sick and tired of AFH always aborting my downloads. The server I was downloading from literally disappeared, as I found out after the download stopped and I refreshed the page.

Development of this Project is paused from march 2019. Use download manager like IDM, Free download manager or XDM to download large files. It supports pause/resume & refresh expire links.
14th February 2020, 09:00 PM |#4096  

More
build.prop errors
have tried to edit build.prop (model), but info in the settings is still the same, how could i fix it? file is written correctly, rw r r
15th February 2020, 06:15 AM |#4097  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 6

More
doesn't work on my amd ryzen system
why tf no android os work with ryzen although they support the instruction set
19th February 2020, 05:54 AM |#4098  

More
Hi, sorry if this has been asked.

I'm trying to add a grub entry menu for PrimeOS from Linux Mint 19.3 by editing /etc/grub.d/40_custom with following code:

Code:
menuentry 'Phoenix OS' --class android-x86 {
savedefault
root='(hd0,msdos5)'
linux /PhoenixOS/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0  
initrd /PhoenixOS/initrd.img
}

menuentry 'Prime OS' --class android-x86 {
savedefault
root='(hd0,msdos8)'
linux /android/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 
initrd /android/initrd.img
}
I have PhoenixOS on /dev/sda5, and the code above works fine, but on PrimeOS it rebooted after selecting the entry and goes back to grub menu.
Why is it not booting?
19th February 2020, 09:50 AM |#4099  
Flag Ashland
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
How to remove?
How in the world can this be uninstalled?!
It's permanently attached to my bootloader and I'd like to remove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamPrimeOS

Hello everyone, we will soon release PrimeOS 0.4.3, as you all know, we normally release both 32 bit and 64 bit variants, but starting from PrimeOS 0.4.3, this has changed, we will now have three variants depending on hardware, please read below very carefully and decide which one suits you best.

Note - We are not releasing OTA for 0.4.3 since we want every user to install the correct variant for their hardware.

1. PrimeOS Mainline 64 bit (for newest systems 2014+) -
    Use this variant only if you have a cpu which was manufactured in or after year 2014, For example -> [ Intel Core i series 5th gen or above OR Intel celeron N4000 OR AMD A8 7410 etc. ] Also make sure that your CPU has SSE 4.2 instruction support, just enter your cpu model on google and you can find all this info easily. This variant of PrimeOS will work well for both Intel and AMD GPUs, however, if you use a desktop and have a Nvidia GPU, you should not use this variant as it will cause lockups and will lead to freezes, but if you have a laptop, your Intel gpu will work well instead of Nvidia. In case you get any graphic glitches on this variant, you should switch to PrimeOS Standard.
    This variant of PrimeOS will be using 4.19 kernel and 18.1.0 mesa, once you install this variant of PrimeOS, you will always get OTA of this variant only, in case you want to switch to the other variant (for older systems), you must re-install PrimeOS.
  2. PrimeOS Standard 64 bit (for newer systems 2011+) -
    Use this variant only if you have a cpu which was manufactured in or after year 2011, For example -> [ Intel Core i series 2nd gen or above OR Intel celeron N3350 OR AMD A8 5550M etc. ] Also make sure that your CPU has SSE 4.2 instruction support, just enter your cpu model on google and you can find all this info easily. This variant of PrimeOS will work well for Older Intel, AMD, Nvidia GPUs.
    This variant of PrimeOS will be using 4.14 kernel and 17.1.10 mesa, once you install this variant of PrimeOS, you will always get OTA of this variant only, in case you want to switch to the other variant (for older systems), you must re-install PrimeOS.
  3. PrimeOS Classic 32 bit (for older systems) -
    Use this variant if you have a cpu which was manufactured before year 2011, For example ->[ Intel Core i series 1st gen or below OR Intel Pentium dual core OR Intel Pentium G620 OR AMD Phenom II X6 1100T etc. ] Just enter your cpu model on google and you can find this info easily. This variant of PrimeOS will work well for all Old Intel, Old AMD and Old Nvidia GPUs. This version will also work on 32-bit systems, In case you cannot boot this variant of PrimeOS, you should try using PrimeOS standard or mainline.
    This variant of PrimeOS will be using 4.14 kernel and 17.1.10 mesa, once you install this variant of PrimeOS, you will always get OTA of this variant only, in case you want to switch to the other variant (for older systems), you must re-install PrimeOS.

20th February 2020, 03:15 AM |#4100  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kromgr

Can you please tell me if classic version will run on this old laptop?
cnet.com/products/acer-aspire-one-d250/specs/
It is upgraded to 2GB ram.

Thank you.

download iso, burn to flashdisk try live

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDAmmjsmohitXDA

Prime OS is great performance wise but my WiFi is not working. Everytime I boot into the system, WiFi switch remains turned off. When I try to switch it back to on, it again turns back off. What should I do. I think this is a driver related issue. Thanks in advance for this wonderful x86 alternative.

which version? earlier version my laptop nt support wifi too but last version 045 wifi is possible
u can try few version live to see if wifi support or not
try 0.3x maybe
24th February 2020, 10:43 PM |#4101  

More
how r u stuck? elaborate
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)